Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 10 2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
This just can't be right. If my Stone Windmill were in storage, I wouldn't be able to load it with the Facilities Manager (would I?). So maybe - does the train load your facility and also store everything? What if - say with the Stone Windmill one - what if I don't have any wheat in storage? What would my Stone Windmill boxcar do then?
Hmmm... lots of what ifs - and can I really buy the appropriate box car for the stone windmill on Farm 1 then move the train or do I have to store the Facility and then put it back or what??

Think I will as I said just now sleep on it!

Hey mods I know you are really overworked but we need a guide when you are able please. Also probably a thread in Help and Support for all this.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susiefry View Post
you let us know ahead of time if facilities were coins/cash, can i just know if the train is cash?????????? Im hanging onto coins wondering but i could be buying another land expansion if i knew??

Course wait because i was mad and said i "MAY" quit playing, im probably not aloud to ask that....ROFL
ok i bought my freight train 100,000 coins but now i need a long car and another care they are FTC it tell ya you need a refinery on farm or storage all i can do is send the long car and box car, so i buy yet another refinery and placed it on the farm with my new frieght train and i still can't buy only send the long car and box car and without those cars the freight train just sits there but to answer your question loco is coins and cars are ft cash
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:16 PM
Account Not Linked

my cars carry...container 5712 units...1 door...6804 units...2 door..7224 units..
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:16 PM

Default Not too sure

Glad the trains are out. Hope lots of people enjoy them. They way my farms are set up, im not really in need of more of the things that the trains will haul/bring/produce. But its a novel concept. Shows FT is always moving forward. One thing that has been a huge disapointment is the last expansions. Way to expensive and you can not plant trees or flowers near the left edge of the field, or else a lot of your plowed squares disappear. The thing is, you need THAT space for trees/ flowers your short on. So no more expansions for me. Can't wait for farm 15 and still enjoy the game as much as I did way back when. Everyone have a safe 4th of July.
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamV View Post
Can anyone who has bought the Long 2 Door Freight cars confirm the quantity that they will receive when the train returns.
It says 7224 units.
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:17 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
Hmmm... lots of what ifs - and can I really buy the appropriate box car for the stone windmill on Farm 1 then move the train or do I have to store the Facility and then put it back or what??

Think I will as I said just now sleep on it!

Hey mods I know you are really overworked but we need a guide when you are able please. Also probably a thread in Help and Support for all this.

The requirements are only to buy it plus having the loco on the farm (maybe storage but unconfirmed). Once you own the cars you can put them on any farm you want, even if there are none of the "supported" facilities. The train will still be allowed to operate. Proven on wife's farm.

Level 335
Farms 1 through 14 almost fully expanded
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:20 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

8. Freight Trains: It can bring you high demand products from outside markets to use in your facilities.

Currently there are one Standard Freight Locomotive and 6 Freight Cars. The regular freight cars are just decoration items and don't provide any functionality. The Long Freight Cars are the ones who can be dispatched with a train to bring you products across all the markets. To check the products and quantity that each Long Freight Car can carry, click the help button in the Store.

To prepare your train for dispatch you need to have at least one Long Freight Car coupled to the Freight Locomotive. Place the Long Freight Car right behind the Locomotive without any space between them. If you mouse over the Locomotive all Freight Cars (including short and long cars) correctly coupled together will be highlighted.

To manage your train click the Locomotive and select 'Show Train Details'. The Long Freight Cars that are correctly coupled to your Locomotive will be highlighted in white. The ones that you don't own or that are not correctly coupled will appear disabled.

To dispatch your train click the 'Dispatch Train' button. Only the Freight Cars correctly coupled to your train will be dispatched to carry goods. Once you dispatch a train it will be locked and will appear semi-transparent in your farm until it returns. The Standard Freight Locomotive completes the trip across all markets in 7 days.

To check the progress of your train click on the 'Train Status' tab. You'll see how many units are being carried and how many are pending to load. The progress bar indicates the progress of the train across all the markets.

As soon as the train visits all the markets and returns to your farm, you can click the 'Unload Train' button to move all products to your Storage. At this point your train will be fully visible again so you can add or remove cars for the next dispatch.

Currently, only one Locomotive across all your farms can be carrying products at any given time. In other words, you can build several trains but you can't dispatch one until the other one returns.

Currently, only one Long Freight Car of each type per train can be carrying products. That is to say, you can have all 3 Long Freight Cars coupled to a train (the Container, the One-Door and the Two-Door cars) and they will all carry products, but if you purchase another Long Freight Car and couple it to that train it will not carry any additional products at this time.

The products that each Freight Car carries will cost you coins and 420 fuel.

Once you purchase any Long Freight Car you can move it to any other farm, the facility requirement in the Store is only needed at purchase time.

this may help some of us lol i had to read it a few times lol it's starting to sink in ... well trickle in lol lol

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyb64 View Post
hahahahaha!!! Yipee we get to boost trains(cant wait for it to befinished). My freight train is up ready and on its way to gather products. Really looking forward to a freight car that will gather Wool,horse hair, eggs and milk... oh yeah.. Cotton too.
What "Boost Feature" are you talking about? I don't see anything in the release notes about any boost.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:23 PM

I am going to have to buy credits so before I do am I reading this right.

You have to have the locomotive and all three cars.

If my windmill and ink factory are on farm 6 I buy the loco and those cars and place them there. Refresh and I can add them to store. Then go to farm 5 take them all out and buy the car for the oil refinery, put them all in storage, refresh, and T
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:24 PM

Opps...

And Then I take them all out and put them on the farm I want them to be. Is this how it works? It is pretty darn confusing.
Closed Thread