Closed Thread

Old Dec 29 2009, 12:54 PM
Awe Inspiring ( Level 30 )

Farmer Since: Sep 10 2009
Level:
Trophies: 13
XP:
Default Why I'm not playing.....

I guess nobody really cares whether or not I play, but here are my two cents. For what they are worth:
I do not get XP points when I plow or harvest at a friend's farm. So, what is the point?
I do not get XP points when I hire to plow or harvest at my farm. So, what is the point?
The avatar is so slow, why can't I just block her in the center of the farm and do my thing?
I know that makes it sound like Farmville, but at least it would not get left behind or in the way!
Hope some hears me on this and responds.
Old Dec 29 2009, 01:01 PM

Ok, just wondering here, please don't bite my head off..lol

But how many times do we have to go to adobe, uninstall, reboot, clear cache, reinstall, before it takes and or do we have to to it for each glitch that happens within a space of days. I mean I went on 12-27, now I am getting suggestions to do it again. I clear my cache regulary. After a point, it seems like is it is not the users fault or their computer. I appreciate everyones replies to my problems and concerns! Tks : )
Old Dec 29 2009, 01:27 PM

I've noticed I have moved from WF41 to WF23. Is this random? Or have I moved servers for good?
Old Dec 29 2009, 01:29 PM

Update on my experiences and adventures while harvesting/plowing on a hire.

Today I did a few jobs and noticed that it did not matter what server I or the other farmer were on.

I did notice this as far as how my player acted and responded .....first I click....then the plot highlights and I get the status bar.....then my coins and/or xp show up as collected and this is reflected in my totals up in the top left corner.....then my avatar comes over and clears the way.

Ok this is good...yes! Very much like it was before the 22nd fix.

Now when I get on with other users....I am almost ALWAYS the slow poke of the bunch....for whatever reason.

Ok that is not so good and NOT like before the 22nd fix. Before the fix I was in the running and had just as much chance as anyone else at getting plots.

When I am on by myself the system slows waaaaaaaaaay down after about 20 plots are selected....and goes to a turtle pace. Doesn't matter what server anyone is on....and I did solo jobs on more than one farm/server today and it just didn't matter. Harvesting goes way faster coin-wise (avatar doesn't matter it's just the pretty aspect of it. As far as I know when my coins and xp are collected that means that plot is done) but when I plow....slooooooowwwwww....so seriously slow on the collecting coins/xp and really my avatar but so what on her she's just for show. The game is really dead when I plow.

When I am on in groups or in a pair I have noticed that me and the other people cannot see each other's work. And tho I would like to think not....it very clearly does appear that some people cheat. I am a pretty fast and accurate clicker and some of those people where literally plowing over me and in really good form too. So it's just a situation I try to stay away from because like I said earlier I am always the slow poke in those situations.

So bottom line....for me at least....its the lag time....the speed in which things are happening. And it doesn't matter when I'm on or if I'm alone or with other people....at some point the game just gets really really slow.

Tonight when I get off work I'm going to do the uninstall/reinstall of adobe again and I'm also going to go into my local files on my comp and delete all temps and cookies as well as run Spybot S and D just for fun. I might also possibly defrag my drive....just for S and G also. Oh and something I just realized....perhaps if I set my FLASHBLOCK settings to allow FB and/or FT that might improve my speed also.

Tho! Considering others are having similar issues and it does not matter what kind of comp a person has....it seems to me lag time is really the issue...

I really enjoy this game and I have always had fun....before the 22nd and I try as I might to work with it and not complain too much and try my best to understand. If me doign any of this can help the devs or any of you in any way....well then that's what I'll do.

Thanks to the devs....the moderators etc....and all of you....for communicating, sharing, helping and just for playing FT!

