Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 23 2010, 10:57 PM
Account Not Linked

Tracey, I have the same problem, and wondering what is going on.
Old Nov 24 2010, 05:44 AM

I keep getting an error message when I send a message to another farmer, as well as randomly during harvesting/plowing/fishing. When I click the green check it opens a new window, and bingo........back to my farm I go. Any ideas??
Old Nov 24 2010, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerjan View Post
I keep getting an error message when I send a message to another farmer, as well as randomly during harvesting/plowing/fishing. When I click the green check it opens a new window, and bingo........back to my farm I go. Any ideas??
Hi, what error message are you getting ? If it is the "connection to server" error then try clearing your memory cache and deleting your macromedia file. There is info on this in the blue link below.
Old Nov 24 2010, 11:11 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Production Requirements and Facilities

I really love playing the game with all the new updates, facilities and products ... being able to help on other people's farms is really entertaining and profitable as well as a chance to either chat with new people or look around at their farm to see some of the incredible ideas people are using in their farm designs. ...

That being said, there seems to be a problem with the ever increasing inventory requirements ... The problem is with timing and the production output of the Farm Cash Paid For Facilities like the Semi-Trailer Truck, the Fish Farming Plant and the Bee Farm ...

When I put out a production I like to give a wide variety of products from a wide selection of facilities with sufficient quantity to make it fun for those who visit my farms and work at my facilities ... I believe that half the fun is gaining XP, coins and Product ... however, it is getting to a point where a person has to pick and choose what facilities they are going to use ... many of the facilities have to remain idle or put out such a low volume of production that it is not worth having ... BECAUSE the output from the 3 facilities I mentioned is NOT NEARLY enough to satisfy the growing demand.

Examples ... Chicken is put out at the rate of 5 units per hour or 120 units per day ...Yeast is put out at 5 units per every 2 hours or 60 units per day ...
Chicken requirements with the addition of the latest restaurants has grown to 4440 units to produce a full production run, but the output from a single "Truck" takes approximately 37 days to make and deliver that much chicken ... (it was bad when the requirements from the Taco Restaurant were 1440, but it is ridiculous now) ... Yeast takes 300 units to make a full production run in the Brewery ... but it takes the "Truck" 5 days to make that much yeast ... so if you put out a full compliment of Brewery products you can't use that facility for another 5 days ...

The Bee Farm takes about 10 days to produce enough jars of honey to meet the requirements of 1410 for full production and Beeswax (a new product) takes 4 1/2 days ...

Fish Farming Plant requirements are also ridiculous ... Shrimp requires 600 units which takes 18.75 days to produce ...

Since we paid Farm Cash (Real Money) for these facilities and since we pay coins for production, and fuel in the case of the "Truck" output something needs to be done to either increase the production output or speed up the timing ... We should not have to pick and choose what we are going to produce and which of our facilities we are going to have sitting idle for a month at a time ...

I don't have the answer, I put this out to the developers and the other players to come up with a reasonable solution ... otherwise, why purchase more facilities ... My Seafood Restaurant is getting filled with cobwebs and my Pasta Restaurant hasn't made anything "Chicken" since the first week I owned it ...

We increased our "Crop" output by fertilizer and we increased the ability to own and harvest more trees with the Tree Shaker ... purchasing a "Truck" for every farm and 2 or 3 Bee Farms and Fish Farms is not realistic ... in the cost or the design of the farms ... I have purchased a second Truck (begrudgingly) to help alleviate the problems on my farms, but it takes FC away from other tools or facilities ...
Old Nov 24 2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Michelle View Post
I really love playing the game with all the new updates, facilities and products ... being able to help on other people's farms is really entertaining and profitable as well as a chance to either chat with new people or look around at their farm to see some of the incredible ideas people are using in their farm designs. ...

That being said, there seems to be a problem with the ever increasing inventory requirements ... The problem is with timing and the production output of the Farm Cash Paid For Facilities like the Semi-Trailer Truck, the Fish Farming Plant and the Bee Farm ...

When I put out a production I like to give a wide variety of products from a wide selection of facilities with sufficient quantity to make it fun for those who visit my farms and work at my facilities ... I believe that half the fun is gaining XP, coins and Product ... however, it is getting to a point where a person has to pick and choose what facilities they are going to use ... many of the facilities have to remain idle or put out such a low volume of production that it is not worth having ... BECAUSE the output from the 3 facilities I mentioned is NOT NEARLY enough to satisfy the growing demand.

