Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Aug 30 2021, 08:13 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschell View Post
I opened a quest this morning and went to search for the items I needed. When I clicked on a needed item it said "no longer needed" I returned to the quest and it was no longer showing. How can I restore? Thanks
Hi kschell,

I have moved your post to the thread about co-op quests as I think that's the type of quest you are asking about.

I'm still seeing the co-op quest you opened this morning which is to Make Air Filter Mask. Is that the one you can't see? Or do you mean that the step your tried to buy is no longer available to buy?
You will also get that message if you try to help someone with their quest step and someone was able to help before you saw it.

If you were buying rather than helping or can not see that quest any more and you have not already done so please just try reloading the game and see if it corrects or shows a check mark for that step.

Old Sep 27 2021, 01:06 AM
Account Not Linked

I have unticked (unchecked) box for product I do not want to start for co-op quest . However it reticks itself and hence I cannot have a spare quest for the next week. Has happened before on and off.
Old Sep 27 2021, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodkay1@bigpond.com View Post
I have unticked (unchecked) box for product I do not want to start for co-op quest . However it reticks itself and hence I cannot have a spare quest for the next week. Has happened before on and off.

Hi rodkay1,

Which Quest are you having problems with?

Could it be a Load quest which could be loaded into more than one type of service facility like your Load Scrambled Eggs Breakfast quest?

Could this be what has happened?

Scrambled Eggs Breakfast can be loaded into the Bed and Breakfast and also the Kids Breakfast Club. When you disable that product in one of those facilities, it will also disable it in the other service facility to prevent it being loaded there as well. What you can't do is only disable it on one of them.

For example, if your quest was to load it into the Bed and Breakfast and you disabled the check mark there. If you then try to add the check mark back for that product in the Kids Breakfast Club the check mark would also be added back for the Bed and Breakfast which would mean that the product would no longer be disabled and would load when using Load All.

Old Sep 28 2021, 06:16 AM
Account Not Linked

I untick it when I hover over last facility to be done in co-op quest. Then I go to facility manager and make sure it is unticked there as well. Therefore it should stay unticked until I need it which is when I would retick it. The quests of course have gone now but will keep an eye out. From memory the last one was avocado butter but cannot be 100%.
Old Sep 28 2021, 06:30 AM

Quote:
I untick it when I hover over last facility to be done in co-op quest. Then I go to facility manager and make sure it is unticked there as well. Therefore it should stay unticked until I need it which is when I would retick it. The quests of course have gone now but will keep an eye out. From memory the last one was avocado butter but cannot be 100%.
Hi rodkay1,

Thank you for the additional information, we will keep an eye out for that one. I've not had any problems using that method myself for other quests.

The only thing I can really suggest is that you reload the game and recheck that the quest step is still unchecked before you start/load your facilities. See if the check mark has gone back on. If it's on again, run memcache, remove the check mark, reload and see if the check mark is added back again. If it is, let us know which quest it is happening with please.

Last edited by Tiger; Sep 28 2021 at 06:35 AM.
Old Oct 04 2021, 06:09 AM
Account Not Linked

It happened again with mackerel run down (taste of Jamaica), kare kare (filipino restaurant) and dutch pancake (taste of netherlands). I have done as advised and check gone for the moment but will I have to keep rechecking every time I refill?
Old Oct 04 2021, 07:24 AM

Quote:
It happened again with mackerel run down (taste of Jamaica), kare kare (filipino restaurant) and dutch pancake (taste of netherlands). I have done as advised and check gone for the moment but will I have to keep rechecking every time I refill?
Hi rodkay1,

I'm unable to reproduce this with any of those products in those facilities, they are all staying unchecked for me whether I remove the check mark from the facility on the farm or via the facility in the facility manager. My own quests are also fine when I have removed the check mark via the quest manager using the last step, but I don't have those particular quests.
  1. Is this only happening with your regular quests or with your co-operative quests as well?
  2. Are you using a saved bookmark to get to the game?
  3. Is the game loaded in any other browser? If it is please close it in the other ones.
  4. Does anyone else have access to your account and may still be logged into it? If they do please ask them to log out and close the browser they were using for it.
  5. If you have access to other accounts to help someone out, please log out of the others and close the browser you were using for it.

Ideally you don't want to be logged into any other accounts or for anyone else to be logged into yours when you remove the check marks.

If it's not that and for example you remove the check mark for the mackerel run down in the taste of Jamaica now, close the facility, then reload the game is the check mark back on?

If you have not already done these, please see if any of them resolve the problem:
  • check that your browser is still up to date and clear the caches/history, then close the browser
  • reopen the browser and if you've been loading the game from a saved bookmark in your browser, try using either the Play FarmTown button at the top of the forum or Facebooks bookmark for the game on the left side of your News Feed so you know that you are in the current version of the game.
  • Then reload the game and try removing a check mark, then reload the game and see if the check mark is immediately back on.

If none of those help, then it's time you reported this to support. To contact Support, click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Please be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/
You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.
If you have any problems finding the automated response to your ticket, please click on the following link for instructions to help you with that: Support Issues - how to find their replies.

I will copy your posts over to the relevant devs thread just incase we or anyone else has the same issues.

Old Today, 12:19 PM

Default Cooperative Quest

I opened my Cooperative Quest last night around 9:15 PM. Tried to open my new Coop Quest about 10:00 AM today and it says I have to wait another 9 hours to open new quest. That would be approximately 24 hours apart. My my user ID # is 1771697109. Your help would be appreciated!

Joan Harpel
Old Today, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammy7plus View Post
I opened my Cooperative Quest last night around 9:15 PM. Tried to open my new Coop Quest about 10:00 AM today and it says I have to wait another 9 hours to open new quest. That would be approximately 24 hours apart. My my user ID # is 1771697109. Your help would be appreciated!

Joan Harpel

Hi Joan

I moved your post to the thread about Cooperative Quests.

You opened a coop quest yesterday at 21:15 eastern time for Load Nicaraguan Tripe Soup and another cooperative quest this morning at 10:18 eastern time for Make Guava Bocadillo

Tags
co-op quests, coop quests, cooperative quest, cooperative quests, help notes