Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Feb 06 2020, 09:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans View Post
Can we just go back to the old NCC version? I have lost over 10 neighbors because I am so good at NCC. I usually buy or get a plus 16 every week and have about 26-44 factories a week. Before, friends loved me and now they hate me because I win and destroy them in numbers now and they have no contest. Do I now, not buy anything? Let them win? No, I play the game how I love to play. If I cannot spend more, I won't. I am even blocked by these friends. This is crazy. Please have some sort of solution. Thanks.
Hi Texans,
The amounts you are contributing to their contest hasn't changed. The only thing that has changed is the amount you contribute to your own contest. That higher number they can not see and would only know if you tell them. You were winning before so nothing has changed there. Whether you are winning doesn't have any bearing on whether they win because you don't compete directly with them. Instead you are helping them with all the XP that you earn when you fill your facilities.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 06 2020, 03:41 PM

Taz,
I have not shared any info, all they see is the neighborhood top 10 part and how much I am separating myself from them I suppose. Anyways, I enjoy the new update! Just, wish I didn't lose my friends and neighbors.

Thanks.
Old Feb 06 2020, 03:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans View Post
Taz,
I have not shared any info, all they see is the neighborhood top 10 part and how much I am separating myself from them I suppose. Anyways, I enjoy the new update! Just, wish I didn't lose my friends and neighbors.

Thanks.
Hi Texans,
They are obviously are not understanding the new way of calculating the points. Sorry you have lost neighbors.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 06 2020, 06:05 PM

I LOVE the new NCC! I'm back to playing again and had a great time last week. My neighborhood came in 2nd - first time I've gotten any FC in forever - so I'm sure that contributed to my liking it so much. But it was GREAT to be able to make a difference in my own game! Much more motivating. Can hardly wait to see how things stack up this week. It's definitely renewed some of my interest in the game - which makes it a good thing for the developers, too. Win-win. Thanks.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Feb 08 2020, 05:06 PM

OMG! My neighborhood is in 1st place right now! Just by a NOSE, though. The two under us are within easy striking distance. But this quest is FUN again!!!! Thank you so, so much.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Feb 09 2020, 03:03 AM

NCC - at first I thought great, I came in 5th, I hadn't had that high a score in ages...usually I place 10th-8th. So I started playing hard, racked up a good score before the competing neighbourhoods were done...and guess what....back in 10th position again. Give me a break or some incentive to start playing hard again....never being #1 or #2 and getting that farm cash would be nice....but destroying a person's incentive to do so, by constantly putting them with competing neighbourhoods in which they have no hope of competing against, is mean.
Old Feb 09 2020, 04:14 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgsfarm View Post
NCC - at first I thought great, I came in 5th, I hadn't had that high a score in ages...usually I place 10th-8th. So I started playing hard, racked up a good score before the competing neighbourhoods were done...and guess what....back in 10th position again. Give me a break or some incentive to start playing hard again....never being #1 or #2 and getting that farm cash would be nice....but destroying a person's incentive to do so, by constantly putting them with competing neighbourhoods in which they have no hope of competing against, is mean.
I also am very dissapointed with the NCC scoring... also had a great total after filling my facs and have found that most of my neighbors just don't bother... and they only seem to have 1 or 2 facs... luckily this weeks chosen facilities are using up a lot of the excess products I have had in storage but I think I will disable the NCC once this current contest ends... just not worth it anymore...
Old Feb 09 2020, 10:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgsfarm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
I also am very dissapointed with the NCC scoring... also had a great total after filling my facs and have found that most of my neighbors just don't bother... and they only seem to have 1 or 2 facs... luckily this weeks chosen facilities are using up a lot of the excess products I have had in storage but I think I will disable the NCC once this current contest ends... just not worth it anymore...
Hi cgsfarms and Aussie Rae,
The method of choosing the competing teams has not changed. It is still done by trying to select teams to compete by the number of facilities in your team and matching the closest number of facilities for all teams. The number of facilities in the teams may be a spread of totals, but you have to be able to pick 10 teams and if there are not 10 teams with the same number of facilities then you have to choose some that may be higher or lower than what you have for your team. What the teams do with those facilities is what is going to determine your position in the contest.

What the new scoring does is make the team leader who will win the prizes have to work to get there. It prevents the team leader from just sitting back and letting the team members do all the work and they do little or nothing to help get to the top positions.

If you have a better way to choose the teams you compete against then please suggest it in the Suggestions section.
Old Feb 09 2020, 10:50 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
It does seem unfair, I have added 8.8 million this week so far and am 3.1 million behind the NCC above me, but hey ho, last week I scored more points than the team in second place????
Old Feb 09 2020, 05:13 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpdad View Post
It does seem unfair, I have added 8.8 million this week so far and am 3.1 million behind the NCC above me, but hey ho, last week I scored more points than the team in second place????
I think I must have a lot of dud neighbors, lol (just kidding) so far my total contribution is 7,639,460 points.. my 68 neighbors contributed 2,600,399. Now the leader in the competition has 35,110, 468 points... there is no hope for the rest of us... I am still in 7th position.. the same position I usually am if I only fill every couple of days instead of multiple times for this weeks comp. We live and learn..
Closed Thread