Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Oct 31 2020, 12:28 PM

thank you for the new stuffies, Raul and Team!! Keep Safe and Stay Well!!
Old Oct 31 2020, 12:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Girl View Post
Thanks for the update. Seems like a bonus with 2 of them in October. I have a question, why is the Turbo Metal Mill not workable - or is there something wrong with mine. I understand why the other Turbo facs aren't, since their corresponding ones aren't either, but this one is. Thanks and Happy Halloween
Hi Early Girl,
It is workable. It doesn't cost you coins for filling it as it uses the ores from your storage.

EDIT: We have tested this and you are right it is not workable at this time. Developers are working on fixing this.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Oct 31 2020 at 01:05 PM.
Old Oct 31 2020, 01:21 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Hi Everyone,

Update from Raul.
It's always good practice to reload the game when a fix has been released, so if you haven't already done so, it's worth doing to make sure you get the fix:

Post Release Updates - October 31st, 2:10PM

- BugFix: The Turbo Metal Mill was not workable by others.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Last edited by Tiger; Oct 31 2020 at 01:25 PM.
Old Oct 31 2020, 02:23 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Thanks Raul and thank you for all the Turbo facilities, they sure make our life a little easier, y'all take care hurricane season is not over yet...
Old Oct 31 2020, 03:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Raul has posted an update on the migration of Farm Town. Thanks for the update Raul.

Post Release Updates - October 31st, 3:45PM

- Migration Update:

About 2 years ago, July 2017, the migration team started the conversion of the game from Flash to HTML5. The project was by all standards fairly big, we had about 150,000 lines of flash code and more than 6,000 graphics that had to be converted to the new platform.

Our first approach was a manual approach and we spent several months on it but later realized that we will never going to catch up on time, especially since the main team had to continue releasing new features.

The second approach, which is what we are currently doing, was to create the tools to automate the migration process as much as possible. We finished those tools a few months ago and the initial tests were really encouraging.

The conversion of all graphic items to the new format went according to plan, just minor issues that were fixed relatively quickly.

However, the conversion of the flash code to the new programming language was not as smooth, there were lot of areas where the automatic translation did not work out of the box, and that was fine, it was expected in a big project like this, what we did not expect was that fixing some of those areas would actually be time consuming and error prone, it required more profound changes to implement on the new programming language what we had done in flash.

At this point, we are expecting to release the HTML5 version of the game by the end of the year, however, it will be a restricted version, it should include at least all farming tools and main facility functionality, hopefully more than that but it's difficult to know at this point exactly which functionality will be included. However, we think we have cleared the major hurdles already and we are moving fast, we should have the bulk of the functionality of the game migrated and tested in 1 or 2 months after the first version.

We are also planning by the end of November to give access to moderators and other long time players to test the restricted version of the game.

The good news is that the game will definitely be a better game, the graphics in the farm will look better and the farm will display and operate faster. Also, moving forward we are planning to enable access to the game from browsers in tablets as well.

We will provide another update in the next release.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 31 2020, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Raul has posted an update on the migration of Farm Town. Thanks for the update Raul.

Post Release Updates - October 31st, 3:45PM

- Migration Update:

About 2 years ago, July 2017, the migration team started the conversion of the game from Flash to HTML5. The project was by all standards fairly big, we had about 150,000 lines of flash code and more than 6,000 graphics that had to be converted to the new platform.

Our first approach was a manual approach and we spent several months on it but later realized that we will never going to catch up on time, especially since the main team had to continue releasing new features.

The second approach, which is what we are currently doing, was to create the tools to automate the migration process as much as possible. We finished those tools a few months ago and the initial tests were really encouraging.

The conversion of all graphic items to the new format went according to plan, just minor issues that were fixed relatively quickly.

However, the conversion of the flash code to the new programming language was not as smooth, there were lot of areas where the automatic translation did not work out of the box, and that was fine, it was expected in a big project like this, what we did not expect was that fixing some of those areas would actually be time consuming and error prone, it required more profound changes to implement on the new programming language what we had done in flash.

At this point, we are expecting to release the HTML5 version of the game by the end of the year, however, it will be a restricted version, it should include at least all farming tools and main facility functionality, hopefully more than that but it's difficult to know at this point exactly which functionality will be included. However, we think we have cleared the major hurdles already and we are moving fast, we should have the bulk of the functionality of the game migrated and tested in 1 or 2 months after the first version.

We are also planning by the end of November to give access to moderators and other long time players to test the restricted version of the game.

The good news is that the game will definitely be a better game, the graphics in the farm will look better and the farm will display and operate faster. Also, moving forward we are planning to enable access to the game from browsers in tablets as well.

We will provide another update in the next release.

To Raul & Team (Devs & Mods)

This is excellent news... I have been playing this game since Feb 7th, 2009, and I am volunteering my time as a 'long time player to test the restricted version of the game'... I am a Mac user (MacBook Pro) & (MacBook Air), I also have a Mini iPad, so I would be able to test the game on 3 different devices... I also have a 20" iMac Desktop but it is as old as FarmTown is (11 yrs) and I doubt it would be powerful enough to test on it... but, nevertheless, I could always try...

As I said I am willing to lend my time for testing... I am alone (my hubby passed away 5 months ago, not from covid) and because of the covid-19 I rarely go out (I am 67 yrs old) and have all the time in the world... I know most of the ins & outs of the game, tricks etc...

Take Care, Stay Safe... Love this game, hopefully the migration will not cause too much of a headache to the Team, but you ALL are the best so I have full confidence...

Hoping to hear from you soon...

Farming since February 7, 2009
Level 1200+
Farms 1-39 @46x46
Farm 40 @50x50
Farms 41 @42x42 & 42 @36x36

SHELL VALLEY Properties
Old Oct 31 2020, 04:21 PM

Level:
XP:
Talking Brown Horse

While updating graphics during the migration - any chance of improving the look of the brown horse? Just a thought.

And best of luck with the migration!

Last edited by Kathy813; Oct 31 2020 at 07:41 PM.
Old Oct 31 2020, 05:35 PM

You all are ROCK STARS!! Thank you!
Old Oct 31 2020, 06:11 PM

Default Cannot Wait

Thanks Team, Raul and anyone else working on the migration and keeping us informed. Also thanks for all the new factories. I am so looking forward to this new version as I am unable to play right now due to my computer having Flash embedded. I am working on my own farms trying to get them ready for the release and am sending gifts daily to my few faithful friends who have stuck with me through all my problems. I will probably never catch up to them but they don't care, they remain loyal.

Thanks again to all and please stay safe!!!

Pennie
Old Oct 31 2020, 09:58 PM

Level:
XP:
Smile Great update

Thanks, Raul, et al, you have kept me playing this game for over 11 years! I am a 1200 level player, working full-time, and use FT play time to unwind. I look forward to the updates and am excited about the migration!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Last edited by fremmons; Oct 31 2020 at 10:03 PM. Reason: correction
Closed Thread