Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 23 2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post
It takes 10 wheat to make one batch of 5 units of flour. If you have 135 pending then you loaded 270 wheat.
Well, that explains that!!! Thanks Mr. H. Isn't this the same equation they used to show that an expenditure of 2.1 Trillion was somehow going to reduce the national deficit??
Old Mar 23 2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post
I've actually had quite a bit of fun with the new facilities.
Me too, 'tis great to have new things to do on the farm.
Old Mar 24 2010, 12:29 AM

I absolutely love the new facilities...but...the time is waaay too long for the sugar, cheese, and goat cheese. It's really ridiculously out of whack for timing. Please reduce these times.
Old Mar 24 2010, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietJan View Post
I absolutely love the new facilities...but...the time is waaay too long for the sugar, cheese, and goat cheese. It's really ridiculously out of whack for timing. Please reduce these times.
Hi QuietJan, Taking the sugar cane as an example :- Sugarcane sells for 133 coins - if you put 10 in the facility you will get 200 for it. This represent a pure profit of 670 coins every 2 hours. Given that you can load over 8 days (not sure of the upper limit) worth of sugarcane into the facility and have it generating around 8,000 coins extra a day for you, I think it is great.

Last edited by Tony D; Mar 24 2010 at 12:50 AM.
Old Mar 24 2010, 04:29 AM
Account Not Linked

Default sugar

The sugar refinery is a terrible awful idea for anyone with a large crop. The stupid thing takes 2 hours for 10 squares to process. I had 1010 squares and it hasnt even gotten past the 900s and its been at least one day. 2 hours for 10 crops thats 20 hours for 100 squares and I have 1010!!! thats 100 hours... WHAT, about 5 days!? I would have been better off just planting pineapples than wasting my time with something so terrible. I am far too impatient for that nonsense and would have made more of a profit just re-planting sugar cane. My honest opinion is the facilities are worthless in large number.

thats all I do enojoy other things about farm town tho
Old Mar 24 2010, 04:54 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Why is everyone in such a terrible rush - just let the things process away - if you have excess sugar or milk and can't be bothered waiting - just sell it. It's just an option - and a very exciting one I think. I'm grateful for it - gives a new dimension to the game.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 24 2010, 05:45 AM
Account Not Linked

Default new facilities

HOW do you make coins or points using the new facilities? i keep using them but not seeing any coins or points for it. i cant find any info on how this works?
Old Mar 24 2010, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandie1029 View Post
The sugar refinery is a terrible awful idea for anyone with a large crop. The stupid thing takes 2 hours for 10 squares to process. I had 1010 squares and it hasnt even gotten past the 900s and its been at least one day. 2 hours for 10 crops thats 20 hours for 100 squares and I have 1010!!! thats 100 hours... WHAT, about 5 days!? I would have been better off just planting pineapples than wasting my time with something so terrible. I am far too impatient for that nonsense and would have made more of a profit just re-planting sugar cane. My honest opinion is the facilities are worthless in large number.

thats all I do enojoy other things about farm town tho
Hi Mandie, what you have described is the great thing about the refinery. Buy putting the sugarcane in the refinery you are making an additional 67 coins per plot than if you had just sold the sugarcane ( around 7,000 a day) and for the next 5 days you can plant whatever you want in your field while the refinery is working away in the background making you money. The 1,000 plots will make you an additional 67,000 coins and 100 xps - I personally would not call that worthless.
Old Mar 24 2010, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Granny View Post
HOW do you make coins or points using the new facilities? i keep using them but not seeing any coins or points for it. i cant find any info on how this works?
Hi, for every batch you produce in the refinery you receive 1 xp. You receive the coins from what is produced in the refinery when you send the finished product (sugar,flour etc) to storage and then sell it.
Old Mar 24 2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
Hi Mandie, what you have described is the great thing about the refinery. Buy putting the sugarcane in the refinery you are making an additional 67 coins per plot than if you had just sold the sugarcane ( around 7,000 a day) and for the next 5 days you can plant whatever you want in your field while the refinery is working away in the background making you money. The 1,000 plots will make you an additional 67,000 coins and 100 xps - I personally would not call that worthless.
But mandie is right to have to wait 5 days just to make an extra 67 coins per plot is a waste of time. if you plant peppers twice over 4 days you make a lot more coin for a day less I think it is a waste of time too.

Peppers 378 per plot over 2 days so 4 days is 756 and a day less instead of 178 over 5 days.

River Island
Light House Lane
Down Town
Wine and Dandy
Hill Top Green
Fresh Fields
Seventh Heaven Dairy
The Gr-eight Escape

Farming Since September 2009
Closed Thread

Tags
facilities