Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #71  
Old Sep 06 2020, 05:02 PM
marymarcel's Avatar
marymarcel marymarcel is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 30 2009
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 14,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasStar View Post
I am a super neighbor, and have been granted permission to manage my neighbor's trains. When I go to her farm and open the train manager in the tool box on bottom left side of screen, it says she has no trains to boost (which is correct) and when I click on Boost Others' Trains it says there are none (which is incorrect - there are two waiting that show in her Train manger when she checks. I followed proper procedure all day yesterday and again now. I also cleared Memcache and tried again with same result. She was able to send the boosts last night as always. There are two new ones today.

I wonder if it is because the train that needs boosting is mine?
Hi TexasStar

You say there are 2 new trains today, are both from you?

We have checked this new feature for the game and it was working correctly, but non trains we boosted were from ourselves. We will try to check that.

Also, did you both clear your memcache?
  #72  
Old Sep 06 2020, 05:21 PM
Alexm2012 Alexm2012 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 28 2012
Posts: 116
Default

the new train management shows my friend has no boosters but she isnt online and it isnt working she does have boosters in her request? i know this is new but is it still in BETA Testing?
  #73  
Old Sep 06 2020, 05:29 PM
Taz D's Avatar
Taz D Taz D is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Location: Ace, Tx
Posts: 26,666
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexm2012 View Post
the new train management shows my friend has no boosters but she isnt online and it isnt working she does have boosters in her request? i know this is new but is it still in BETA Testing?
Hi Alex,
I am not sure I am understanding what you are asking. What do you mean by boosters? Are you referring to trains waiting for her to boost from others?
If she isn't on line how do you know she has trains waiting for her to boost? Are they your trains that are waiting?
__________________
Taz
Dubh Glais Estates
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
  #74  
Old Sep 06 2020, 06:33 PM
Taz D's Avatar
Taz D Taz D is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Location: Ace, Tx
Posts: 26,666
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexm2012 View Post
the new train management shows my friend has no boosters but she isnt online and it isnt working she does have boosters in her request? i know this is new but is it still in BETA Testing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasStar View Post
I am a super neighbor, and have been granted permission to manage my neighbor's trains. When I go to her farm and open the train manager in the tool box on bottom left side of screen, it says she has no trains to boost (which is correct) and when I click on Boost Others' Trains it says there are none (which is incorrect - there are two waiting that show in her Train manger when she checks. I followed proper procedure all day yesterday and again now. I also cleared Memcache and tried again with same result. She was able to send the boosts last night as always. There are two new ones today.

I wonder if it is because the train that needs boosting is mine?
Hi Texas Star and Alexm,
We have tested this and you can not boost your own trains. We have asked for clarification from Raul on this just to make sure.
__________________
Taz
Dubh Glais Estates
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
  #75  
Old Sep 06 2020, 06:38 PM
TexasStar TexasStar is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 11 2010
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi TexasStar

You say there are 2 new trains today, are both from you?

We have checked this new feature for the game and it was working correctly, but non trains we boosted were from ourselves. We will try to check that.

Also, did you both clear your memcache?
We both cleared Memcache today and yesterday. I asked a mutual friend to send her a boost ... I was able to manage it fine. The 2 boosts I sent are still not showing (yes, new ones sent this morning). Because the other person's boost worked properly, I know my farm is working okay and definitely am not asking for this to be changed Thanks!
  #76  
Old Sep 06 2020, 06:40 PM
marymarcel's Avatar
marymarcel marymarcel is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 30 2009
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 14,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasStar View Post
We both cleared Memcache today and yesterday. I asked a mutual friend to send her a boost ... I was able to manage it fine. The 2 boosts I sent are still not showing (yes, new ones sent this morning). Because the other person's boost worked properly, I know my farm is working okay and definitely am not asking for this to be changed Thanks!
Hi TexasStar

We were able to reproduce what you said about boosting our own trains as supernieghbors.
We have emailed the developers for clarification.
Thanks
  #77  
Old Sep 06 2020, 06:46 PM
TexasStar TexasStar is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 11 2010
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Texas Star and Alexm,
We have tested this and you can not boost your own trains. We have asked for clarification from Raul on this just to make sure.
Thanks! I did some additional testing (response to Mary above) but had to enlist some help to get other boosts to test. As far as I am concerned it is fine the way it is. Just wanted to be sure my farm was functioning properly
  #78  
Old Sep 06 2020, 08:05 PM
Tom C Tom C is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 30 2009
Posts: 179
Default

I know that for some reason ever since we have at the icon that lets us manage trains, it sometimes is not correct. It will say I have 2 trains to boost and when i go to boost the 2 trains i will have 3. One time it said I had no trains but out of habit I click the boost others trains and there was several waiting on. I never reported it because it was no big deal to me I went years with out boosting any ones trains because I seldom do gifts. Only do gifts when there is something like a new tree or flower I need.
__________________
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5203&farm_ix=Y

Farming since April 26 2009
  #79  
Old Sep 06 2020, 08:19 PM
Taz D's Avatar
Taz D Taz D is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Location: Ace, Tx
Posts: 26,666
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
I know that for some reason ever since we have at the icon that lets us manage trains, it sometimes is not correct. It will say I have 2 trains to boost and when i go to boost the 2 trains i will have 3. One time it said I had no trains but out of habit I click the boost others trains and there was several waiting on. I never reported it because it was no big deal to me I went years with out boosting any ones trains because I seldom do gifts. Only do gifts when there is something like a new tree or flower I need.
Hi Tom C,
Not everything can be updated immediately, so if it shows 2 trains and you find 3 there when you look that just means it hadn't had time to update the counter. If everything was updated instantly then all of the work we do would be slowed down and we don't want that.
__________________
Taz
Dubh Glais Estates
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
  #80  
Old Sep 06 2020, 10:32 PM
Taz D's Avatar
Taz D Taz D is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Location: Ace, Tx
Posts: 26,666
Default SN Train Boosting

Raul has added the following in the release about boosting trains for your neighbors:
***Notice that in this case you can not boost your own trains.***
__________________
Taz
Dubh Glais Estates
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 PM.