Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Oct 12 2021, 01:47 PM

Default What's wrong?

Why do I have so much trouble with F/T? I spend A lot of money to play this game, And now I can't WHY! Why? I'm getting discourage. What is wrong?
Old Oct 12 2021, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Schofield View Post
Why do I have so much trouble with F/T? I spend A lot of money to play this game, And now I can't WHY! Why? I'm getting discourage. What is wrong?
Hi Betty

I moved your post to the thread about HTML5 as your previous post was moved and answered here in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...78#post6465678

Please describe what happens when you try to load the game.
Also provide your id number, you find it into brackets, in the message above the game screen.
Old Oct 13 2021, 08:56 AM

I have had an ongoing issue for a while and figured someone would report. From time to time, when working someone's facilities (not service), the "mayor" will send me 0 products, and as the system cycles through the remaining farms the routine is - mayor sends products (points are earned), oops you have already worked this farm message appears, and save is delayed and accumulates until all farms are cycled. It gets slower and slower as it moves through the farms.
Old Oct 13 2021, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAXDAW View Post
I have had an ongoing issue for a while and figured someone would report. From time to time, when working someone's facilities (not service), the "mayor" will send me 0 products, and as the system cycles through the remaining farms the routine is - mayor sends products (points are earned), oops you have already worked this farm message appears, and save is delayed and accumulates until all farms are cycled. It gets slower and slower as it moves through the farms.
Hi JAXDAW

How do you work your friends facilities and services? From Wall requests or from their facebook profiles or facebook news feed?

I work from the Wall Requests and sometimes I got the message for "Ooops". It usually happens when not all facilities have products available by the time I worked them.
If I refresh Wall requests, that post is not pink but the link "Click here to help" is purple.

If later, that friend refills all facilities and I try to work them again, then I get the "oops" message for the farms where all facilities were worked earlier and get points and products for the ones refilled which were empty the first time.

I didnt get the problem about getting slower though.

Please be sure all updates are done for your browser and for Windows or Mac in case you use it.
Also, if you open many tabs to work several friends facilities at the same time, try to open less tabs and see if that works for you.

I will copy your post to a closed thread for the developers to check.
Old Oct 15 2021, 04:29 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Angry Black screen

I just purchased this brand new desk top computer and started to play my FT again after a 5yr pause due to health. Now when I go to do ANY fishing that is stacked, my screen goes black!!! I have gone into settings on the comp and made sure everything is checked on for the new HTLM5 or whatever it is called, but it is still happening.
I am getting really upset because it wont stop. How do I fix this, please help me???

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 15 2021, 06:35 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautical Dawn View Post
I just purchased this brand new desk top computer and started to play my FT again after a 5yr pause due to health. Now when I go to do ANY fishing that is stacked, my screen goes black!!! I have gone into settings on the comp and made sure everything is checked on for the new HTLM5 or whatever it is called, but it is still happening.
I am getting really upset because it wont stop. How do I fix this, please help me???
Hi Nautical Dawn,

As it's a new computer, have you checked for and done all your updates on it yet? If not please do those and please make sure that your browser of choice is still showing up to date.

Are you a Windows user or a Mac user?
Windows have been doing a lot of updates lately so if you are a windows user it's worth checking that those are done.

Then please go to the first post on page 1 of this thread and compare the technical specifications in that post to what your computer has and see if it either meets those requirements or is better than those. At the moment it is sounding like you are running out of memory when you try to work the stacked fishing.

You can also see the rest of what is listed in that post to see if anything there helps you. For example if it's only the heavy fishing farms that you are having this happen on, you might want to try the compressed graphics setting and then try only show the waters when you work those and see if that helps.

When you run into a problem, please look in the FT Console beneath your game screen and see if any errors are showing up in there when this happens. If there are please try to copy the first 10 lines of what you see in the console and also the error exactly as it is worded are so we can see what the error is that you may be getting.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Oct 15 2021, 04:19 PM

I'm not sure where to go for this as I've tried notifying Facebook (ugh), but I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issue. When I go to Farmtown, the gaming list is showing up on the right hand side as a "list" which interferes with the FT app - I can't read my neighbors, the icons are ridiculously small and clicking on them doesn't make it any easier to read. I can't go to "full screen" because of the side game list. Is anybody else experiencing this? It's not just FT, it's another game I play, Jigsaw Puzzle as well. Thanks!
Old Oct 15 2021, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittyGirl View Post
I'm not sure where to go for this as I've tried notifying Facebook (ugh), but I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issue. When I go to Farmtown, the gaming list is showing up on the right hand side as a "list" which interferes with the FT app - I can't read my neighbors, the icons are ridiculously small and clicking on them doesn't make it any easier to read. I can't go to "full screen" because of the side game list. Is anybody else experiencing this? It's not just FT, it's another game I play, Jigsaw Puzzle as well. Thanks!
Hi KnittyGirl

Im sorry we missed your post.

We got 2 other complains about this, but non of the moderators were able to reproduce this.
Maybe Facebook is updating something in the server you are on, but the other farmers reporting this, also said they were blocked by Facebook.

If you wish you can contact Support team. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you dont find the automatic response, then please read the following information:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366
Old Oct 15 2021, 07:18 PM

Default game loads and plays for 5 minutes then starts flashing

( 103113192014103 )

i have 3 ids that i play farm town on
i am having issues with only one ... i have given the number above

i start farm town
it loads
i play for about 5 minutes or so
then the game starts flashing different colours and switching between screen shoots

when i reboot the game i get various messages
webgl not supported is a common one

i have checked my browser and it definately says web gl 5 is supported
hardware acceleration is enabled

i have this same issue on 3 different browsers
if i switch between browsers i can get the game to play for a short while
then i have to change browsers again to play for a bit longer

this has been happening now for 3 days

my other two ids do not have this issue

also please note i had to register to this forum
so you might see my name and email from my original registration
but i can not log on to it and i am not receiving the email to reset my password so i created this id
Old Oct 15 2021, 10:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanAOrr View Post
( 103113192014103 )

i have 3 ids that i play farm town on
i am having issues with only one ... i have given the number above

i start farm town
it loads
i play for about 5 minutes or so
then the game starts flashing different colours and switching between screen shoots

when i reboot the game i get various messages
webgl not supported is a common one

i have checked my browser and it definately says web gl 5 is supported
hardware acceleration is enabled

i have this same issue on 3 different browsers
if i switch between browsers i can get the game to play for a short while
then i have to change browsers again to play for a bit longer

this has been happening now for 3 days

my other two ids do not have this issue

also please note i had to register to this forum
so you might see my name and email from my original registration
but i can not log on to it and i am not receiving the email to reset my password so i created this id
Hi Norman,
The flashing is not something caused by the game, but is rather browser related. Farm Town does not have any way to cause the flashing.

When the message says that WebGl is not supported that means your game encountered an error and thinks that the WebGL is not respond. When that happens first try closing your browser for a couple minutes then open it back to Farm Town. That will give it time to clear and reset.
If that does not work try clearing your browser cache, then close and reopn. It will be slower loading the first time as it has to download all the graphics for the game again. Instructions for clearing are in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl