Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Feb 04 2010, 02:03 PM

I know all about hiring a buddy or neighbor and such, problem is that they arent on when I am and I just want to get it done with. Rest assure that most of the time this isnt a problem, but just as of late its been so. Maybe Im just in a funk or something.

Riverview plantation
Old Feb 04 2010, 02:27 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberdh View Post
Tom, I feel exactly the same as you. What I do is hire to harvest, Leave FT and come here usually and then go hire new people to plow and leave again. They can bicker all they want because I am not even there. As far as hiding trees ( back when I had trees) I would only hire those that said they knew how in the MP. I have tons of patience here in the forum but on my farm. Not so much.
That is what I do I just don't go back with them. Not because I have had a lot of fighting but I get sick of being ask to plow the second we get to the farm. I don't mind if they ask after the harvesting is done but not the second we get to the farm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Farmer Tom~ View Post
Maybe thats what I should do too. I always thought it to be kinda rude(just my opinion) to leave but I dont play farmtown for added stress. Ive raised a child by myself for the most part and am done explaining about sharing
There are some that feel like the farm owner not being there is very rude and don't understand how some people can be so rude. Me personally think it is just fine that the farm owner is not there. I understand that people have a life outside of FT and they work farming into their lives. I also think that the reason some people think it is rude is that they want to plow and if the farm owner is not there they can't be hired to plow. Also something to keep in mind if you have two farms the people you hire can not see your other farm so how are they supposed to know if you are there are not you could be on the other farm.

As for sharing I feel like it is every avatar for themselves, what you get is what you get. Now that said before I get jumped on I will not cut people off or jump into the area they are working in, but if I happen to be faster and I just get more crops then the next guy oh well, I don't have time to count the crops and make sure we both get half. I have had times when I have gotten less then others. It also depends on how many where hired if 2 for a nice size farm then I will work with the other person but if they hire 10 people then I'm going to grab what I can before the next guy gets it.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Feb 05 2010, 06:31 AM
Account Not Linked

I never sit around on my farm and watch the person harvesting. I have no desire to have some conversation with people and am just needing my farm harvested. If they don't want to harvest my pineapples because I'm not there more power to them. I will just come back later and hire someone else. I have a real life. I don't have time to sit around and babysit my farm while people are there.

On the rare occasion I harvest for others I don't chat. I'll usually say thanks at the end but that's about it and have never really understood why they just stand on their farm and watch but it's their farm so more power to them.
Old Feb 05 2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
I never sit around on my farm and watch the person harvesting. I have no desire to have some conversation with people and am just needing my farm harvested. If they don't want to harvest my pineapples because I'm not there more power to them. I will just come back later and hire someone else. I have a real life. I don't have time to sit around and babysit my farm while people are there.

On the rare occasion I harvest for others I don't chat. I'll usually say thanks at the end but that's about it and have never really understood why they just stand on their farm and watch but it's their farm so more power to them.

allot of time they might not be there watching. i know when i get a worker i leave my screen up but come here to the forum or another website. so while my avatar is "standing there watching" im doing my thing elsewhere lol
Old Feb 05 2010, 08:16 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post

Some people hire the same people to harvest and plow so they need to be at their farm to do that. They also may want to seed as soon as the plowing is done so they go back to the farm with them for that reason. But like jeanieNGMsfarm said just because an avatar is at the farm doesn't mean the person is there, they could be on here, in another tab, doing something else, checking email, on another computer program, or have walked away form the computer.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

Old Feb 05 2010, 03:25 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
There are some that feel like the farm owner not being there is very rude and don't understand how some people can be so rude. Me personally think it is just fine that the farm owner is not there. I understand that people have a life outside of FT and they work farming into their lives. I also think that the reason some people think it is rude is that they want to plow and if the farm owner is not there they can't be hired to plow. Also something to keep in mind if you have two farms the people you hire can not see your other farm so how are they supposed to know if you are there are not you could be on the other farm.
Id rather the farmer not be there after hire, than to sit and analyze my every move ...makes me feel more comfortable

I usaly have both farms going so i have to switch back and fourth so i can hire after to plow and I usaly only hire solo and have started a list on the good and bad hires.

they need to add a way for people who get booted off a job to be able to get back, as if we had to add every hire/or person we hired on our bud list, it be pretty long.

would be nice to have a five star rating where you could rate the employer/employee and farm . this would weed out the bad easier.
Old Feb 05 2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelovelife207 View Post
Id rather the farmer not be there after hire, than to sit and analyze my every move ...makes me feel more comfortable

I usaly have both farms going so i have to switch back and fourth so i can hire after to plow and I usaly only hire solo and have started a list on the good and bad hires.

they need to add a way for people who get booted off a job to be able to get back, as if we had to add every hire/or person we hired on our bud list, it be pretty long.

would be nice to have a five star rating where you could rate the employer/employee and farm . this would weed out the bad easier.

i can the the rating option being abused.
Old Feb 05 2010, 03:45 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanieNGMsfarm View Post
i can the the rating option being abused.
Have it where you can give a star for at least for the good work someone does, then it can`t be abused.

if you don`t like the person work, than simply don`t give them a good rating.

we have this rating in my other app. on superpoke pets and its worked out well...

we rate the best playdates (when you feed someones pet) and their habitats.
Old Feb 05 2010, 04:02 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelovelife207 View Post

Look at this other post of mine it will explain some things about the avatar being on the farm but the person not being there to watch your every move. I personally never look to see if the farm owner is there or not I just get to work. Sometimes I will notice if they are there, like when I'm hired alone or with just one other person but when there is a herd of people it is hard to tell unless you look closely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Some people hire the same people to harvest and plow so they need to be at their farm to do that. They also may want to seed as soon as the plowing is done so they go back to the farm with them for that reason. But like jeanieNGMsfarm said just because an avatar is at the farm doesn't mean the person is there, they could be on here, in another tab, doing something else, checking email, on another computer program, or have walked away form the computer.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

Old Feb 06 2010, 08:32 AM

Today I ran into something I never have before - I was hired to help harvest a farm - there were two other workers, but a big farm with plenty of crops for all of us. But when we finished, I received a plow request and didn't notice who made the request, thinking it was the farmer who hired me originally.

Nope - it must have been another of the workers, because I landed on a farm with new crops and nothing to plow, nothing to harvest.

Pretty sneaky, huh?