Closed Thread

Old Sep 26 2011, 09:48 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Angry red sprinkler problem unaddressed

[quote=Raul;4856606]See Known Issues and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at Sep 25, 2:50PM EST.

Ok..since I can't find a place to post this and since the search was unhelpful, I am posting this here. Another problem with the red sprinkler is this: If I am going from farm to farm to work, and I have just watered the last farm....and I forget that I still have the red sprinkler in use....when I go to the next UNPLANTED farm, the minute I click in the farm, of course I water the farm. So then after I plant the farm....I am unable to rewater it for another 19 hours and that crop doubling is lost to me. I personally spend a lot of money on this game, and that sprinkler should not be a liability to me in any way. And yet..it is quite often a liability. There is no reason that this sprinkler should not water the WHOLE FARM for 19 hours and work the same way the manure spreader works. That way if I forget that I am carrying it from farm to farm, and I sprinkle the next farm inadvertently, it will not be a problem. Thank you for listening.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 26 2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota P View Post
Having this same issue, does this have anything to do with these new updates? I looked under known glitches and did not see a thread for it. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this topic?
Hi Try the following

1. Update your flash player by visiting www.adobe.com
2. clear all temporary internet files

if those fail try a different browser or computer.

Hope this helps

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Old Sep 26 2011, 09:54 AM

[quote=spurz;4864166]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
See Known Issues and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at Sep 25, 2:50PM EST.

Ok..since I can't find a place to post this and since the search was unhelpful, I am posting this here. Another problem with the red sprinkler is this: If I am going from farm to farm to work, and I have just watered the last farm....and I forget that I still have the red sprinkler in use....when I go to the next UNPLANTED farm, the minute I click in the farm, of course I water the farm. So then after I plant the farm....I am unable to rewater it for another 19 hours and that crop doubling is lost to me. I personally spend a lot of money on this game, and that sprinkler should not be a liability to me in any way. And yet..it is quite often a liability. There is no reason that this sprinkler should not water the WHOLE FARM for 19 hours and work the same way the manure spreader works. That way if I forget that I am carrying it from farm to farm, and I sprinkle the next farm inadvertently, it will not be a problem. Thank you for listening.
Hi

The sprinkler system is being reworked.

the new red sprinkler works in the same way as the original sprinkler works as in works once per day.

one way it could work is if they make it like the other tools and it disconnects once you leave a farm.

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Old Sep 26 2011, 10:01 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

[quote=al_bundy;4864174]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurz View Post

Hi

The sprinkler system is being reworked.

the new red sprinkler works in the same way as the original sprinkler works as in works once per day.

one way it could work is if they make it like the other tools and it disconnects once you leave a farm.

Well....that would work, too. Anything that would make it so that carrying it from farm to farm is not possible, or is not a liability if you do carry it around. I know it's being reworked...I just had not seen any posts addressing that particular aspect of its problems. Right now that machine is a bit of an annoyance. If I want to water flowers, most often if I do not want to interfere with crop growth, I have to use the watering can. It's usefulness at the moment is extremely limited, so I hope that they soon come up with some reworks for it that address all its issues. Thanks for the reply.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 26 2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post
lots and lots of facilities and many hours of play
yeah probably, but....BUT.....

until just recently with more farms, the time-saving Combine, the Super Pooper, and the Water Sprinkler, I guess you would have to "triple stagger" all the little crop space just to get any crops. And most of the better paying facilities are very recent..... so

perhaps if you work/worked 24/7 the last few months..... hmmmmm
Old Sep 26 2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satis View Post
Thank you very much for this. I'm proud my suggestion was incorporated into the new release. It really does make a difference when you're quickly mousing over a farm to see what's ready.

The Purple Forklift is wonderful. I long for the time when there's a tool to empty the Service Facilities, and one that will load them too. Surely the most tedious job on the farm!

I'd still like my Brown Sprinkler back though!

I kinda think that both those tools will be coming down the road... perhaps in the form of a

T R A I N or an A I R P L A N E ....... to transport the items,

maybe even from farm to farm, neighbor to neighbor.... etc.

Old Sep 26 2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
I kinda think that both those tools (to empty and fill services) will be coming down the road... perhaps in the form of a

T R A I N or an A I R P L A N E ....... to transport the items,

maybe even from farm to farm, neighbor to neighbor.... etc.

A train, please can we have a train that actually runs on rails? I have suggested this already in the suggestions section.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Sep 26 2011, 11:29 AM

I am quite irritated by the flower irrigator now, I often have to water my flowers to undead them so I can harvest them, and then I decide what to plant, but omg i can't irrigate now, stupid flowers, and the increased crop speed is lost to me. Either make it so even an unplanted field is irrigated so that once u plant the time is sped up, or make it so watering flowers by an unplanted field doesn't affect the field at all, so then u could irrigate it once u plant, or seperate the 2 waterers from each other so u can either water or irrigate.

LOVE the new facilities, so pretty! I wasn't even expecting an update.
Old Sep 26 2011, 12:17 PM

Talking Increased Capacities!!! AWESOME!!!

Could NOT figure out what was going on when I was restocking my facilities. Suddenly my oil pumps showed 50 units instead of the 28 I had loaded earlier in the day. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now the supply facilities (the ones that aren't available for our neighbors to speed up) can just about keep up with my needs. I especially appreciate the increased output of shrimp!

To echo someone else's earlier post, could we PLEASE have the brown sprinkler backk?! Sometimes I just want to water my flowers, not speed up the crops -- and I can't do that now -- not unless I want to use the watering can -- and for some of my farms, that's a really tedious process.

Awesome update. Love the new facilities. As usual, the FT devs rock!!!

Farm? Not Here!!
~ Gateway to My Agricultural Empire ~

Farming Since 26 September 2009
Level 1175 & Rising

Am I addicted to Farm Town?
Old Sep 26 2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieGecko View Post
Thanks for the reply Taz and yes I did that. I have noticed on these posts that someone else is having the same problem. Their green lift is missing too. I have checked the storage as you say, checked all the farms yet it's not there. It's in permanent hiding because it still works. It was there one day and gone the next. LOL

I also cleared the cache and did the refreshing stuff routine as well. My farm is linked so I would appreciate help with this mystery so I can get the purple lift installed and up and running asap.
I have the same problem. My forklift works............... I can store my items in the facilities, however I cannot buy the next one because it is LOCKED.
Closed Thread