Old Mar 23 2022, 04:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie Sims View Post
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...a51b5441d63565

This is Carmella Lovett's farm
My farm ID is 1851336503
Hi Debbie Sims,
I moved your post to the thread about display issues.
Are you using a saved bookmark? If so your browser has updated the bookmark to load that farm account. Please do not use a bookmark as those can change. Instead only use the shortcut in theleft column of your Facebook home page or the Play FarmTown button at the top of the forums.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 25 2022, 03:48 AM

Post About neighbor box not showing

After I had run memcached, the neighbors showed up again on azll farms. But now it is back again. Ran memcached, closed the tab and restarted Chrome/ farmtown, no results, neighbor box still not showing. Maybe it helps if I say that this usually occurs (IF it occurs) on my default farm - but not always. Say I am on ythe default farm without neighbors showing, go to another farm, neighbor showing, go back to the default, neighbors not showing.

It is not dependent on which browser I use.

Any insights?
Old Mar 25 2022, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danker View Post
After I had run memcached, the neighbors showed up again on azll farms. But now it is back again. Ran memcached, closed the tab and restarted Chrome/ farmtown, no results, neighbor box still not showing. Maybe it helps if I say that this usually occurs (IF it occurs) on my default farm - but not always. Say I am on ythe default farm without neighbors showing, go to another farm, neighbor showing, go back to the default, neighbors not showing.

It is not dependent on which browser I use.

Any insights?
Hi Danker

I remember that years ago some users had a similar problem with a specific farm but it has been ages since the last one reported this.

You could try the following:
  • Check your browser is up to date and see if you have any pending update for Windows or Mac in case you use it.
  • Check to be sure that 3rd party cookies are still allowed in your browser. If you need instructions please visit the following link:
    http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118
  • Change your default farm to any other and see if you continue having the same problem.
  • If you wish, you could try another browser and see if you get the same problem.

If nothing works for you, then please contact Support team to let them check on this. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you dont find the automatic response then read the following information:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366
Old Mar 25 2022, 01:54 PM

Hello Mary,

I have been able to find out a bit more: this only happens when two farmers are on the same farm. Let's say my super neighbor is on farm 20. I go there, neighbors box doesn't show. The neighbor leaves and goes to farm 15. I reload farm 20, neighbors box show, then go to 15 where the neighbor is, no neighbor box. The experience is mutual.
I said earlier that it mainly happens on my default farm. I realize now that my neighbor and I are very often there together. I have now tested this in various ways, and oit is always the same: no neighbors visible in the box when we are both on the same farm.

Cheers,
Danker
Old Mar 25 2022, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Hello Mary,

I have been able to find out a bit more: this only happens when two farmers are on the same farm. Let's say my super neighbor is on farm 20. I go there, neighbors box doesn't show. The neighbor leaves and goes to farm 15. I reload farm 20, neighbors box show, then go to 15 where the neighbor is, no neighbor box. The experience is mutual.
I said earlier that it mainly happens on my default farm. I realize now that my neighbor and I are very often there together. I have now tested this in various ways, and oit is always the same: no neighbors visible in the box when we are both on the same farm.

Cheers,
Danker
Hi Danker

When you are on a farm and another farmer arrives to that farm or viceversa, the neighbors bar below the game screen disappears and you both see the chat box to let you both type messages and chat.

That is completely normal. It is the same when you go to Market or Inn. You do not see the neighbors, only the chat box. If you click in Hide button to the left, then the neighbors show up again in the bar.
Is that what you are describing?
Old Mar 25 2022, 02:07 PM

Ok, I think it is solved. When two farmers are on the same farm the box where normally are neighbors picture and names, changes automatically to chat mode! I hadn't noticed that. The neighbors in chat mode are not visible of course. When it switches to chat mode, I was confused because the writing space is filled with system text like Loading user, connecting to main frame, connected to main frame, loading user multiple times

I think the problem is solved, right?
Old Mar 25 2022, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Ok, I think it is solved. When two farmers are on the same farm the box where normally are neighbors picture and names, changes automatically to chat mode! I hadn't noticed that. The neighbors in chat mode are not visible of course. When it switches to chat mode, I was confused because the writing space is filled with system text like Loading user, connecting to main frame, connected to main frame, loading user multiple times

I think the problem is solved, right?
Hi Danker

Yes, that is correct, I answered you about this in the post just above your last one.

But if you want to read more about the Chat box, please go to the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...54#post6318654
Old Mar 25 2022, 02:13 PM

Yes, I missed your post about same, saw it after I posted my reply. Sorry!
Old Mar 25 2022, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Yes, I missed your post about same, saw it after I posted my reply. Sorry!

No problem Danker, so glad the problem is fixed
Old Mar 29 2022, 10:31 AM

The Preferences tab, to set options to show crops, trees, etc. used to function in the Fullscreen mode. Now it only functions in regular view. Is this something that can be fixed? Thanks.

Tags
browser zoom, bugs and glitches, display, eye, facility manager, farm order, farm stats, full screen, fullscreen, mouse, mouse over, music, normal screen, regular screen, screen size, show names, sound, stats, unhide