Peace out
Old Dec 29 2009, 01:53 PM
Account Not Linked

I would absolutely like to echo "The Spicy Pickle" and say that I too regularly clean my cache (even installed ccleaner to do so) ; have updated Adobe at least three times; cleaned up disc; defragged etc (in fact my pc must be so clean now it squeaks!) and I am STILL getting all the problems described above and way way back.
I, and clearly others, are not playing in the same time frame as every player and even on my own (having talked to the farmer who was watching me) I can see my avatar cant keep up with my clicking and when it all looks done to me in actual fact the farmer sees me way behind where I see coins/xp floating up.
Its been some days now since the 22nd update and I am really hopeful things will get better soon
Old Dec 29 2009, 01:57 PM
Account Not Linked

The thing I'm most upset about is how LLLLOOOOONNNNNGGG (long) it takes me to get to a farm to do work. By the time I get there almost if not everything is already done by someone else. Then when it does act like I'm doing somethingm just clicking along then all of a sudden it starts popping up Already Done!!! then I'm stuck even if I go to the market for another job I have to just stand there and every time I try to move around it shows I'm still busy,where I should well be done. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks for a great game but I would like it back to the old way or fix it so it will get back the speed.
Old Dec 29 2009, 01:57 PM
Account Not Linked

When I try to move to another area on my farm by using the curser or the star directional I never get to where I expected. My farm jumps to another section. I might have to move to a certain area 10 or 12 times in order to harvest or plow.
Old Dec 29 2009, 03:38 PM

Since the latest update, everything works beautifully for me; however reading through these posts tells me that's not the case with many people. I've experimented playing FT on a number of different computers and browsers. On Compaq with Internet Explorer, I was completely unable to play the game -- the lag time was ridiculous. On several different Dells with IE, it frequently freezes. On a new iMac with Safari, the screen kept flickering every time I harvested or plowed, and each square had to be clicked 2-3 times before succeeding.

In all cases the latest version of Adobe Flash was used and cache was cleared.

The best combination: new iMac with Firefox on high speed DSL.

It would be nice if the devs would either post the minimum computer/browser configuration required to play the game successfully (perhaps they have done this somewhere and I don't know it) or create a game that works regardless of the user's operating environment.
Old Dec 29 2009, 04:54 PM

I agree with the post above.... I'm ready to quit Farmtown and I'm level 60, I'm sick of standing around waiting til the avatar is finished only to find "already done" Sorry but everytime you change something you screw it up worse!!! Can't even get the go home to work until the stupid thing is through telling you already done.... I'm too old for this ****!!!!!
Old Dec 29 2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsy Anne View Post

IMPORTANT EDIT
: It seems that the newest version of the program is working as it should for many players and they are experiencing the intended benefits. Others are reporting issues which should not be experienced with this newest release. Before posting in this thread, please do the following REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE THE LATEST VERSION OF ADOBE FLASH. Go to the adobe.com website and use their uninstall program to completely uninstall your flash player program. Then BEFORE REINSTALLING clear your browser cache and reboot your computer to get rid of any remnants of the program before going back to the adobe.com site and reinstalling the latest version of flash player for your computer.
Raul, I have done as suggested above. I am still getting work done, seemingly before others who appear (to me)to come along later, and then I lose it to them - just getting "already done" when the counter (not my avatar which is always well behind my cursor) "hits" those squares. This did not happen before your latest update, ie before, I could see what had been harvested/plowed in real time, and they could see my work. I dont even bother to stay now to work with others because I know half of my effort will be wasted
I just seem to be "out of synch" all the time and its so disappointing.
I also like to report, as others, chat room problems all as described and inc my words not being posted at all.
I know you will work hard to sort this out now Christmas is over.
Thank you[/quote]

Not sure if this is official or not, NO silly me of course it isnt official skashkey communication, THEY HAVE NO TO THE PLAYERS. I thank you for the effort, as I have already said, if they bothered to contact those willing to help, then we would not be typing into this forum, the answers are out here in the player world, many of us have the skills and the knowledge of the problems. I teach this stuff at University level, slashkey needs to drop the Bill Gates method of system testing and put some real effort into their work, something they will take pride from, stop floundering around and using us as your testers.
Closed Thread