Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfjones View Post
What?

Do you use that same argument at your local Wal-Mart?

"Sorry, I'm a little short on cash. This week I'll pay you in beans"
My response to the complaints about FT Cash items? If one can't afford it (whatever item), do without. It's what I learned early on to do in real life especially if the "it" is not a necessity and, even for the necessities, learned to make do with what I have. Actually, this can be a fun challenge in the virtual world of games as well as in the real world. Find myself doing this even when it isn't financially necessary

Oh, and a "P.S." to gfjones -- I avoid the local Wal-Mart since cheaper isn't always cheaper in the long run if it's poorer quality that lasts a whole lot longer. Also, prefer to support our local merchants -- kind of like FT neighbors support one another
Old May 14 2010, 03:21 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by essexboy View Post
wish I never got the chocolate factory as now I need the confectionery factory to produce choc bars.I mean,what kind of chocolate factory only produces choc liquid.im done using real money on this game and for that reason alone,I will not put any real money into this game again.
Agree with you, essexboy. Multi-function facilities would be an improvement, whether the facilities are sold for FT Cash or FT coins. Also a smaller footprint as was suggested would be good. Like, why those weird fantasy land towers on one of the new buildings? And why such a huge building for the chocolate factory? Here, in our nearby small town there's a small shop which makes, chocolate lovers tell me, super delicious fudge, chocolate cream candies, plus other non-chocolate candies and confections. Also, offers patrons the opportunity to purchase their products boxed as gifts. So, huge facilities really aren't a necessity and if FT copied this concept, we could place more facilities on our existing game space and might be more motivated to part with a few real $$ more often.

Don't bet me wrong, overall I think that the FT developers do an excellent job of providing good graphics, a variety of player options and a game which plays efficiently and is fun.
Old May 14 2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottLanter View Post
People like this blow me away. Think how many hours of enjoyment per day, per week, per month...that you get from playing Farm Town, and you pay nothing for that enjoyment. You mention "freedom of choice" in your post. It's almost an attempt to cause the developers to feel guilty about their Farm Cash method.

As one (me), who has purchased more than $100 (US dollars) in Farm Cash, stop your whining, please! It takes a lot of time, resources, and money to develop games like Farm Town. Either cough up a little real cash to further enhance your enjoyment of the game, or let this plea go. It's getting annoying seeing all the posts from people who say, "I'm on a fixed income", "I can't afford it", "I have no money", and now your "freedom of choice" argument. I challenge you to go into any store in your city and attempt to get the same great deal that Farm Town offers. When you compare all the items that are available in the game, there are really very few that are available with Farm Cash only. The vast majority of items are obtainable with coins.

Finally, I find it very interesting that, those who can't afford a little Farm Cash, are the same people who manage to pay for internet access every month, and also manage to purchase a computer to access the internet.
Thank you!!! I was just saying the same thing to my husband last night. I think that perhaps some people are forgetting that they are not really paying real dollars for virtual items, but instead real dollars for the developers' time creating the game - which I very much enjoy.
Old May 14 2010, 05:41 PM
Account Not Linked

I totally agree, please ........stop all the whiney posts.
Old May 14 2010, 06:48 PM

How about giving us something to make for Peaches (like Peach Cobbler), Plums (Plum Pudding or Prunes), and Lemons (Lemon Juice or Pie).
Old May 14 2010, 07:17 PM

I love Farm Town. I have spent money to upgrade and will continue to do so as long as they keep adding to the game. i could use a 4th or dare or even a 5th farm because i cant grow wheat fast enough to keep up. Lemon juice would be a good addition to the juice factory. And a corn ethanol plant would make a lot of sense for those who love to grow corn. Windmills that produce energy would be a good idea as well. With the omportance of alternitive energy, this makes sense. The game is addictive and I have to say THANKS again for all your efforts in making this the BEST game. Remember people, nothing good is life is 100% free. They have to make a buck too.
Old May 14 2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeky Banutski View Post
Here's another perspective on the Farm Cash (i.e.,"dollars"). Personally, I don't care how much money the developers make on Farm Town - this is American capitalism at work...isn't it wonderful?

But here's my beef - I work darn hard for my money & I'm not about to waste it on purchasing "virtual" dollars for this game or any other game. However, that shouldn't mean that us "players" should be denied the opportunity to acquire any/all available Farm Town items based on the fact that some items are available using (free) "coins" (which we earn by playing the game), while other items are only available by spending actual cash (in the form of "virtual" dollars).

In my humble opinion, every item in the store should be available for sale to anyone/everyone no matter what form of payment they choose to use. The beauty of democracy is the "freedom of choice" & the current set up with Farm Town "virtual" dollars prevents me from choosing certain items in the store. The other method of acquiring "virtual" dollars is pure rubbish - sitting through those annoying "ads" responding to tos of questions/selections only to end up with a small amount "virtual" dollars & an obligatory "must choose something from this "method" or you've wasted a ton of time (which, by the way has a "price tag" associated with it - my time is also valuable).
Zeeky, the beauty of democracy is that everyone can charge whatever they want for a service and everyone else has the option of buying or not buying that service. This game is very playable without spending a dime of real money. Lighten up!!
Old May 14 2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt4u2nv View Post
How about giving us something to make for Peaches (like Peach Cobbler), Plums (Plum Pudding or Prunes), and Lemons (Lemon Juice or Pie).
Lemons can be used towards hard candy in the Confectionery, and you can make canned peaches in the canning and preserving factory....

Farming away since June 14, 2009
Old May 15 2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeky Banutski View Post
Here's another perspective on the Farm Cash (i.e.,"dollars"). Personally, I don't care how much money the developers make on Farm Town - this is American capitalism at work...isn't it wonderful?

But here's my beef - I work darn hard for my money & I'm not about to waste it on purchasing "virtual" dollars for this game or any other game. However, that shouldn't mean that us "players" should be denied the opportunity to acquire any/all available Farm Town items based on the fact that some items are available using (free) "coins" (which we earn by playing the game), while other items are only available by spending actual cash (in the form of "virtual" dollars).

In my humble opinion, every item in the store should be available for sale to anyone/everyone no matter what form of payment they choose to use. The beauty of democracy is the "freedom of choice" & the current set up with Farm Town "virtual" dollars prevents me from choosing certain items in the store. The other method of acquiring "virtual" dollars is pure rubbish - sitting through those annoying "ads" responding to tos of questions/selections only to end up with a small amount "virtual" dollars & an obligatory "must choose something from this "method" or you've wasted a ton of time (which, by the way has a "price tag" associated with it - my time is also valuable).
I would like to point out that if you went to a store and bought a real life game ( like scrabble or whatever) you would be paying "real" dollars for it and have little opportunity to add "extras" to it without paying more "real" dollars.

I consider anything I buy with FC as a comparison to a game I may purchase in real life to determine its value.

So pay for a real game with pieces that can get lost or broken or a "virtual" game----they simply become equal and a matter of choice.
Old May 15 2010, 09:46 AM

Love that you can gift the facilities. I just bought all the FC facilities for my daughter.
Closed Thread