Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Dec 29 2010, 09:02 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simera View Post
I posted this one earlier today, possibly in the wrong thread, (as it was "drowning" in players' messages about only half farms showing up, when checking in) I'm trying this thread instead;
"Now, let me get this completely right (I know, playing as long as I have, I should already know this.)

Ok, so when I have someone harvesting my crops and trees, I will have an increase in the amount of harvested goodies.
But when it's harvested by someone, and I use harvested goodies in the facilities, the amount of harvested goodies isn't increased??

Am I right here? In case I am,. . . there is no advantage of getting others to harvest things used in my facilities ??(other than they will earn coins and xp's)
Just want to have this clear, as I help several people to level up and earn coins.
I don't want to give them wrong information.

Thank you for any answers.

Regards
Simera "

Thanks again. Regards Simera
Hello there,

If you harvest 10 fields of wheat, you get 10 boxes of wheat.
If someone else harvests them for you, you still only get 10 boxes, but they will be large boxes.

Advantages to you if you hire someone to harvest...
It saves on fuel, if you normally use a large tool to harvest.
It also earns you more money if you chose to sell them instead of putting them into a facility.

The only time the quantity of boxes changes is if the fields are fertilised, which gives you 50% more. So 10 fields of fertilised wheat will give you 15 boxes, regardless of who harvested them.

Facilities use any size of box. They only look at the quantity of boxes required, not the size. You will not get more product for using a large box.

Hope that helps
Old Dec 29 2010, 11:07 PM
Account Not Linked

Generally, when I see people begging and spamming the chatbox, they get a quick tap on ignore for their trouble. I don't put up with it.
There is, however, a difference between begging and asking for a specific job. I see no problem with sitting in the marketplace saying you want to plow, or harvest, or whatever. Being TOO specific, like saying 'I only harvest pineapples' just sounds dumb to me. It also earns an ignore if I'm in the mood.

As for the hiring to plow thing... I CAN'T hire people to plow. Not enough neighbours; nobody else on my flist wants to play, and I don't add random people. No biggie; I just do it myself. If anyone asks about wanting to plow, they're either politely rebuffed with 'sorry, I don't have enough neighbours', and offered a job chopping instead. Nobody's been rude about it yet.

I don't stick around waiting for people to finish; why should I? Most crops now go straight into my facilities, so if I'm hiring someone from the marketplace, I'm hiring someone to save time and fuel. I reserve the right to check other tabs, chat in IRC, and suchlike when someone's harvesting. I tend to check back every so often to see if they're nearly done, and offer them a job doing something else when they're done, though. Saves hiring someone else, and they sometimes even want to fish, which is REALLY hard to find in the marketplace.
(Of course, I can't blame anyone for that. There's a reason I hire people to do it for me.)

Now, I DO expect people to FINISH a job, without constant supervision. I don't want to have to hire someone else; it's a pain using the marketplace. It's crowded, it lags, I get bombarded with hire requests, and sometimes I can't even say anything until I leave and return.
Of course, I don't tend to hire two or more people for a single job, but I sometimes spam the farm with workers doing different jobs; maybe someone harvesting while the trees are chopped, and suchlike. I've had the odd issue with someone just leaving the very instant they see someone else on the farm, without a word, without waiting to see if they're harvesting or not. Finding that rude, I usually give them the finger and offer their job to the one I just hired.

Also, a problem is people FOLLOWING ME back to my **** farm, and hanging around waiting to be hired. Like I'm gonna hire trespassers. Just keep standing there, hidden under the trees I put there to hide people like you. I want a 'GIT ORF MOI LAND' button. Cornish accent and everything.
Old Dec 30 2010, 10:16 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpynekomimi View Post
Also, a problem is people FOLLOWING ME back to my **** farm, and hanging around waiting to be hired. Like I'm gonna hire trespassers. Just keep standing there, hidden under the trees I put there to hide people like you. I want a 'GIT ORF MOI LAND' button. Cornish accent and everything.
Just put the person on ignore then you wont even see them. I was once hired to harvest a farm when I noticed another worker. Well I have the 4x4 so I harvested just half the farm left him the rest. I'm glad I didn't leave right away because the other worker just stood there. I thought fine and finished the harvesting. After I was finished this person had the nerve to ask if he could plow. I was hired to plow and he wasn't. He said something rude then left. Apparently he was someone who just followed the farmer back to her farm in the hopes of getting hired. Hey if they didn't hire you in the market place why do people think they would on their farm.
Old Dec 30 2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpynekomimi View Post

please keep in mind there is a glitch that causes "GHosts" To return to your farm with you no one is really there just the avatar somehow due to the glitch reload and they wont be there anymore. its not a real person following you if they are silently standing there and not moving
Old Dec 30 2010, 01:11 PM

If you don't see the chatbox they are ghosts and don't even know they are there
Old Dec 30 2010, 02:14 PM

Thanks Farmslave and Tiger L!
Right as I thought. You see many of my neighbours are waiting for a neighbour to "come around" to harvest for them, as they think as I explained in my post.

Great to have the Forum, guys. Thanks a lot, . . . once more.

Regards
Simera
Old Dec 30 2010, 05:24 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post

The only time the quantity of boxes changes is if the fields are fertilised, which gives you 50% more. So 10 fields of fertilised wheat will give you 15 boxes, regardless of who harvested them.

If your crops are fertilized you get double the amount of crops not 50% more. So 10 fields of fertilized wheat will give you 20 boxed of wheat, regardless of who harvested them.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Dec 30 2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post

If your crops are fertilized you get double the amount of crops not 50% more. So 10 fields of fertilized wheat will give you 20 boxed of wheat, regardless of who harvested them.
Thanks Jaso.

Yeah, that's what I figured out, too. LOL Thanks for correcting that one! LOL
Old Jan 02 2011, 01:22 PM

Angry Le me fire a worker

I am getting frustrated not being able to fire a worker.
I just had someone take 20 minutes to harvest six rows of raspberries. But, I can't fire them. Why not?
I know this is a game, I've been playing since August 2009, but this is getting out of hand. I could have harvested, plowed and planted in the time it took him to harvest.
Give me a fire option.
Old Jan 02 2011, 07:06 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default maybe a silly question about hiring to work in my facility

how do I do it? have looked and looked .. thanks

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20