Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 28 2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
LOL - I've said before Farm Town could well be an evil social experiment.

Maybe we could make a Farm Town jigsaw with about 4000 pieces to keep everyone occupied and out of mischief while waiting.
Hmmm, yeah - a jigsaw would be super fun! I'll play!

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Aug 28 2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara3 View Post
I don't want to quit but as you can only get F/cash with a credit card I am not happy I always made sure there was enough cash in my pay pal a/c for what I wanted to purchase but I now have to use a credit card there for F/T At the age of 70 I do not use a credit card & will not get one just so that I can use it for Farm Cash hence I may consider Quitting if F/T can not work something out & am most upset that Farm Town has not considered people like who have used farm cash & had bought every farm cash item till they changed to use credit cards
u can still purchase FC using your paypal - which can be linked up to a number of different payment types, not just credit cards, just as it was before

Obsessive compulsive farming disorder: it is no joke!!!!!

Level 385- with 16th Farm and all size upgrades - farming since June '09

Are We there Yet???

WISH LIST: - TO HIRE SOMEONE TO PLANT MY FIELDS - from a pre selected list of seeds for each farm!!!

Old Aug 28 2011, 08:42 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Raul said farm 11 would be out in the next release if they wait 3 months for the next release there will be no one left playing the game. You can guess that farm 12 will be the last farm and you might be right but a lot of people guessed that farm 9 would be it and it wasn't.

The issue that flash player caused was fixed by the developers a few days after the issue happened. The issue with flash was fixed almost 2 weeks ago. While that may have delayed the release a few days I doubt that is the reason it is taking so long to get this release. Unless the release contains something new that is not like anything we have now it shouldn't take that long to get together. The coding for the facilities should be basically the same the only thing different is the graphics, and the products, so adding a new facility shouldn't be that hard. The basic coding is done already they just have to add the new stuff. This is the same with the start all tools they have the basic coding done they just change the coding to fit the next set of facilities for that tool, but they don't have to write the coding for that tool from scratch. Bottom line is I don't know why this update is taking so long but I doubt it has anything to do with flash player.
Where in heaven's name does anyone get the idea that updates are"due" or "overdue"? It's ridiculous. Quit because of something that doesn't happen fast enough? That falls under the category of what my mother called "biting off your nose to spite your face". Do you honestly think they care if anyone quits? There are always others to take your place. Just enjoy the game and remember that even though we spend FarmCash to get what we want, it's still a free game and can be played for absolutely nothing. It's not their bread and butter - PLEASE stop acting like it's ours! IT'S. A. GAME. And they owe us NOTHING, not updates, and not information about updates.
Old Aug 28 2011, 08:44 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
I don't want to quit but as you can only get F/cash with a credit card I am not happy I always made sure there was enough cash in my pay pal a/c for what I wanted to purchase but I now have to use a credit card there for F/T At the age of 70 I do not use a credit card & will not get one just so that I can use it for Farm Cash hence I may consider Quitting if F/T can not work something out & am most upset that Farm Town has not considered people like who have used farm cash & had bought every farm cash item till they changed to use credit cards
You don't need to use a credit card. Go to Target or Walmart and buy a Facebook gift card, and use that to get the Facebook credits.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 28 2011, 08:48 PM

I think the devs need to stop teasing us with future updates. The only reason we have made this such a huge thread is because they told us what was going to happen, so somehow some people expect it sooner. Back in the day, I never expected updates, they were just a pleasant surprise. Relax people, remember why you play, and have fun!!!
Old Aug 28 2011, 09:00 PM

Default A Little Patience, Please!

Here's your next FTAA member, Taz!! They're starting younger and younger, but he looks like he's willing to wait for the devs to release whatever they have when they're ready. He's a good example for all of us.

But then again, he's got years and years ahead of him, unlike some of us!

Farm? Not Here!!
~ Gateway to My Agricultural Empire ~

Farming Since 26 September 2009
Level 1175 & Rising

Am I addicted to Farm Town?
Old Aug 28 2011, 09:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautysmom View Post
If you play in Chrome, the issue with FlashPlayer hasn't been fixed at all. I went to Firefox, and downloaded the beta version of the next FP to fix it there.... As far as I know, the devs didn't do any fixes that related to the bad FlashPlayer release.... Still ugly in Chrome....

