Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old May 24 2019, 05:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkette68104 View Post
I am having trouble on my gifting tab. once on the tab cannot send gifts out and then I need to reboot how can i get it to workd
Hi dorkette,
I moved your post to the Help & Support section thread about gift problems as you are not making a suggestion for the game. The Suggestions section is only for suggesting things to improve the game and not for posting problems.
If you are using Firefox there is a problem with Firefox browsers latest update. It it not allowing the friends lists to show for either gifting or train boosting. If you are using that browser you will have to use another browser for those for the time being. At this time we do not know if this will be corrected by them releasing a future browser update.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 24 2019, 05:25 PM
Account Not Linked

I'm not able to send gifts to friends that have farmtown installed, for the last two days. I've tried everything, even deleted flash and reinstalled. Only about 10 friends on my list even play any more, so they're the only ones I send to. I select which gift to send, then next screen just shows the gift on the left side, and the rest is white. The list of friends doesn't open.
Old May 24 2019, 05:29 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcowgrl View Post
I'm not able to send gifts to friends that have farmtown installed, for the last two days. I've tried everything, even deleted flash and reinstalled. Only about 10 friends on my list even play any more, so they're the only ones I send to. I select which gift to send, then next screen just shows the gift on the left side, and the rest is white. The list of friends doesn't open.
Hi okcowgrl,

There is a problem with Firefox browsers latest update. It it not allowing the friends lists to show for either gifting or train boosting. If you are using that browser you will have to use another browser for those for the time being. At this time we do not know if this will be corrected by them releasing a future browser update.
Old May 24 2019, 05:56 PM

As of 2 days ago if I use the My Requests link and except gifts and then send gifts the game freezes up and I have to leave it and come back. If I use the Send Gifts link the pop up window to choose friends does not appear. This occurs in Firefox and Windows Edge both. I suspect it is a flash player problem as Google chrome adds Farmtown Flash Enabler and I can send gifts. How do I get Firefox and Edge to allow me to send gifts?
Old May 24 2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandkids2 View Post
As of 2 days ago if I use the My Requests link and except gifts and then send gifts the game freezes up and I have to leave it and come back. If I use the Send Gifts link the pop up window to choose friends does not appear. This occurs in Firefox and Windows Edge both. I suspect it is a flash player problem as Google chrome adds Farmtown Flash Enabler and I can send gifts. How do I get Firefox and Edge to allow me to send gifts?
Hi grandkids2,

There is a problem with Firefox browsers latest update. It is not allowing the friends lists to show for either gifting or train boosting. At this time we do not know if this will be corrected by them releasing a future browser update. Edge will not load the lists either as there is no way to allow cookies/popups. Internet Explorer won't load the lists either.

You will have to use another browser for those for the time being. Which one is entirely up to you.
Old May 24 2019, 08:15 PM

Default Problem with Gift Sending

When I get ready to send gifts I can select the gift, but when I go to the farmer list it is blank. I do not know if this is a problem right now or if there is a way to get my farmer list back. Help!
Old May 24 2019, 08:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyinlife View Post
When I get ready to send gifts I can select the gift, but when I go to the farmer list it is blank. I do not know if this is a problem right now or if there is a way to get my farmer list back. Help!
Hi Joyinlife,
I moved your post to the subject thread about gifts.
There is a problem with Firefox browsers latest update. It it not allowing the friends lists to show for either gifting or train boosting. If you are using that browser you will have to use another browser for those for the time being. At this time we do not know if this will be corrected by them releasing a future browser update.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 25 2019, 10:11 AM

Default can't send gifts back to neighbors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi dnreynolds,

I do not use Firefox. My browser is Edge. The friends list shows, but that hasn't worked for ages .. gave up on that. I go to the receive gifts from neighbors tab, and am now unable to return gifts now, which I have been doing until just this past week.

farm link: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...123&farm_ix=12
Old May 25 2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnreynolds View Post
I do not use Firefox. My browser is Edge. The friends list shows, but that hasn't worked for ages .. gave up on that. I go to the receive gifts from neighbors tab, and am now unable to return gifts now, which I have been doing until just this past week.

farm link: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...123&farm_ix=12
Hi dnreynolds,

I'm sorry but both Edge and IE have problems with gifting. I am not sure why you were able to return gifts using Edge and via My Requests as that was broken as well at some point. It may well be that that browser has updated recently like Firefox did and whatever changes they made has now blocked the returning of gifts. A future update may fix that but we have no way of knowing if they will do that. The only thing you can do is use a different browser for gifting, perhaps one that will not block the friends lists like Chrome.

You may report this to support if you wish, so they are aware it's stopped working again in Edge.
Old May 25 2019, 01:48 PM

Default difficulty sending gifts

I am a Mac user, and do like to play this game using Safari. Sending gifts using Safari does NOT work, and has not worked for quite some time. I have continued using Safari for most of my farm "work" and then switch to Firefox to send gifts. Well, now Firefox will not allow me to send gifts. It will receive them, but when I attempt to send gifts, no neighbors come up in the box that categorizes neighbors as friends, neighbors, folks who have recently sent you gifts etc. I have noticed that I am not the only one that is experiencing this issue. My preference is that you could fix this in Safari. Thanks

Tags
can't send gifts, can't send gifts trains, cannot receive gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift box issue, gift errors, gifting, gifts, gifts not showing up, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, requests, returning gifts, send gifts, sending gifts, stuck gifts, unable to receive gifts, window narrows