Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 15 2011, 10:23 AM

that's why I quit the game for now ... this has been a marvelous game, but without new "things" and more land, it's become more like a job than entertainment. Cleared out the storage of all non-ingredients, loaded up facilities 10 days ago and am just letting them run out. No incentive to harvest barns or trees. Nothing to spend FC or coins on, no challenges until the next update (getting to level 160 isn't a particular goal of mine). In the meantime, I'm using my time more constructively doing "real" things ... like crafts and stitch projects.
Old Jan 15 2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianedrayson View Post
I think my wish list is changing.

I wish the devs would put us out of our misery. If it's not coming tonight, couldn't they just slip us a message saying 'Sorry, not yet, working hard to keep you happy.' Perhaps each Thursday or Friday, when they know it's not coming that week, they could leave a message here so we don't waste our time.

Wish on...
That would be SO NICE, developers. Maybe you could let us know on Wednesday that the new farm isn't coing out that week. So many of us so look forward to new farm releases, and if we knew we had to wait until next week some time, I think we'd all (or mostly all) be much happier farmers!

Please consider putting out an occasional announcement when we're waiting for a new farm. PLEASE?

Farm? Not Here!!
~ Gateway to My Agricultural Empire ~

Farming Since 26 September 2009
Level 1175 & Rising

Am I addicted to Farm Town?
Old Jan 15 2011, 01:19 PM
Account Not Linked

They did that and when it didn't come out on the correct date, there was an upset...so that's why they just say "coming soon".
Old Jan 15 2011, 02:10 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double T Dude Ranch View Post
They did that and when it didn't come out on the correct date, there was an upset...so that's why they just say "coming soon".
I didn't suggest they give us a date when it WILL come out, as I recognise that's not possible. I just asked if they could tell us that it WON'T be coming out this week. Then people don't have to waste lots of time in the forums, and others can keep planting rather than holding off.

I think reasonable people will understand that the great things they are preparing for us might take longer some times than others.

I've read that when people are kept informed of the process, they go along with it far more willingly than when they are kept in the dark and are full of uncertainty.
Old Jan 15 2011, 02:12 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
I didn't suggest they give us a date when it WILL come out, as I recognise that's not possible. I just asked if they could tell us that it WON'T be coming out this week. Then people don't have to waste lots of time in the forums, and others can keep planting rather than holding off.

I think reasonable people will understand that the great things they are preparing for us might take longer some times than others.

I've read that when people are kept informed of the process, they go along with it far more willingly than when they are kept in the dark and are full of uncertainty.
Sorry if I upset you, should have quoted the post above as to that was whom I was speaking to
Old Jan 15 2011, 02:24 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Sorry if I upset you, should have quoted the post above as to that was whom I was speaking to
Thanks for your prompt response. I appreciate you caring. I think the post you mentioned and I are in basic agreement about wanting to hear that it's NOT coming out this week. She added the bit about sometime next week (still keeping it vague) but I can see that would still pin the devs down too much. I would happily accept a message from them saying:

Not a hope of getting it done this week
OR
We're trying hard and there's a slim chance of it being ready by Friday but don't hold your breath
OR
Pulling out all the stops and we're very confident it will be ready next week.

They could phrase it so we know they're doing their best both to work on the programmes and to keep us informed. It would actually be good to hear from them so they become real to us, like you moderators are. I think I'd like to hear some of the difficulties they face trying to keep us happy. (Or would that open them to abuse from some of the forum members? I certainly wouldn't want that.) I'm just thinking as I type. People who have been playing longer would know if it's been tried before and rejected because it didn't work in practice.
Old Jan 15 2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
I think my wish list is changing.

I wish the devs would put us out of our misery. If it's not coming tonight, couldn't they just slip us a message saying 'Sorry, not yet, working hard to keep you happy.' Perhaps each Thursday or Friday, when they know it's not coming that week, they could leave a message here so we don't waste our time.

Wish on...
i wish the same...the comunication here between the devs and the players is kinda poor...if u know what i mean .
I have hear today, that Raul have write to somebody that the 8 farm wasnt ready for this weekend, that it will come next week. My question is : why he didnt said it here in the official forum ??
Old Jan 15 2011, 02:34 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispey_cake View Post
i wish the same...the comunication here between the devs and the players is kinda poor...if u know what i mean .
I have hear today, that Raul have write to somebody that the 8 farm wasnt ready for this weekend, that it will come next week. My question is : why he didnt said it here in the official forum ??
Hi there, I am betting the person made it up. The devs only post here on the forum, no where else.
Old Jan 15 2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Hi there, I am betting the person made it up. The devs only post here on the forum, no where else.

i saw Raul whas conected yesterday. Why he dont leave a short message for all of us here about the update ?
Old Jan 15 2011, 02:41 PM
Account Not Linked

Now I'm not making any excuses for the devs, but they are pretty busy. I don't know if the 'other' farm game forum has their devs post or not, but I was looking and I didn't see anything. That's why the devs have moderators for the forum. We communicate to them and them to us. We're the liasons for the players.
Closed Thread