That said, to the DEVS! UNCLE, UNCLE, UNCLE! Please give us Farm 11 and the next set of levels! I'm ready with 9 billion coins, a warehouse crammed, and OT on the paycheck that means I can splurge a little! And please explain to FB that the "new and improved" FB they forced me to take is disgusting for gamers!
My Chrome works just fine with the current release of Flash. The developers did fix the vertical text problem with it. There are still a couple things that they need to fix, but they are minor.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 28 2011, 09:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I don't use credit cards either, but I do have a debit card that is also a Visa Check card (credit card with direct withdrawal from account). I have that added in my Paypal as a secondary source for my Paypal. Do not have any problems with using Paypal to buy FB credits - Farm Cash. You can also get Facebook cards at several different store and not use Paypal.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 28 2011, 09:16 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautysmom View Post
If you play in Chrome, the issue with FlashPlayer hasn't been fixed at all. I went to Firefox, and downloaded the beta version of the next FP to fix it there.... As far as I know, the devs didn't do any fixes that related to the bad FlashPlayer release.... Still ugly in Chrome....

That said, to the DEVS! UNCLE, UNCLE, UNCLE! Please give us Farm 11 and the next set of levels! I'm ready with 9 billion coins, a warehouse crammed, and OT on the paycheck that means I can splurge a little! And please explain to FB that the "new and improved" FB they forced me to take is disgusting for gamers!
The mods have said the developers put a fix in for the flash player issue so they did do something to fix it and it was done almost 2 weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayGee View Post
Where in heaven's name does anyone get the idea that updates are"due" or "overdue"? It's ridiculous. Quit because of something that doesn't happen fast enough? That falls under the category of what my mother called "biting off your nose to spite your face". Do you honestly think they care if anyone quits? There are always others to take your place. Just enjoy the game and remember that even though we spend FarmCash to get what we want, it's still a free game and can be played for absolutely nothing. It's not their bread and butter - PLEASE stop acting like it's ours! IT'S. A. GAME. And they owe us NOTHING, not updates, and not information about updates.
When people have reached the top level in a game and there is weeks or months between anything new being put in the game they get bored and move on. People get sick of doing the same thing over and over again that is why all games on fb are always adding new stuff to the game. As far as the developers not caring about people leaving the game, people leaving takes money out of their pockets so they better care. You say that there are others that will take our place if we leave that is not true. At the height of the game there was about 20 million people playing the game, now there is only 1.5 million people playing the game people are leaving and no one else is taking their place. The developers can't afford to lose vary many more players and keep the game running. People buying farm cash puts money into the developers pockets. For every facebook credit people spend on farm cash the developers get 7 cents and that doesn't include the money they get from the ads. The games on fb make the developers a lot of money, I don't know if it is their bread and butter but I would bet it is. The game is not free for the people that have paid money to play the game and people can say what they want but to play this game to the fullest you have to spend money on the game or do offers to get the fc. The so called free part of the game is getting more and more restricted because of the coin facilities that need something from a cash facility and the high price of land. The only people that are making billions of coins are the ones that have all the facilities the ones that only have the coin facilities are not making as many coins. This is a business for the developers not a game if you want to keep your customers happy you do two things keep them informed on what is going on and give them what they want in a timely manner. While the updates usually happen in a timely manner the developers have missed the mark big time on the communication part of the business.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Aug 28 2011, 09:18 PM

Ya know Buffycats right.....It's a game, a free game, unless you decide to spend real money on it. I have been critical of the time between updates and as one post puts it I have been a slime thanking the Devs when we do get an update.

But I do appreciate the game and all the Devs and Mods do! I think the frustration I feel over the time between updates is my own internal hoping for something unseen. (like my Grand kids before Christmas).
I have 10 farms 6 million XP, 2.4 billion coins,( paltry by some of my friends totals) and the ability to purchase Farmcash (subject to my wife's complaining about spending money to buy pixtels) .

There are a lot of options to play this game even if we never get farm 11 (hope that doesn't happen)

I think we all need to be patient with the Raul and Devs. we expect a lot from them.

I enjoy the game the clever comments on this thread. And plan to redo a couple of my farms that really need it.

Thanks you Raul, Devs and Mods.

Fritz
Closed Thread