Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jan 07 2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gj's farm View Post
What is the point of complaining about how many people are being hired on one farm? I have been hired many times and the others have told me to leave. My reply is always the same, If the person hired you, they also hired me so do your job or leave. The employer knows their own fields and they also have time limits, if they needed it done slower they would only hire one person in the first place.
actually with the 4x4 tools its faster to hire one person who has that tool then 10 people arguing and fighting for work..
Old Jan 10 2011, 02:17 PM
Account Not Linked

Default New here...

hi
i hope i enjoy my stay here
Old Jan 10 2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtest View Post
hi
i hope i enjoy my stay here
Welcome! I'm hoping that you will enjoy, too!

Regards
Simera
Old Jan 10 2011, 05:03 PM
Account Not Linked

Question How do you handle un co-operative or insubordinate workers?

Hi all... how do you handle workers on your farm who refuse to do the job they were hired for? (when they accepted that job in the first place?) I hired someone from the MP (I know.. my first mistake..LOL) to harvest crops and trees. She gets to my farm and does the crops. Then she starts in.... PLOW..PLOW..PLOW. On and on.

I said, remember the trees. (thinking she may have had them turned off) No dice. She just kept it up. PLOW..PLOW..PLOW. Sheesh...

So I said, as soon as you do the trees, you may plow.

Her: Oh, I don't do trees. Just harvest and plow.

Me: So you won't do the trees?

Her: Nope. Plow NOW.

OK. So I switch into my robot mode: Thank You for working! Bye for now! Repeat as necessary...

So now she's mad. She starts in: When you hired me, you said I could do harvesting AND plowing. PLOW NOW. (Persistent little thing, eh?)

Me: Yep. And when I hired you to harvest CROPS AND TREES, you accepted. So thanks for working and have a nice day!!

She eventually buggered off and I went on with my day. Too funny.... I swear, 99 out of 100 people are fabulous workers, but there's always that one.... And I gotta tell ya, there ain't no way I'll let someone start bullying me around, even if it IS just some fake virtual farm. LOL

So tell me: How do YOU handle workers who try to tell you what they will and won't do, once you've hired them??
Old Jan 10 2011, 05:38 PM

hehe, i love people like this. i usually just end up leaving and going back to the marketplace and hiring a new person to plow, or go to another farm and work there and ignore them when they start down that road. It's rude and they should be glad for the job they were offered. I also love it when u hire someone to harvest and plow and they get there and are like, I never said i would harvest raspberries! I'll plow after someone else harvests them.... UH, NO. LOL.
Old Jan 10 2011, 05:52 PM

Don't forget that handy ignore button. Then they are out of sight and out of mind.
Old Jan 10 2011, 07:09 PM

Yep... my favourite control in the whole game: the ignore. Handy with spammers in the marketplace, and crucial when things get out of hand on your farm. You might not be able to fire somebody after you've taken the punt of hiring them, but never having to deal with them again's the next best thing.

Use it earlier, rather than later... it's best not to be dragged into a s#!%-fight. Once things get out of hand, there is no winner in an argument like that; everyone loses.

Farming since May 24, 2009.
Old Jan 10 2011, 07:10 PM

Does the person know they've been ignored?

Visit my farm!
The Rainbow Connection
Old Jan 10 2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy pants View Post
Does the person know they've been ignored?
No... which makes it even more fun.

Farming since May 24, 2009.
Old Jan 10 2011, 08:23 PM

So, theoretically, they could be still standing on your farm screaming obscenities at you at the top of their lungs, and you wouldn't be able to see or hear them, but they wouldn't know it? Wow, the ultimate in ignoring someone. Oh how I wish it worked like that in real life.

Visit my farm!
The Rainbow Connection