Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jan 24 2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherdi the sower View Post
AAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! Yet another thread turned into a complaint-fest. Where in the world is the suggestion thread for actually improving the hiring process???
seeing as you are in general feedback and not suggestions you wont find that thread here
Old Jan 24 2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoopsidaisy View Post
I went to the hire market today and clicked on 7 people (one at a time, since I only hire solo) who said they wanted work. They all refused to harvest, they wanted to plow only. Crops have to be harvested before the ground can be plowed. Since I didn't feel like begging people to make money I went and did it myself, like always. If they won't harvest they don't get to plow. I can't understand why I even bother going there anymore. My grandsons farm where I was trying to hire people to work was all rhubarb, 3 farms of it and no one wanted it. Yet these same people are probably complaining they don't get any work because of the 4x4's. On my grand daughters farm, same thing. No one would do the flowers on farm one and two people I hired (one at a time) left. Farm 2 and 3 were rhubarb but they didn't wait around to see. As far as I am concerned hiring players without a 4x4 tool is a joke, they don't really want to work and the ones with the tools are grabbed up so fast you can't get them. It's just faster to do all of it myself and avoid that market altogether.
I don't go to the market very often these days, but when I do, I take all offers without any complaint whatsoever and never, ever leave a farm until it is finished. However, I do find that quite a lot of people play the hiring game by hiring someone who finds a million flowers to be done, and leaves out of sheer frustration, never knowing what is on the other farms as the PRIZE for doing the flowers.

Heads up to Whoopsidaisy - I am also often hired by people who allow me to do the 'prized' fields first and then, on finding that I am a willing fast worker, ask me very nicely if I am willing to do their million flowers at the end of the job. My answer to them is always YES !!!

Old Jan 24 2011, 07:02 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoopsidaisy View Post
I went to the hire market today and clicked on 7 people (one at a time, since I only hire solo) who said they wanted work. They all refused to harvest, they wanted to plow only. Crops have to be harvested before the ground can be plowed. Since I didn't feel like begging people to make money I went and did it myself, like always. If they won't harvest they don't get to plow. I can't understand why I even bother going there anymore. My grandsons farm where I was trying to hire people to work was all rhubarb, 3 farms of it and no one wanted it. Yet these same people are probably complaining they don't get any work because of the 4x4's. On my grand daughters farm, same thing. No one would do the flowers on farm one and two people I hired (one at a time) left. Farm 2 and 3 were rhubarb but they didn't wait around to see. As far as I am concerned hiring players without a 4x4 tool is a joke, they don't really want to work and the ones with the tools are grabbed up so fast you can't get them. It's just faster to do all of it myself and avoid that market altogether.

I wish I had been on earlier, I love it when I get hired to harvest rhubarb. Really make lots of coins. I once did 3 farms of overlapping rhubarb.
Old Jan 25 2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
I don't go to the market very often these days, but when I do, I take all offers without any complaint whatsoever and never, ever leave a farm until it is finished. However, I do find that quite a lot of people play the hiring game by hiring someone who finds a million flowers to be done, and leaves out of sheer frustration, never knowing what is on the other farms as the PRIZE for doing the flowers.

Heads up to Whoopsidaisy - I am also often hired by people who allow me to do the 'prized' fields first and then, on finding that I am a willing fast worker, ask me very nicely if I am willing to do their million flowers at the end of the job. My answer to them is always YES !!!
I always make it clear they can harvest as many or as few flowers as they wish, just let me know when they are done and I will send them to the next farm. These people just quit, didn't bother to tell me and I had no chance to hire them for the next farm. Doing flowers one at a time is a pain as I well know but if they do the better crops first they leave when they get to the flowers anyway so it's catch 22. If they are hired to do flowers they should not be surprised when they find some. Very few workers are as willing as you seem to be and that is the problem. They whine but they don't really want to work.

Personally I think a solution would be to allow people to come and harvest when you have a harvestable crop. They still wouldn't do the flowers though, as one quitter told me it wasn't worth his time. Like fishing, it doesn't pay enough to bother with.
Old Jan 25 2011, 03:03 PM

Whoops...we should be neighbors.

i have a flower harvester and i'm not afraid to use it...
Old Jan 25 2011, 06:29 PM
Account Not Linked

I've got the flower harvester too and now I don't mind harvesting flowers.
Old Jan 26 2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig View Post
Whoops...we should be neighbors.

i have a flower harvester and i'm not afraid to use it...
Thanks Sig and Snow Angel I talked to Tanni after dinner tonight and she said Thank you both very much but she's dumping flowers, lol. I have a flower harvester too but since we are all on the same computer I can't harvest hers. She has been growing crops and selling in the market place I think she may just expand on that. Wheat sells much better then forget me nots anyway.
Old Feb 01 2011, 10:12 AM

Default Complaint About Not Being Hired To Plow After Using My Fuel To Harvest

Hi Friends,

I am a 4x4 plower and harvester. When I go to market I always ask to harvest then plow please, yet people consistently use me to harvest then hire someone else to plow.

I have composed a nice text file which I send to people who do this. It says the following:

It is common courtesy if someone harvests for you and they use THEIR fuel you let them plow. In the future do not hire me to harvest for you unless you plan to let me plow.

In the past couple of days I have had 2 ladies horribly complaint (witch with a capital B) to me when I sent it. Does this message contain any vulgarities? NO it doesnt!!!!

I think people need to stop being so darn self-centered and allow the person who is using their fuel to help them, to plow.

Simple and just the facts.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Happy Farming and Take Care.

Best regards,

Scott Lawrence
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
Old Feb 01 2011, 11:33 AM
Account Not Linked

I see your point and I always try to give the person I hire to harvest, the opportunity to plow if they want. On the other hand, I don't get upset if I harvest for someone and they hire someone else to plow. You *do* get coins and crops in exchange for using your fuel, so you are still benefitting even if you don't get to plow. If you have the oil refinery, your fuel shouldn't be much of an issue anyway. No, your message doesn't contain any vulgarities but I can see where it would be offensive to some players. Taking a harvest job entitles you to coins and crops only, no one is obligated to hire you to plow and it's certainly not their responsiblilty to remember who you are and not hire you again. If you don't want to work for them again there is no reason to send a note like that....just keep track of who didn't hire you to plow and turn down their hire requests in the future.
Old Feb 01 2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lawrence View Post
Hi Friends,

I am a 4x4 plower and harvester. When I go to market I always ask to harvest then plow please, yet people consistently use me to harvest then hire someone else to plow.

I have composed a nice text file which I send to people who do this. It says the following:

It is common courtesy if someone harvests for you and they use THEIR fuel you let them plow. In the future do not hire me to harvest for you unless you plan to let me plow.

In the past couple of days I have had 2 ladies horribly complaint (witch with a capital B) to me when I sent it. Does this message contain any vulgarities? NO it doesnt!!!!

I think people need to stop being so darn self-centered and allow the person who is using their fuel to help them, to plow.

Simple and just the facts.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Happy Farming and Take Care.

Best regards,

Scott Lawrence
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
I fully understand your frustration...it happens a lot to me...I have started accepting only the plow hire request..which is sad really..but as you say..when you have used your fuel to help someone..it would be good if they asked if you wanted to plow before hiring someone else...

I am not a forum Moderator, but happy to assist when I can

Toffee Farm