Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Apr 28 2020, 03:46 PM

Hi all

From Raul notes for the New Release:

Post Release Updates - April 28th, 4:40PM

- Improvements in the Train Manager:

a) Facebook names are now shown correctly when boosting trains inside the Train Manager

b) Pending boost requests inside the Train Manager and in the My Request tab are now kept more in sync, this will minimize the amount of trains in the My Request tab that cannot be boosted. This will keep improving in the next few days.

- Improvements in the Facility Chains Manager:

a) In the Export Screen, neighbours that you cannot export products to for any reason are always shown at the end of the list

b) Added 2 sort options to the Export Screen (By Name and By Neighbour Import Capacity), the latter one is the default sorting, so when you open that screen the neighbours at the top are the ones that you can export the most products to

c) When you Export products to a neighbour the screen does not auto scroll to the top

d) The Export and Import Screen are now rendered a bit faster
Old Apr 28 2020, 08:29 PM

Thanks for the great release! I found the enhancements to the Facility Chain Manager a big help!
Old Apr 29 2020, 03:03 AM

Default Facility Chains Manager

Just wanted to say a HUGE Thank You for the changes to the Facility Chains Manager. I have not used for a long while because it was so slow and also annoying how the page would auto scroll back to top all the time. This is now sorted - I gave it a try and it is Super Fast now. I shall use it now as you have made it easy.

Once again, Thank You
Old Apr 29 2020, 07:36 AM

Thank you so much, the Facility Chains Manager works so much better now ( although I would prefer to be able to import all ). Stay safe everyone.
Old Apr 29 2020, 08:59 AM

Thank$ Raul for the 25 buck$ of Farm Ca$h..... alway$ nice to have $ome thing to $pend
Old Apr 29 2020, 10:19 AM

Improvements in the Facility Chains Manager

finally somethnig is done there too
many people not play any more that because of taking to much time
great !!!

started April 16, 2009.
Old Apr 30 2020, 09:14 AM

The improvements to the Chain Facilities are appreciated, but the speed improvements do not appear to be working for everyone. I pointed them out to a farming friend who is very good about using new features when they appear because she had stopped using the feature. She used the Chain Facilities Manager this morning but said it took her 15 minutes. As a divorced medical administrator with 2 teenage or pre-teen boys that is still a long time for her.

Also, for myself many exported items would appear for one person and I would export but then when going back to the Manager's main screen the facilities in question would still have a green button even though I had sent to everyone listed as eligible to receive. And then a different friend would appear to be ready to receive items and for some facilities I had to go back and send to a 2nd or 3rd or even 4th person instead of all of them appearing the first time! And the 2nd time would not show the 3rd or 4th recipient nor the 3rd time show the 4th.

Still, I appreciate the fact that improvements are made every day that we may not even know about. Chances are Raul and his team are working feverishly to get another platform ready for the game before Adobe officially discontinues support for Flash Player, but more than 1 person is asking that they take a month or so off of offering updates and work on producing an HTML or other platform based game instead of waiting for December. Not me, but my friends are asking why we are still on a platform with security issues.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Apr 30 2020, 11:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
The improvements to the Chain Facilities are appreciated, but the speed improvements do not appear to be working for everyone. I pointed them out to a farming friend who is very good about using new features when they appear because she had stopped using the feature. She used the Chain Facilities Manager this morning but said it took her 15 minutes. As a divorced medical administrator with 2 teenage or pre-teen boys that is still a long time for her.

Also, for myself many exported items would appear for one person and I would export but then when going back to the Manager's main screen the facilities in question would still have a green button even though I had sent to everyone listed as eligible to receive. And then a different friend would appear to be ready to receive items and for some facilities I had to go back and send to a 2nd or 3rd or even 4th person instead of all of them appearing the first time! And the 2nd time would not show the 3rd or 4th recipient nor the 3rd time show the 4th.

Still, I appreciate the fact that improvements are made every day that we may not even know about. Chances are Raul and his team are working feverishly to get another platform ready for the game before Adobe officially discontinues support for Flash Player, but more than 1 person is asking that they take a month or so off of offering updates and work on producing an HTML or other platform based game instead of waiting for December. Not me, but my friends are asking why we are still on a platform with security issues.
Hi Qivis,
Since we don't have a time frame for how long it took that player to do the facility chains prior to the recent change then there is no way to determine if it is working or not. The only thing this change did was to move the ones who could accept export products were moved to the top of the list which prevents having to keep scrolling down to find them.

As far as having to go back in to export to additional neighbors it is possible thay had just imported as you were exporting to others. That is the only way they would show up just after you had finished exporting for that facility chain.

The developers are working on the transferring of the game to html5 as quickly as they can. That is not being worked on by the ones who continue providing the monthly releases, so there is no reason to stop those as they are not slowing down the process of moving the game.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 30 2020, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Qivis,
Since we don't have a time frame for how long it took that player to do the facility chains prior to the recent change then there is no way to determine if it is working or not. The only thing this change did was to move the ones who could accept export products were moved to the top of the list which prevents having to keep scrolling down to find them.

As far as having to go back in to export to additional neighbors it is possible thay had just imported as you were exporting to others. That is the only way they would show up just after you had finished exporting for that facility chain.

The developers are working on the transferring of the game to html5 as quickly as they can. That is not being worked on by the ones who continue providing the monthly releases, so there is no reason to stop those as they are not slowing down the process of moving the game.
The overall speed of the facility chains manager is improved since it no longer seems to require a refresh of the game before it runs at a reasonable speed.

As I have indicated many of my friends do not use the forum and since they know I am disabled ask me to check up on things for them with all the time on my hands. So I will pass the HTML5 information on... and thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.

Last edited by Qivis; Apr 30 2020 at 12:25 PM. Reason: missing the Y from "they"
Old May 01 2020, 12:36 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

thanks for the Mothers Day gifts,
Closed Thread