Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jan 04 2019, 08:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Girl View Post
I too am experiencing the horrible lag within the game. I cannot run the wall for any length of time because it takes so long for farms to load - even with everything turned off. S/N farms I use to be able to do in little time take forever if there are flowers on the farm (not wall to wall - ANY flowers). Watering flowers - on anyone's farms is almost a 5 minute process waiting for the sprinkler to complete it's job. Saves climb for no apparent reason, and never go down. I have a good computer and Internet. I am on Chat Server: F3, Farm Server: w205. As the others, I have cleared my meme cache, browser cookies, and yet I still have to reboot my computer multiple times during a day when playing. I do not expect a solution from here or support - they have been trying to solve another problem I have within the game for months, and nothing. I just wanted SlashKey to know that the problem is more widespread than they might realize..
Hi Early Girl,
I am on the same servers and am not experiencing this. Having to reboot your computer several times a day sounds more like your problem is within your computer or your browser. Instead of rebooting your computer just try shutting down your browser, wait a couple minutes for it to release the memory and then open it again.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 08 2019, 12:56 PM

over night farmtown became extremely slow. When trying to refresh it keeps saying slashkey is not responding or did not respond fast enough. How many years before this gets fixed?
Old Jan 08 2019, 01:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnordy View Post
over night farmtown became extremely slow. When trying to refresh it keeps saying slashkey is not responding or did not respond fast enough. How many years before this gets fixed?
Hi mnordy,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the game running slow.
Please try all the suggestions in the first post of this thread. Also try the suggestions in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=627590

If none of that helps then it could be you are having an internet problem. There are many links be tween you and the Facebook app server and more links between there and the Farm Town servers. Unfortunately we have no way of checking those or getting them fixed if there is a problem. The only thing you can do for those is to wait until the problem clears up.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 13 2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
- We made a change to the game to be able to collect more information when Flash fails in the browser, but this may have some unknown/negative side effects, if you experience any new issues please let us know on this thread.
I've noticed for the last week or two, if I've been playing for a while, the game starts to slow right down and updates start to lag (so you have to keep waiting for the red update count to clear). If I look in Windows task manager, Firefox is using more and more memory. If I shut down Firefox, and start over again, everything is fine. I don't know if this is connected with the change that has been made, but it seems possible.
Old Feb 13 2019, 08:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave L View Post
I've noticed for the last week or two, if I've been playing for a while, the game starts to slow right down and updates start to lag (so you have to keep waiting for the red update count to clear). If I look in Windows task manager, Firefox is using more and more memory. If I shut down Firefox, and start over again, everything is fine. I don't know if this is connected with the change that has been made, but it seems possible.
Hi Dave L,
I moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread about the game running slow. As the addition you are talking about was only added a week ago, I doubt that is the reason for your slowdowns. I also use Firefox and there has been at least 1 update from them in the last couple weeks. Firefox claimed a while back that they have reduced the amount of memory required, but I think the opposite has happened as I see what you do. I shutdown my Firefox and restart it several times during the day, specially after having workers harvest and plow several farms for me.
What the addition that Farm Town added is looking for data on Flash crashes, so if you are experiencing the crashes that addition will not affect you.
Old Feb 18 2019, 08:58 PM

farm Town is running slow tonight. Was running fine this afternoon.

Farming since April 26 2009
Old Feb 18 2019, 09:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
farm Town is running slow tonight. Was running fine this afternoon.
Hi Tom C,
It isn't running slow here. It could just be a slowdown on one of the many links between you and your Facebook app server or between there and the Farm Town servers.
Check the suggestions in the first post of this thread as well as the ones in the first post of the following thread link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=627590
Old Feb 23 2019, 02:53 PM

Default Speed

Speed is very poor for fishing big farms.
Old Feb 23 2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandielm View Post
Speed is very poor for fishing big farms.
Hi sandielm

I moved your post to the thread for your problem.

Please try hidding everything on the farms but Ponds and see if that helps you.

You can also try suggestions given in the first post, first page of this thread, but the more water items they have on the farm it could be more difficult and slow to work them.
Old Apr 04 2019, 01:48 PM

Default Slow loading

Today the entire game is loading soooo slow as are all components. Facilities, farms, tools, etc. I have cleared memcahe, browser history and rebooted my computer as well as router. Nothing seems to help. Is it just me or are there problems with the game servers?

Tags
slow, slow game, slow loading, slow saving