Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 31 2011, 12:33 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulcr View Post
Ok...I too had to go back and water now that Raul fixed it...and it worked!!! The harvest times dropped to about 1/2!!! Thank you Raul!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry if this was asked before, but with the grow time reduced by 1/2 does that also reduce the time you have to harvest before the crops rot by 1/2 or do you still have the same original full time to harvest....i.e., if unwatered it takes 1 day to grow you would have 1 day after that before it rots, but if it now only takes 1/2 of a day to grow when watered do you then only have 1/2 day to get it harvested before it rots?

BTW....it would be a great feature to have a setting that you could allow your neighbors to go and harvest without being hired so that if you aren't able to get to your crops before they rot they can go a head and harvest them for you
I agree on this!! or when we r unable to get in to the game...because servers r down etc...
Old Aug 31 2011, 12:43 PM

Is anyone having issues hiring people to harvest/plow the fields that have been watered? Everytime I try to hire someone for a field that I doubled the growth time, I get a pop up window saying "Farm X had nothing to harvest/plow" when the farm is ready.
Over 7.5 Billion coins
Avid Farmer since September 17,2009
Farm Town Addict!
Old Aug 31 2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
That's a good query. I saw only my red one now and not my brown one, and yes, sometimes I won't want the growth time doubled
You can still use your watering can. It's not as fast but it will work for now. I am sure the devs will give us a way soon enough.

Old Aug 31 2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulcr View Post
Ok...I too had to go back and water now that Raul fixed it...and it worked!!! The harvest times dropped to about 1/2!!! Thank you Raul!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry if this was asked before, but with the grow time reduced by 1/2 does that also reduce the time you have to harvest before the crops rot by 1/2 or do you still have the same original full time to harvest....i.e., if unwatered it takes 1 day to grow you would have 1 day after that before it rots, but if it now only takes 1/2 of a day to grow when watered do you then only have 1/2 day to get it harvested before it rots?

BTW....it would be a great feature to have a setting that you could allow your neighbors to go and harvest without being hired so that if you aren't able to get to your crops before they rot they can go a head and harvest them for you
The time for crops going to waste have increased. Where as a 1 day crop (20 hours) would go bad in 20 hours after being ready is now up to 40 hours when using the new sprinkler. Once your crops are ready you will see the little pop up over your crops that tell you when your crops will waste.

Old Aug 31 2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl62 View Post
what r the newer trees used for? like the big and small Tuscan trees, and the cork oak tree? please help!! thank u!!!
The big and small tuscan trees are not used for anything yet except for decoration. The cork oak trees are for Cork needed for the Fly Rod in the new Fishing Accessories Factory.

Use your chainsaw or ax to harvest the cork. And they take 40 hours (2 days) before being able to harvest again.

Hope this helps. Happy Farming

Old Aug 31 2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinggrace1 View Post
With the new sprinkler, when I go to water my flowers - how can I water my flowers with the brown sprinkler now that I have the red sprinkler? Only the red sprinkler shows up in my toolbox, and it watered my flowers, but it also sped up my crops!
It looks as if you will have to use your watering can instead for now if you only want to water your flowers. OR take your brown one out of storage and put it on a farm, choose to water your flowers, as long as you don't click on the little green guy in the tool belt section, you can keep using the sprinkler from farm to farm. When you get done put it back in storage. Flowers stayed watered for 2 days.

Old Aug 31 2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailpinder View Post
I see that the Clydesdale produces horsehair. Do you need to have the stable? What is the horsehair used for?
Yes you have to have a stable in order to harvest horse hair. The stable will also show up in your Facility Manger. You can harvest horse hair every 2 days (40 hours).

Old Aug 31 2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurlikew View Post
Love the new update! So far, the only thing I see that I don't care for is that although the cork oak trees are chopable, they don't turn into stumps when chopped like the other trees do. This makes planning the layout of my farm a bit difficult. Can this be changed please? I'd rather have ALL chopped trees turn to stumps!

Thanks.
If you will notice the bark of the tree turns to a light brown or yellow color. You are not actually cutting down the tree to make lumber, you you are chopping off the cork from the side of the tree. Logically this makes sense. At least to me.

Hope this helps. Happy Farming.

Old Aug 31 2011, 02:22 PM

Thanks for the upgrades. Well worth waiting for. I especially like the sprinkler, but wish it included fruit/nut trees as well.
Old Aug 31 2011, 02:31 PM
Account Not Linked

"A Farm can only be watered once a day."

I guess I didn't understand this from the first post, having never had the first irrigation tool. I feel slightly cheated.

Sure, it's great, a 4-day crop is now ready in 2 days - and you'd never see the above in-game message.

But when we plant a 12-hour crop, and irrigate them = 6 hour crop.

When we plant a 2-day crop and try to irrigate them, after we plant them, the message above comes up.

So great, now I'm back to having sticky notes, telling me when I can irrigate my field again, so the current crops get some benefit from the tool which costs 95fc (45 for the first tool, 50 for the second).

Note: and no, the fields don't stay irrigate for a full day. We were told we had to use the tool each time we planted, and we have too - just not in the same day.

I have yet to figure out, is that once in the same 20-hour period (1 FT day), or once per calendar day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post

6. Red Mobile Sprinkler also irrigate crops, double growing speed (do not revive crops): If you already own a Brown Mobile Sprinkler you can buy this Red Mobile Sprinkler to irrigate flowers and crops at the same time. Irrigated plants will grow twice as fast and will have a (W) when you mouse over them.

Notice you will not see an immediate change in growth, what will happen is that all crops and flowers in the farm that are still growing will be fully grown twice as fast from that point on.

You can irrigate a plant more than once, but it's growth speed will only double the first time. As before, you can irrigate only once per day. It's OK if someone irrigated your farm that same day.

When you use this tool on other people farms it behaves as if you were using the Brown Sprinkler, growing speed doesn't change.

This tool is an extension of the Brown Mobile Sprinkler, meaning, unlike the Manure Spreaders, you are irrigating the plants, not the farm, so if you plant new ones and you want them to grow twice as fast, you will have to irrigate them after you plant them.

Post Release Changes - Aug 30, 11:15PM EST:

-Brown Sprinkler can now be used to water any farm, not just neighbours farms
-When neighbor irrigate your farm, you can now use the red sprinkler right after that to double plants growth speed
-If you owned the Red Mobile Sprinkler sometimes the Brown Mobile Sprinkler was showing up instead of the Red Mobile Sprinkler
-When using the Red Mobile Sprinkler, sometimes you had to refresh to see the growth speed increased, or after a refresh the increase in growth speed was lost. Some of these issues are now corrected.
Closed Thread