Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old May 15 2017, 03:11 PM

Any ideas when they are going to get this game up and running smoothly again? They royally mucked it up with this release. Game crashes, freezes, gift returns only work sometimes, etc. What a mess and completely taking the joy out of the game.
Old May 15 2017, 07:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatgig View Post
Any ideas when they are going to get this game up and running smoothly again? They royally mucked it up with this release. Game crashes, freezes, gift returns only work sometimes, etc. What a mess and completely taking the joy out of the game.
Hi Greatgig,
I moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread about loading problems. Please try all the suggestions in the first post of this thread including the ones in the links in that post.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 16 2017, 10:13 AM

Default Windows 10

just got a new rig with Windows 10 and cannot access Farmtown. I've installed Flash Player as instructed but no joy. Anybody help out there
Old May 16 2017, 10:16 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigTH View Post
just got a new rig with Windows 10 and cannot access Farmtown. I've installed Flash Player as instructed but no joy. Anybody help out there
Hi CraigTH,

Please go to the first post on the first page of this thread. Try the suggestions there and the ones in the links in that post.
Old May 16 2017, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Qivis,
If I am understanding you correctly you are getting the green screen when you switch to another of your farms after loading Farm Town? Or are you not able to load Farm Town at all?
Have you tried shutting down your router and restarting it? The router can get corrupted files in it too. By shutting down you remove those and require the host ISP to reload those files new to remove any corruption.
I did this the day before this started happening because I was troubleshooting a problem with my internet in general. It turned out to be my mobo network management software and not either the router or modem. But I still get a green screen for several seconds whenever there is something ready to be worked on a farm - even though I removed the network management to get my 70 Mbps download speed back. It should also be noted that many of my Super neighbors (who are afraid to come to the forum or report issues) claimed they could not work for me before they figured out they just needed to wait several moments between farms. And many people are claiming on the Facebook wall in general that Farm Town is not working at all based on this and similar problems!

I've also checked the temperatures of my CPU and GPU and they are 28c and 32c respectively, so it's unlikely that it is a hardware issue.

Clear FT Cache
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager (2nd tab from the right to delete all sites)
http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives!
Old May 16 2017, 12:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
I did this the day before this started happening because I was troubleshooting a problem with my internet in general. It turned out to be my mobo network management software and not either the router or modem. But I still get a green screen for several seconds whenever there is something ready to be worked on a farm - even though I removed the network management to get my 70 Mbps download speed back. It should also be noted that many of my Super neighbors (who are afraid to come to the forum or report issues) claimed they could not work for me before they figured out they just needed to wait several moments between farms. And many people are claiming on the Facebook wall in general that Farm Town is not working at all based on this and similar problems!

I've also checked the temperatures of my CPU and GPU and they are 28c and 32c respectively, so it's unlikely that it is a hardware issue.
Hi Qivis,
You will get the green screen as you change betrween farms as that is the time needed to load what is on that farm. I see the green screen too, but only for a few seconds. I would guess that the more on the farm then the longer it will take to load. Since I don't do any of the layering or staggered fields then my farms load faster.
I don't think there is any reason not to come to the forums to report a prolem as the more information we get the easier it is for the developers to narrow down the area they need to look at to find the solution. If we do not have the information then how can we tell the developers there is a problem? We can't base what we pass on to just one or two reports in the forums. So the more who report in detail what the problem is the easier to fix if possible.
As you well know there are many things that can affect playing a game on the internet. From background programs (your network management program), to slow computers, to internet problems between link servers, to Facebook servers, and game servers.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 16 2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Qivis,
You will get the green screen as you change betrween farms as that is the time needed to load what is on that farm. I see the green screen too, but only for a few seconds. I would guess that the more on the farm then the longer it will take to load. Since I don't do any of the layering or staggered fields then my farms load faster.
I don't think there is any reason not to come to the forums to report a prolem as the more information we get the easier it is for the developers to narrow down the area they need to look at to find the solution. If we do not have the information then how can we tell the developers there is a problem? We can't base what we pass on to just one or two reports in the forums. So the more who report in detail what the problem is the easier to fix if possible.
As you well know there are many things that can affect playing a game on the internet. From background programs (your network management program), to slow computers, to internet problems between link servers, to Facebook servers, and game servers.
Thanks for getting back to me. Many of the friends who are afraid to come here or to report things are not as computer savvy as you and I and are more afraid of looking unintelligent if they do than genuinely afraid of anything else. And many of them DO have 6 or more overlapping layers on their jumbo farms. I think in my case it may be the shear size of the farms that slows things down more than anything else. I do plant the largest farms with shorter term crops, so I suppose my solution of limiting which farms I make full sized is probably best.

Clear FT Cache
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager (2nd tab from the right to delete all sites)
http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives!
Old May 16 2017, 02:55 PM

I cannot get play Farm Town since the new changes. Have done everything. No virus problems. Says Flash Player is there but not installed. Help I enjoy this game. I can get into my gifts, can gift others, can see my neighbor list everything but cannot play.

Last edited by morningglory25-04//; May 16 2017 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Too short.
Old May 16 2017, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningglory25-04// View Post
I cannot get play Farm Town since the new changes. Have done everything. No virus problems. Says Flash Player is there but not installed. Help I enjoy this game. I can get into my gifts, can gift others, can see my neighbor list everything but cannot play.
Hi morningglory

I moved your post to the thread for your problem.

Please try all suggestions given in the first post, first page of this thread.

If you are using Google chrome as your browser, perhaps Flash may not be set to active, please follow the instructions in the following link:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=627898

If you are using another browser, then check if Flash is set to Active.

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009

Last edited by marymarcel; May 16 2017 at 03:44 PM.
Old May 17 2017, 02:45 PM
Account Not Linked

Thanks for your reply! I found I don't have the problem if I have Slashkey on a separate tab, even if not logged into it. I do not know what that's about, but at least it's working!

Tags
boost train, cannot load game, connecting to mainframe, error saving data x025, farm not loading, farm town not loading, farm town wont load, flash player, flash player issues, flashing red and green, green screen, loading error, loading issues, saving data, shockwave, shockwave flash, u00 error, white screen, x025 error