Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 22 2010, 10:29 AM
Account Not Linked

A big thanks to everyone at Slaskey for responding so quickly everything works fine made my first batch of sugar today! You are great!
Old Mar 22 2010, 10:59 AM
Account Not Linked

Red face Don't quite understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi There,

We just released a new version of FarmTown which contains support for new facilities. These facilities will allow you to produce additional goods out of the harvested products in your farm. We created a new section in the store named 'Facilities', where we put all the buildings in the game that produce any kind of goods. In addition to the buildings that allow you to harvest the animals, now you have:

1. Red Windmill – Produces Flour
2. Stone Windmill – Produces Flour Faster
3. Sugar Refinery – Produces Sugar
4. Dairy Processing Plant – Produces Cheese, Goat Cheese, and Butter

You can only have one type of facility per farm that will actually produce goods, although you can have several other instances of the same type of facility for decorative purposes.

To access facility details, just click on the corresponding facility in your farm, and select the first option in the menu, 'Show Facility Details'.

Every facility has two sections:

1. Things To Produce: Here you can see a list of the products that you can produce on that facility. Each product displays information like batch size, batch sell-price, and production time. If you click on the help icon (?), you will see what’s required to produce that product.

2. What’s Cooking: This section provides information about all the products that are currently being produced by your facility, how many are pending, and how many are done and ready to be placed on your storage to be sold later on. Although different types of facilities can be producing goods at the same time, any given facility can only have one batch per product type in production at any given time.

As part of this release, you can now also harvest the cows and goats every 8 hours, instead of the 3 days that we had before, which will allow you to store more milk per day to be used on the Dairy Processing Plant.

Enjoy!

Thanks,

--Raul
Hi Raul, Do we have to buy the animals, cows,sheep,hens,llamas etc for these facilities? and if yes where do we put them? because once bought you can't put animals into storage and they wont go in the barns etc...thanks
Old Mar 22 2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloise8 View Post
A big thanks to everyone at Slaskey for responding so quickly everything works fine made my first batch of sugar today! You are great!
Thanks for letting us know. I'm pleased it's working for you now.
Old Mar 22 2010, 11:44 AM
Account Not Linked

I am a level 80 farmer in FarmTown. I calculate what is the best way to make money with the various crops, trees, and animals. I have what is called a "daily yield ratio" figure by which I'm able to determine what is the best use of my time, land, and money to invest in. The recent Facilities updates that use Cow Milk are simply not worth the time.

The reason I say that is because by the time you divide the number of units (20 units & 6 units respectively) it takes to create one unit of Butter or Cheese, you lose money in the process of doing so. In order for your unit cost to beat selling the Cow Milk itself directly, Butter would need to sell at $2041 per output unit (currently at $140 per output unit), if you had 20 cows. Or if you wanted to to sell Cheese you would need to sell each Cheese unit at $625 per output unit (currently at $600 per output unit), if you had 6 cows. So don't waste your time trying to produce butter and cheese. It will put you behind.

However, if you have at least 8 goats, it it still worth your time to produce Goat Cheese. The Sugar production from Sugarcane is definitely worth your time.
Old Mar 22 2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop73 View Post
I am a level 80 farmer in FarmTown. I calculate what is the best way to make money with the various crops, trees, and animals. I have what is called a "daily yield ratio" figure by which I'm able to determine what is the best use of my time, land, and money to invest in. The recent Facilities updates that use Cow Milk are simply not worth the time.

The reason I say that is because by the time you divide the number of units (20 units & 6 units respectively) it takes to create one unit of Butter or Cheese, you lose money in the process of doing so. In order for your unit cost to beat selling the Cow Milk itself directly, Butter would need to sell at $2041 per output unit (currently at $140 per output unit), if you had 20 cows. Or if you wanted to to sell Cheese you would need to sell each Cheese unit at $625 per output unit (currently at $600 per output unit), if you had 6 cows. So don't waste your time trying to produce butter and cheese. It will put you behind.

However, if you have at least 8 goats, it it still worth your time to produce Goat Cheese. The Sugar production from Sugarcane is definitely worth your time.
You can put everything into production at once, so I am not sure what you mean by the time it takes to put into production.
Old Mar 22 2010, 12:14 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Thanks DTRD...I knew I could count on you :-)
~ MYSPACE ~
Farm Town
Level 238

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 22 2010, 12:28 PM
Account Not Linked

Thank you so much for the updates..You guys rock! Thank you also for fixing the facilities in mayspace so quick..I really love them..Are you guys planning anything for easter? I hope so!
Old Mar 22 2010, 12:33 PM

OK.. guess I'm stupid, but I don't see how I can sell anything from my facilities. I pumped about 1000 milk into the dairy, and nothing is happening?? So how do you get the butter, cheese & sell it???
Old Mar 22 2010, 12:36 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

ok for the post under face book, my account is under myspace not facebook

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 22 2010, 12:42 PM
Account Not Linked

I'm also having a problem - how do you process? Not sure what it means by asking for another cow milk
Closed Thread

Tags
facilities