Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 22 2011, 03:53 PM

I was here before the raspberries and got overloaded with grapes leveling up to the max. Swore I'd never plant another grape as long as I lived. AND THEN they came out with the winery. Tot me to never say 'never' LOL
Old Aug 22 2011, 04:06 PM

Okay folks, how about a little role playing. You got nothing else to do, so here we go:

If I were a Dev (FT) I think I could take all this pressure one of two ways.
1. I love my job, I love these farmers, so I feel real bad with all this pressure to get this update out.
2. I love my job, but these ungrateful, whiney, chatter boxes are getting on my nerves so I think I will just drag my feet for another week or so.

Now for realism: FACTS
1. We have had 17 updates since August 2010.
2. The least amount of days between updates was 15 and the most was 29. We are now sitting at 25 since our last. Still within established limits.
3. Updates have come on Mondays (1), Tuesdays (3), Wednesdays (1), Thursdays (4), and Fridays (8). Never on Saturday or Sunday. *** All dates and times are CST ***
4. The earliest time an update was released was 6:07PM and the latest was 4:34AM.

With all this, you can surmise that according to history that the best days to look for our next upgrade is Thursday or Friday somewhere around 9:15PM. It will not be officially late until next Monday Aug. 29. Then you may start biting your nails. ))))

All in fun, FarmTown is the greatest.
Old Aug 22 2011, 04:11 PM
Account Not Linked

Aaahhhh, the memories! I, too, worked so hard for the mansion.....then never bought it! FT started in Feb and I began playing in May, so I was in fairly early, before raspberries. Planted lots of grapes and set a timer so I wouldn't forget them. Made a spreadsheet to find out where the most money could be earned. Finally got sort of tired of it and played only occasionally for a while.....then came the big changes.....factories, milk, eggs, etc!!! And now, I have no life outside of the farm.....and, yes, I did join the FTAA, but I don't have time to attend all those meetings!!!! I have farm work to do.....and I think I might soon have an opportunity to buy another little piece of land right next to my spread.....rumor has it guy who owns it may sell......I keep checking with the real estate guy....but the owner apparently hasn't made up his mind yet....wish he'd come on and just do it!
Old Aug 22 2011, 04:25 PM
Account Not Linked

YES!!!!! I remember my spreadsheet to see which crop brought in the best return on its investment, based on selling price minus purchase price divided by the number of hours it took to be ready. Then I decided that I was getting coins working my sister's facilities and the important thing was xp, so it was raspberries and grapes! If only I'd kept them all instead of selling them.

Do you remember how exciting it was to earm 200,000 coins by working in someone's facilities? Now people earn millions when they go through mine. And remember how exciting when we finally had a million coins? Now we talk in billions.
Old Aug 22 2011, 04:30 PM

Thanks for that clarification, I wasnt sure if it was 34 or 35. I kept that mansion, as a memory of where I have been, but I gave it to my cats, I have a pink one for me! Lol And then they moved the mansion from lvl 34 to 41 in that first expansion.
Old Aug 22 2011, 04:52 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
I called mine Raspberry Manor
I refused to buy the ugly mansion I didn't care that it was the top level prize I was not putting that ugly thing on my farm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdaddie View Post
Now for realism: FACTS
1. We have had 17 updates since August 2010.
2. The least amount of days between updates was 15 and the most was 29. We are now sitting at 25 since our last. Still within established limits.

The only little issue I see with this part of your post is this: The developers are in Miami and depending on the path Hurricane Irene takes it could make land fall near Miami on Thursday. While I want farm 11 now it is not at the risk of the developers. I am afraid that at the very lest power outages or the potential of power outages might delay the update till next week. That way if something went wrong they could be online to fix the problems.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Aug 22 2011, 04:57 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffycat View Post
Thanks for that clarification, I wasnt sure if it was 34 or 35. I kept that mansion, as a memory of where I have been, but I gave it to my cats, I have a pink one for me! Lol And then they moved the mansion from lvl 34 to 41 in that first expansion.
What they did there was redo the xps needed to reach the last few levels. While the mansion is now at level 41 it still takes 150,000 xps to get there. Man just typing that makes me feel odd. I remember when 150,000 xps seemed impossible I now have 12 million xps. If someone told me 2 years ago I would have 12 million xps I would have said they where crazy I will never have that many.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Aug 22 2011, 05:06 PM

[Standing up raising hand] Hi my name is Doc and I am a (clearing throat) a Farmtownaholic. I have been a farming addict since December of 2009. I was looking back in some of the old posting of the upgrades. Where as there were some upgrades Dec, Jan, & Feb, they were mostly functional updates and gifts and the first animal barns. We didn't get new levels until March when farm 3 was released. To be honest looking back through these postings there were a lot more than what it seemed like at the time. I hit level 60 quite quickly and got bored so started another identity and got it to level 60 before new levels to 80. Kept them both going till farm 8 was released and then trying to keep 16 farms and work a full time job got to be to much especially since most of the fields were layered. I too remember saving to buy the red mansion. Thinking that spending million coins on was just unreal. Now I don't even miss a million coins as I make that much off of working 1 of my neighbors facilities... I do need farm 11 to feed my addiction. Please bring it on this week I am home on vacation all week and bored and need something new to do...
Old Aug 22 2011, 05:35 PM

When the bean counters discovered that people would pay $$$$ for things that's when the upgrades started coming thick and fast. So now that you have our attention please continue drip feeding the "drugs" before we go cold turkey!
Old Aug 22 2011, 05:42 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
Thanks Jas, I actually ran back to the beginning of my forum days, and the early ones are not there anymore. Maybe the Mayor and Poor Tom from the the market pleaded for our threats to be taken down

My daughter in law began to play very early and bombarded me with gifts every chance she got until I gave in and clicked on Farm Town to see what she was on about. I've been addicted ever since
it was one of my very dear friends who got me into farm town. at the time i rarely even used facebook because it was so slow to load and because back then i was only on dial-up.

but she ranted and raved on a local site we both hung out on and practically dragged me over to facebook and farm town by my virtual ear - and the rest as we say ... is history.

now she doesn't even play. she only "just" beat me to level 34 which was the highest level at the time and despite having weeks of play on me ... and then when she got there she said it's too addictive and left me hanging with this mad-arse addiction!
Closed Thread