Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 08 2023, 04:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliesNotGoofy View Post
I have an hp laptop with windows 11. Its less than 1 yr. old. I am having a lot of problems that just started a couple months ago. I was wondering what the requirements are to be able to play FarmTown on a laptop. I have 8 GB of Ram. I have a friend who has 16 and she's having this problem as well though not as bad as mine. I've been working on upgrading all my farms, have a lot of layering, even ghosted facs (I've almost gotten rid of all those, just 1 left). I've cut down on my plots for planting. I did have them all at 9x9 and now I have several down to 3x3. So far nothing has helped. I don't know what else I can do. I clean my computer all the time and that includes clearing the memcache. I've been playing this game since 2009/2010 and I would hate to have to give it up. It only happens while I'm playing FT. I sure hope you can help me. Thank you so much!
Hi JuliesNot Goofy,
I moved your post to the thread about loading issues. The recommedation for the game is 8GB of memory.

Layering can cause problems even though they may work perfectly for a while. The 9x9 layering of crops is ok, but when you layer trees and flowers and facilities over those then you can start having problems. Your laptop fan running loudly means you are working the processor very hard trying to process all the data for those farms which makes the laptop heat up and the fan to have to work harder trying to cool it. Removing the over layer trees, flowers and possibly waters would help.

One thing you both might want to consider is taking it in and have the laptop physically cleaned. They do tend to suck in a lot of dust and that also can cause heating problems that the fan is trying to cool.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 09 2023, 07:46 PM

Default problem with new website

My problem is that my security software blocks the new FT website saying there is malicious code and it is unsafe.. this has been the case since it began and nothing has changed.. the only way I can play on the new site is to bypass the security and this leaves my computer vulnerable..I am not happy doing this... any suggestions as to why this happens.Thank you
Old Jul 09 2023, 07:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by farm town addiction View Post
My problem is that my security software blocks the new FT website saying there is malicious code and it is unsafe.. this has been the case since it began and nothing has changed.. the only way I can play on the new site is to bypass the security and this leaves my computer vulnerable..I am not happy doing this... any suggestions as to why this happens.Thank you
Hi farm town addiction,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about loading problems.
The only thing may be that your security software does not know the website as it is relatively new.

You should be able to add an exception to your security program for the website to allow you to play and still have your security intact.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 09 2023, 11:01 PM
Account Not Linked

I am having a problem ghosting for fuel on all my farms it all comes up as error is there any way to fix this problem
Old Jul 09 2023, 11:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneBarkhouse1234@outlook View Post
I am having a problem ghosting for fuel on all my farms it all comes up as error is there any way to fix this problem
Hi JuneBarkhgouse,
As that is not a part of the game features and is a trick, we can not give any instructions for doing it. The only thing I can suggest is if you need more fuel then buy more oil pumps and oil refineries.
Old Jul 10 2023, 02:17 PM

Red face I am unable to access the game!

Hi. I have tried to access my game both in Facebook and in Slashkey and it will not load. I can get to requests, neighbors, this forum, etc. but the game itself does nothing towards loading. H E L P ! ! !
Old Jul 10 2023, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Cockroach View Post
Hi. I have tried to access my game both in Facebook and in Slashkey and it will not load. I can get to requests, neighbors, this forum, etc. but the game itself does nothing towards loading. H E L P ! ! !
Hi Corey Cockroach

I moved your post to the thread for your problem.

Please be sure your browser is up to date and also check if you have any pending update for Windows or Mac in case you use it.

After any update it is better to restart your computer.

You can also try all suggestions given in the first post, first page of this thread.

I hid everything in your preferences, the wrench, to make it easier for you to load the game.
Old Jul 13 2023, 01:18 PM

Default Library

Library computers will mot open slaskey.com only facebook. I know about the july 24 date but have been playing from lobraries. What can you do to make slashkey. Com safe for library/public computers wwont open says not safe
Old Jul 13 2023, 02:14 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesallysanctus View Post
Library computers will mot open slaskey.com only facebook. I know about the july 24 date but have been playing from lobraries. What can you do to make slashkey. Com safe for library/public computers wwont open says not safe
H ilittlesallysanctus,

The website uses https which indicates it a safe site. Please check if you are using the link below that has the at the front of it, when you try to load the game on a public computer. You may also need to allow cookies on the browser you are using there, the same way you would on your home computer:

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/play/

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jul 13 2023, 02:59 PM

i don't know what i'm doing wrong.... one day FT loads but not the next. today it was going fine until i ran my ccleaner and Avast One virus and system scan, cleaner and driver update. restarted and FT/Slashkey won't load.
i went through everything that's suggested as i always do. i just don't know what to do and it trying to get in gets exhausting.
i used chome, and it's up-to-date:
"Chrome is up to date
Version 114.0.5735.199 (Official Build) (64-bit)"
this is the FT/Slashkey error message:
"2023-07-13 19:44:00.511 INFOCheckpoint-B-000 - Initialized
2023-07-13 19:44:00.512 LOGFT Client Services Inited.
2023-07-13 19:44:00.528 LOGSessionId: 6131544
Browser: unknown: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/114.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
WebGL Supported and Enabled. Type: WebGL 2.0
GPU-Vendor: Google Inc. (Intel)
GPU-Renderer: ANGLE (Intel, Intel(R) UHD Graphics Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0, D3D11)
2023-07-13 19:44:00.703 LOGnavigator.mediaDevices support available
2023-07-13 19:44:16.021 ERRORwasm streaming compile failed: TypeError: Could not download wasm module
2023-07-13 19:44:16.022 WARNWebAssembly streaming compilation failed! This can happen for example if "Content-Encoding" HTTP header is incorrectly enabled on the server for file https://cdn.slashkey.com/flash/farm/...ild510.wasm.gz, but the file is not pre-compressed on disk (or vice versa). Check the Network tab in browser Devtools to debug server header configuration.
2023-07-13 19:44:16.023 ERRORfalling back to ArrayBuffer instantiation
2023-07-13 19:44:31.485 LOGboth async and sync fetching of the wasm failed
2023-07-13 19:44:31.486 ERRORboth async and sync fetching of the wasm failed
2023-07-13 19:44:31.488 ERRORfailed to asynchronously prepare wasm: TypeError: WebAssembly.instantiate(): Argument 0 must be a buffer source or a WebAssembly.Module object"

thanks

Tags
cannot load game, dotween, farm not loading, farm town not loading, frequent crashes, game freezes, green screen, loading issues, saving data, settweenscapacity, u00, webgl, white screen, x025, x025 error