Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 05 2011, 10:16 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdave View Post
what would be good is for them just to show how many total hours are left and when it gets under one hr make it show minutes that would be the ultimate fix for this in my humble opinion
That's what I think! Raul told me the developers thought total hours would be unwieldy, but I told him decimals aren't any easier for most folks than percentages! lol The 20-hour/24 hour thing should be standardized, in any case...does anyone know WHY a FT day is 20 hours?? I wonder.
Old Sep 05 2011, 10:55 AM

I don't get the difficulty of decimals. .1 is six minutes, .2 is 12 minutes, etc.
Old Sep 05 2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayGee View Post
That's what I think! Raul told me the developers thought total hours would be unwieldy, but I told him decimals aren't any easier for most folks than percentages! lol The 20-hour/24 hour thing should be standardized, in any case...does anyone know WHY a FT day is 20 hours?? I wonder.
Maybe it was something to do with the programming and imposed on Slashkey rather than the other way round.
It does make sense to me now but seeing 1.6 days for wheat change to 19 hours when watered does throw one off a little!
Poor developers - they must have only just got over the uproar the belts caused at first!

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Sep 05 2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dirt View Post
I don't get the difficulty of decimals. .1 is six minutes, .2 is 12 minutes, etc.
I like the time showing as actual TIME rather than percentages - did my head in because I kept having to look up how long the crops took to grow in the first place. Please devs dont change back to %. Maybe the time cant be shown as hours until it gets under one day as the 5 day crop for example would be too many digits??
What DOES confuse folks is that when they speed up growth it appears to be wrong when it says 1.6 days then 19 hours and is a 2 day crop - if it showed 39.9 after planting there wouldnt be so much of a problem.
Just my opinion - I have to say I really appreciate the red sprinkler now Ive worked out the best way to make use of it.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Sep 05 2011, 11:57 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I havent bought the red sprinkler. I think half the harvest time is a brilliant idea, but i would like to be able to water my flowers and not think about what it does to my crops, or vice versa. I have flowers on all my farms and i like them to be ready at the same time, if i were to water only one farm with the red sprinkler they wouldnt be. I also plant several types of crops on the same farm, so using the red sprinkler would just complicate my farming, i prefer to keep it like im used to.
That being said, when i water my flowers with the original sprinkler they still show the W on mouseover afterwords, until the next time i harvest them, and the W reappears when i water them the next time. Its not really a big deal because they still have the same 4 day harvest time, but i doubt they are intended to show the W that would indicate they have been watered with the red sprinkler.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 05 2011, 12:03 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dirt View Post
...and .1 days is 2.4 hours is 144 minutes, etc...just saying it could be simpler, is all. I think like mad all day at work...don't really need to think about a game...lol. In a perfect world it would say "corn field ready at 2:40 p.m. Friday"...automatically adjusted for my time zone of course - lol. Again, one can dream...
Old Sep 05 2011, 01:45 PM
Account Not Linked

My neighbor can't hire workers for facilities, collect gifts, erc and can't get Forum to answer her questions or even recognize her user name at this point. She cleared cache, etc and nothing changed. She has used 3 different computers trying for resolution, any suggestions for her?
Old Sep 05 2011, 02:06 PM

Level:
XP:

My red sprinkler is in the tool box. The brown one is not, it is in storage, why is that? I want to use it occasionally and want to water neighbor's farms...would be much easier if it were in the tool box.
Old Sep 05 2011, 02:22 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by melizabeth5 View Post
My red sprinkler is in the tool box. The brown one is not, it is in storage, why is that? I want to use it occasionally and want to water neighbor's farms...would be much easier if it were in the tool box.
You can still water your neighbors farms it will not prevent them from coming right behind you and watering their own farms with the red sprinkler.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Sep 05 2011, 03:42 PM

Level:
XP:
Send a message via Yahoo to Tonjabell

Since this release, I am having a great deal of problem posting belt accomplishments....actually, they aren't posting, have had one for the last two days that has actually posted, all the rest ask if I want to post, but don't do anything. And why is the farm freezing up on full screen, have to reload, it does it again. Fancy doesn't work if it is broken folks!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Closed Thread