Examples ... Chicken is put out at the rate of 5 units per hour or 120 units per day ...Yeast is put out at 5 units per every 2 hours or 60 units per day ...
Chicken requirements with the addition of the latest restaurants has grown to 4440 units to produce a full production run, but the output from a single "Truck" takes approximately 37 days to make and deliver that much chicken ... (it was bad when the requirements from the Taco Restaurant were 1440, but it is ridiculous now) ... Yeast takes 300 units to make a full production run in the Brewery ... but it takes the "Truck" 5 days to make that much yeast ... so if you put out a full compliment of Brewery products you can't use that facility for another 5 days ...

The Bee Farm takes about 10 days to produce enough jars of honey to meet the requirements of 1410 for full production and Beeswax (a new product) takes 4 1/2 days ...

Fish Farming Plant requirements are also ridiculous ... Shrimp requires 600 units which takes 18.75 days to produce ...

Since we paid Farm Cash (Real Money) for these facilities and since we pay coins for production, and fuel in the case of the "Truck" output something needs to be done to either increase the production output or speed up the timing ... We should not have to pick and choose what we are going to produce and which of our facilities we are going to have sitting idle for a month at a time ...

I don't have the answer, I put this out to the developers and the other players to come up with a reasonable solution ... otherwise, why purchase more facilities ... My Seafood Restaurant is getting filled with cobwebs and my Pasta Restaurant hasn't made anything "Chicken" since the first week I owned it ...

We increased our "Crop" output by fertilizer and we increased the ability to own and harvest more trees with the Tree Shaker ... purchasing a "Truck" for every farm and 2 or 3 Bee Farms and Fish Farms is not realistic ... in the cost or the design of the farms ... I have purchased a second Truck (begrudgingly) to help alleviate the problems on my farms, but it takes FC away from other tools or facilities ...
agreed.... except for the red

I use gifts to help the chicken needs and at even up to 100 gifts daily, it is rough to keep up that way.

I did buy multiple semi for each set of farms because of the need for yeast, then chicken and meat. But 4 semi trucks cost a LOT. However, I do not want, need, nor desire many of the facilities offered. So I concentrate on the restaurants and the wineries.... nothing beat good food and drink

I only use the beefarm for the brewery, so I have LOTS of honey jars that I would sell if I could... same for the beeswax. And I actually have about 3000 yeast at each farm now for sale.... except I can't sell them to another farmer like yourself.

However I don't agree that we should not "pick and choose".

My opinion is that the devs have offered so many choices.... so we can make choices.

I prefer to have each of 7 (14) farms look like a farm as best I can. Not a cluster of trees on top of buildings on top of crop patches.

Now that my wife does not play as often, I plant her 6 farms with all onions. It can supply all my needs without me planting any onions..... 1000 twice a day to each set of farms if I want...... But I realize that is not available to everyone.......

unless.......

[1] you get a family member to join facebook.....
[2] you get them onto Farm Town
[3] they start a farm, buy the manure spreader and maybe the 4x4 harvester and plower

and

[4] then give you access to the planting and harvesting.... no facilities or other "toys" and "stuff".... thus becoming your "feeder" farm.

Original Set of Farms
Ache-n-back Acres
Ranchito Knotso Grande
Coast-aplenty Plantation
More Wine, Less Whine
Plantopia
Fattoria Sesto
YoursTillTheOne

Had to build a second set too....lol
Weed-em N-Reap Acres
Garden of Weed’n
Dave’s Ja Vu
Nopicky-Nomoney
Iowna Lotaland
Ifarmther Fouriam
Settima Città

...... .....
Old Nov 24 2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
agreed.... except for the red

I use gifts to help the chicken needs and at even up to 100 gifts daily, it is rough to keep up that way.

I did buy multiple semi for each set of farms because of the need for yeast, then chicken and meat. But 4 semi trucks cost a LOT. However, I do not want, need, nor desire many of the facilities offered. So I concentrate on the restaurants and the wineries.... nothing beat good food and drink

I only use the beefarm for the brewery, so I have LOTS of honey jars that I would sell if I could... same for the beeswax. And I actually have about 3000 yeast at each farm now for sale.... except I can't sell them to another farmer like yourself.

However I don't agree that we should not "pick and choose".

