Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Nov 17 2019, 10:20 AM

Thank you, Taz. I have tried most of the things suggested, with the exception of shutting down my computer and modem and restarting them both. My internet speed shows well over 300 Mbps but I guess there must be a bottleneck somewhere between here and the new servers.
It isn't always slow though, just gets really bad in the evening or on weekends when I assume more people are logging on. - Like today... Just clicked to load a farm to work someone's facilities and the server timed out before I even got the box to click on to work them.
I used to be able to open half a dozen farms at once to work people's facilities but now I can only do one or two at a time, and even then it may stall and time out so something has definitely changed just recently.
Chrome is also a memory hog so I keep closing it, running a clean up, and restarting it. Sometimes that helps a little, sometimes not.
FT seems to run a bit faster on Firefox but then there are the issues that A) I have to enable flash on every farm I open and B) the pages don't fully load and have white areas across the screen.
Do you know of a browser that would work better than FF but not be a memory hog like Chrome?
Old Nov 17 2019, 10:25 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammieRee View Post
Thank you, Taz. I have tried most of the things suggested, with the exception of shutting down my computer and modem and restarting them both. My internet speed shows well over 300 Mbps but I guess there must be a bottleneck somewhere between here and the new servers.
It isn't always slow though, just gets really bad in the evening or on weekends when I assume more people are logging on. - Like today... Just clicked to load a farm to work someone's facilities and the server timed out before I even got the box to click on to work them.
I used to be able to open half a dozen farms at once to work people's facilities but now I can only do one or two at a time, and even then it may stall and time out so something has definitely changed just recently.
Chrome is also a memory hog so I keep closing it, running a clean up, and restarting it. Sometimes that helps a little, sometimes not.
FT seems to run a bit faster on Firefox but then there are the issues that A) I have to enable flash on every farm I open and B) the pages don't fully load and have white areas across the screen.
Do you know of a browser that would work better than FF but not be a memory hog like Chrome?
Hi GrammieRee,
I used FF so no I can't recommend any others. I don't like the having to allow Flash every time, but some day we won't have to worry about that.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 17 2019, 10:32 AM

Okay, thank you. I will try using FF for a while and see if that works any better for me.
Old Nov 20 2019, 02:48 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I am joining the crowd having major slowness saving problems in the game.. c20 w24, have done everything suggested and still its an absolute pain at the moment, I have never had this problem in all the years I have been playing, since 2009.... this happened yesterday (Nov 19 here in Australia) and its the same today... slowness planting.. waiting for the save to actually save... takes over 10 minutes sometimes... slowness waiting for quests, trade warehouses to actually open.. so I am giving up on the game for a while in the hopes it somehow fixes itself....a big thankyou to Rob T for his help trying to fix the problem... I will just have to go watch netflix for a few days and leave the farming alone,
Old Nov 20 2019, 04:50 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
I am joining the crowd having major slowness saving problems in the game.. c20 w24, have done everything suggested and still its an absolute pain at the moment, I have never had this problem in all the years I have been playing, since 2009.... this happened yesterday (Nov 19 here in Australia) and its the same today... slowness planting.. waiting for the save to actually save... takes over 10 minutes sometimes... slowness waiting for quests, trade warehouses to actually open.. so I am giving up on the game for a while in the hopes it somehow fixes itself....a big thankyou to Rob T for his help trying to fix the problem... I will just have to go watch netflix for a few days and leave the farming alone,
Thank you for letting us know Aussie Rae. I'm sorry nothing Rob has suggested has been able to help at this time. As you know it's just not possible to test every link you need to go through to eventually get to the game so no way of knowing exactly where the problem is. I do hope things improve for you very soon.
Old Nov 21 2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
I have exactly the same problem as Aussie Rae, the only difference is that I am in Florida, not Australia In the past, every once in a while I have had some slow issues, but never to this extent. I just ran a speediest and I have 96.8 mbps download and 19.4 mbps upload. Other websites respond normally. Yes, I did get a 10 minute "save" just like Aussie Rae did, and it was a very minor save. Thanks for your help.
Old Nov 21 2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckpeer@gmail.com View Post
I have exactly the same problem as Aussie Rae, the only difference is that I am in Florida, not Australia In the past, every once in a while I have had some slow issues, but never to this extent. I just ran a speediest and I have 96.8 mbps download and 19.4 mbps upload. Other websites respond normally. Yes, I did get a 10 minute "save" just like Aussie Rae did, and it was a very minor save. Thanks for your help.
Just posting this took 4 minutes after I clicked on the "submit reply" button
Old Nov 21 2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Just posting this took 4 minutes after I clicked on the "submit reply" button

Hi ckpeer

I'm sorry you are having these problems. You can try the suggestions given in the first post, first page of this thread.

Have you tried another browser just to check if you get the same problems?

Is your browser updated?

Also, try to reset your router/modem for a minute and see if that helps you.

If nothing helps and considering you are saying forums are also slow, then maybe there is an internet issue

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009

Last edited by marymarcel; Nov 21 2019 at 03:36 PM.
Old Nov 21 2019, 05:58 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

THE SPEED IS BACK!! I am so happy that today my farm is working at full speed again... and having 3 days break from the game was great, now its back to planting again...
Old Nov 21 2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
THE SPEED IS BACK!! I am so happy that today my farm is working at full speed again... and having 3 days break from the game was great, now its back to planting again...
Great news Aussie Rae!

Thanks for coming back to let us know

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009

Tags
slow, slow game