Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 17 2012, 05:15 PM

I like the quests and only play the ones I want. I look at them at BONUS money when i can complete one. If i open a quest that requires a facility i don't have, or don't want, then i don't fret over it. it's just a game.
Old Mar 17 2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl2009 View Post
[size="4"]Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I have had 5 active quests at one time. I think this may have happened because the first two were identical and the time to do them was about 6 or 7 maybe even 8 days each; I don't remember exactly.

What I had to do was to Load Red Wine aged 4 yrs. into a Service Facility. This involved harvesting the purple grapes (a 4 hour crop) and producing red wine barrel which went pretty quickly too. What took the most time was producing the red wine bottles aged 4 yrs in the Wine Cellar. Gosh I think that took 32 hours. Then I had to load those red wine bottle into the Banquet Hall to complete the quest.

So mind you on Day1 and then on Day 2 I was given quests that could take up to 7 days or so. On day 3 I had to produce vegetables in the hibachi. That involved harvesting broccoli (a 4 day crop). On day 4 I had to Load chocolate caramel into a service facility. And on Day 5 I had to Load a Tea Kettle into a service facility.

I was pretty surprised that I got so many "load" quests as opposed to "produce" quests. Fortunately I do have the Service (provide) facilities needed for the above quests. I think it's ironic that I got 2 identical quests back to back as well. I am a Level 310 and I have all CASH facilities that produce but I do not have all the CASH facilities that provide (requiring loading products into).

Last week I had to let a quest expire on it's own. It involved loading something into the gas station (a cash service facility that I do not own nor do I plan on buying).

Since the quests have come out, I have completed almost all of them. Only a small percentage I had to let expire due to not having the CASH loading facility. No biggie.

However, I am really REALLY disappointed in the reward I got for not only producing red wine bottle aged 4 years in the wine cellar (a cash facility) but also loading them into the banquet hall (a cash service facility).

I got a whopping 496,000 coins as a reward!!! Are you kidding me? I used 2 count them TWO CASH FACILITIES and all I was rewarded was 496,000??!!

That hurt because it wasn't just one quest, I got that same one back to back.

Anyway, what can you do right? It is what it is. And it's supposed to be for fun. When it's not fun anymore, I step away for a day or 2. Come back refreshed and play again.

Happy Farming,

CG

P.S. I wanted to mention this as well.....I wonder how long it's going to take the mayor to give us a reward of FARM CASH? I will keep reading this forum, but has anyone received any farm cash as a reward yet?? Just wondering....

[/SIhuZE]
Are you sure it wasnt 4 million and 8 hundred? I have never got less than 2 mil 4 hundred for one and the highest 15 million 6 hundred with several different amounts inbetween. No I have not received any FC yet. Hope this helps.
Old Mar 18 2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelbu49@gmail.com View Post
Now I have done several quests; and where they required a facility I didn't have they have all been coins (which I am OK with) but the one I just received is "Chicken Chow Mein" which requires the "Chinese Restaurant" which is FC => I am not alright with that => I THINK that the rules say you don't require spending money to play; and I don't know of any way to get FC except pay for it...

At a minimum there should be a way to "cancel" a quest that you don't have the facilities for rather than wait for the quest to "time out"

and the lifeline does not help (purchase ingredients at market) if it had been work in someone's facility I could have had a chance to complete it...
To be fair the rules doesn't say you can play the game without every paying for things. You can play it without paying. Just do the free things!!!!!
Old Mar 18 2012, 12:39 PM

I have done ceverel quest too, and MOST of them required a facility that cost FC, I have bougt two of them, and for the rest I had to wait to tje time ran out

a way to "cancel" a quest would be very nice to have.
Old Mar 18 2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebLeah View Post
The quests should just be just an additional fun thing you can do on ft. I would like to be able to do long ones but have had only 3 or 4 steps. Usually done quickly. I'm on level 310. I did finally get a rather long one but don't have the service facility to finish it. so it will sit there for 6 days. I don't think you can get 5 in a row unless they are all long or you can't do them and they sit there. No sense getting up set about something that doesn't make any difference one way or the other. You collect your money when you finish the quest or you don't and you move on to the next one the following day. The dev have nothing to fix.They have done a great job!
i agree with you 100% ... i really don't see what the big deal is...
Old Mar 18 2012, 08:57 PM

I like the Quests, because they are optional, and fun with no demanding flashing arrows.

I have a problem with not being able to open the new Quest or receive award. It works most of the time, but other times, not clickable (accept Quest or Receive Reward link).

Also, the wording says the quests are created especially for me ~ which they are not if I do not have the dollar facilities to produce the whatever. I would like a Cancel Quest button when that happens, so that I can accept a new doable (for me) one.

I am having fun with them.
Old Mar 19 2012, 02:55 PM

Angry To angry about low Quest payout

I got a whopping 496,000 coins as a reward!!! Are you kidding me? I used 2 count them TWO CASH FACILITIES and all I was rewarded was 496,000??!!

I have NEVER had a quest that paid less than 4,000,000 coins. Of course, it helps that I have a "Quest" farm with almost all of the crops that are 1 day or more, the main flowers, and trees. If I need a crop, I rarely have to wait for it to grow. The longest wait is for the factory production.

A lot of my neighbors have quest farms. Stop by my farm 13 and see how I did mine.
Old Mar 19 2012, 05:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeemersmom View Post

I have NEVER had a quest that paid less than 4,000,000 coins. Of course, it helps that I have a "Quest" farm with almost all of the crops that are 1 day or more, the main flowers, and trees. If I need a crop, I rarely have to wait for it to grow. The longest wait is for the factory production.

A lot of my neighbors have quest farms. Stop by my farm 13 and see how I did mine.
Whether the facilities you use are for coin or farm cash makes no difference in how much you will get. Only your level, how fast you do them and how many steps are in the quest.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 20 2012, 12:55 PM

I need more information . I have played farm towen for over 2 years , I am at TOP (310) I want to do more quests at once . I always have to wit 20 hours . I do sometimes have 2 going at once , BUT I have NO IDEA what LEVEL I am .
also a friend needed horse hair and I don't know how to help her , she got a lifeline but you can not work the horse shed or sell hair . so how could we work it out ?
Old Mar 20 2012, 01:00 PM

help us understand how to use lifelines , I love the quests , it is optional and I hate having to wait for teh next one every 20 hours .