My opinion is that the devs have offered so many choices.... so we can make choices.

I prefer to have each of 7 (14) farms look like a farm as best I can. Not a cluster of trees on top of buildings on top of crop patches.

Now that my wife does not play as often, I plant her 6 farms with all onions. It can supply all my needs without me planting any onions..... 1000 twice a day to each set of farms if I want...... But I realize that is not available to everyone.......

unless.......

[1] you get a family member to join facebook.....
[2] you get them onto Farm Town
[3] they start a farm, buy the manure spreader and maybe the 4x4 harvester and plower

and

[4] then give you access to the planting and harvesting.... no facilities or other "toys" and "stuff".... thus becoming your "feeder" farm.

Original Set of Farms
Ache-n-back Acres
Ranchito Knotso Grande
Coast-aplenty Plantation
More Wine, Less Whine
Plantopia
Fattoria Sesto
YoursTillTheOne

Weed-em N-Reap Acres
Garden of Weed’n
Dave’s Ja Vu
Nopicky-Nomoney
Iowna Lotaland
Ifarmther Fouriam
Settima Città

...... .....
Just a question Please if I may..I notice you say that you have brought a number of the semi-trailer-trucks...Can you now keep your Brewery maxed out each day? I only ask, because I'm weighing up my next options
By the way..I love the names of your Farms lol

I am not a forum Moderator, but happy to assist when I can

Toffee Farm

Old Nov 24 2010, 12:57 PM

Default Cannot use my 3x3 harvester on other people's farms

I was harvesting for someone else and couldnt use my 3x3 harvester. There was a grayed out icon for the 4x4 harvester, which I don't own, but there was no icons for the 3x3 and 2x2 which I do own. Do we have to have a 4x4 harvester or something? what am i missing?

And yes, I do have my harvesters in the storage area.
Old Nov 24 2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aces1202 View Post
I was harvesting for someone else and couldnt use my 3x3 harvester. There was a grayed out icon for the 4x4 harvester, which I don't own, but there was no icons for the 3x3 and 2x2 which I do own. Do we have to have a 4x4 harvester or something? what am i missing?

And yes, I do have my harvesters in the storage area.
only the 4x4 and other farmcash tools can be used on other farms
Old Nov 24 2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Mags View Post
Just a question Please if I may..I notice you say that you have brought a number of the semi-trailer-trucks...Can you now keep your Brewery maxed out each day? I only ask, because I'm weighing up my next options
By the way..I love the names of your Farms lol
Yes I can ..... IF..... I have the peaches harvested, and enough rice.... which I usually do.

A while back I was maxing it in the morning and again at night.... but with 14 to manage, I am back to daily, and sometimes one set one day, and the other set the next.

Not because I am getting tired of the game..... no way... but because I am actually enjoying it more and take some time to re-arrange or buy new stuff etc.

And now with the 4x4, I actually enjoy looking for work at the market place.... ..... go figure.

a.d.d.i.c.t.i.o.n......

Original Set of Farms
Ache-n-back Acres
Ranchito Knotso Grande
Coast-aplenty Plantation
More Wine, Less Whine
Plantopia
Fattoria Sesto
YoursTillTheOne

Weed-em N-Reap Acres
Garden of Weed’n
Dave’s Ja Vu
Nopicky-Nomoney
Iowna Lotaland
Ifarmther Fouriam
Settima Città

Old Nov 24 2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
Yes I can ..... IF..... I have the peaches harvested, and enough rice.... which I usually do.

A while back I was maxing it in the morning and again at night.... but with 14 to manage, I am back to daily, and sometimes one set one day, and the other set the next.

Not because I am getting tired of the game..... no way... but because I am actually enjoying it more and take some time to re-arrange or buy new stuff etc.

And now with the 4x4, I actually enjoy looking for work at the market place.... ..... go figure.

a.d.d.i.c.t.i.o.n......

Original Set of Farms
Ache-n-back Acres
Ranchito Knotso Grande
Coast-aplenty Plantation
More Wine, Less Whine
Plantopia
Fattoria Sesto
YoursTillTheOne

Weed-em N-Reap Acres
Garden of Weed’n
Dave’s Ja Vu
Nopicky-Nomoney
Iowna Lotaland
Ifarmther Fouriam
Settima Città

Thanks very much that's really helpful...

I am not a forum Moderator, but happy to assist when I can

Toffee Farm

Closed Thread