Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Nov 23 2013, 05:51 AM

Default Farm Town Christmas presents?

Last year, a friend of mine was able to go to her account (which she no longer uses) reactivate it, and send me various Farm Town tools that I had on my Christmas list. It was AWESOME! I got tons of stuff that way.

I read something about this being different this year? People can't do that anymore? Is that true? If so, is there a way I can ask her to send me FC so I can buy the tools I want myself? It's not as much fun that way but still gets the job done. This same friend just sent me an email asking what I wanted for Christmas so I want to know what to tell her.

Thanks.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Nov 23 2013, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Last year, a friend of mine was able to go to her account (which she no longer uses) reactivate it, and send me various Farm Town tools that I had on my Christmas list. It was AWESOME! I got tons of stuff that way.

I read something about this being different this year? People can't do that anymore? Is that true? If so, is there a way I can ask her to send me FC so I can buy the tools I want myself? It's not as much fun that way but still gets the job done. This same friend just sent me an email asking what I wanted for Christmas so I want to know what to tell her.

Thanks.
Hi, if your friend has had farm for over six months then she will be able to send you items without restriction. If the farm is less than six months old then she will need to have purchased at least 25 farm cash or earned 25 farm cash by doing offers
Old Nov 23 2013, 09:55 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default The real cost to play this game = $1,000!!!

I realize you don’t “need” to have FC (Farm Town Farm Cash Dollars) to play the game, but the actual amount of money you need if you want all the cool tools, trains and facilities is unbelievable. Obviously some tools are more useful than others, especially if you want to be able to use tools when working for other people. I have nothing against paying for a game, but in the realm of video games, FT and similar type Facebook games may be the most expensive around. So here we go:

Cost to own most (not all) of the TOOLS
= 2,800+ FC
= $440+ Real World Dollars

Cost to own all the TRAINS
= 590 FC
= $80+ Real World Dollars

Cost to own most of the FACILITIES
= 3400+ FC
= $520+ Real World Dollars

Want ALL of the above?
= 6800+ FC
= $1,000 Real World Dollars !!!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 23 2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platonicsolid View Post
I realize you don’t “need” to have FC (Farm Town Farm Cash Dollars) to play the game, but the actual amount of money you need if you want all the cool tools, trains and facilities is unbelievable. Obviously some tools are more useful than others, especially if you want to be able to use tools when working for other people. I have nothing against paying for a game, but in the realm of video games, FT and similar type Facebook games may be the most expensive around. So here we go:

= 2,800+ FC

= 590 FC

= 3400+ FC

Want ALL of the above?
= 6800+ FC
thanks for the info i have been thinking a lot about how much it cost now you saved me from doing the work
Old Nov 23 2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
Hi, if your friend has had farm for over six months then she will be able to send you items without restriction. If the farm is less than six months old then she will need to have purchased at least 25 farm cash or earned 25 farm cash by doing offers
She first started playing several years ago - played for awhile and then stopped. Shortly thereafter, she even deactivated her Facebook account. Last year, she was able to temporarily reactive both FB and FT to send me the FT tools. So she originally set up her farm WAY over 6 months ago, but it hasn't been active in several years - except for sending me the gifts last year.

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Nov 23 2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:

= 2,800+ FC

= 590 FC

= 3400+ FC

Want ALL of the above?
= 6800+ FC
What a scary, scary post! LOL However, I've bought things gradually over the years - rarely spending more than $40 a month - MAYBE $60 from time to time. That's still a lot of money in some ways, but I get SO much enjoyment from it that it's worth it. To me, anyway.

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Nov 23 2013, 12:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
She first started playing several years ago - played for awhile and then stopped. Shortly thereafter, she even deactivated her Facebook account. Last year, she was able to temporarily reactive both FB and FT to send me the FT tools. So she originally set up her farm WAY over 6 months ago, but it hasn't been active in several years - except for sending me the gifts last year.
Having deactivated her account may cause a problem with her sending you FC then. Won't know until she tries.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 23 2013, 01:32 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:

= 2,800+ FC

= 590 FC

= 3400+ FC

Want ALL of the above?
= 6800+ FC
I only see that stats for one game, you can't make a comparison with just one set of stats. If you go around to all of the other games you will find that Farm Town is the cheapest game around. I have quit games cause you couldn't do anything without purchasing their cash and there is others that I play very little cause you have to purchase their coins to play a lot or at least to get good scores on that game, at least this game can be played without purchasing FC, which the developers have to get paid somehow, it costs money to rent space on FB, plus have to pay the employees, so they can pay their rent, food, and other bills just like you.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Nov 23 2013, 05:31 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
I only see that stats for one game, you can't make a comparison with just one set of stats. If you go around to all of the other games you will find that Farm Town is the cheapest game around. I have quit games cause you couldn't do anything without purchasing their cash and there is others that I play very little cause you have to purchase their coins to play a lot or at least to get good scores on that game, at least this game can be played without purchasing FC, which the developers have to get paid somehow, it costs money to rent space on FB, plus have to pay the employees, so they can pay their rent, food, and other bills just like you.
This is a FT forum, so those are the only stats that matter. I’m sure what it costs to play FT is very similar to FV. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy playing FT, but am unwilling to spend a dime on it due to the minimal “bang for the buck”. I have nothing against paying $40, $80 or even $100 for a video game, but $1,000 is just ridiculous. For that kind of money we should all be playing in 3D virtual reality. They’d be much wiser to collect $40 from 50 out of 100 players (total = $2,000), than collect $1,000 from 1 out of 100 players (total = $1,000). For the record, as a consumer, the most I’d be willing to spend in real world dollars = $1 per Tool or Facility. Current price = $6+ (average).

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 23 2013, 08:17 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
This is a FT forum, so those are the only stats that matter. I’m sure what it costs to play FT is very similar to FV. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy playing FT, but am unwilling to spend a dime on it due to the minimal “bang for the buck”. I have nothing against paying $40, $80 or even $100 for a video game, but $1,000 is just ridiculous. For that kind of money we should all be playing in 3D virtual reality. They’d be much wiser to collect $40 from 50 out of 100 players (total = $2,000), than collect $1,000 from 1 out of 100 players (total = $1,000). For the record, as a consumer, the most I’d be willing to spend in real world dollars = $1 per Tool or Facility. Current price = $6+ (average).
You mentioned that this is probably the most expensive game, but yet you offered no proof of that by showing stats of other prices, you can't show one price and say that is the highest without comparision. If you don't want to spend any money to enjoy the perks that come with spending some money that is your choice, others choose to spend some money and enjoy the perks of the game, like the higher tools or being able to start or store items in a single click. Do you go into stores and tell the manager that their products is too expensive and that you think they should lower their price cause you are not willing to pay their price? Same with FT, this is a business and they are selling virtual goods, if you want to purchase you can otherwise don't. You say they should collect $2,000 from 50 out of 100 instead of $1,000 from 1 out of 100, did you just make these stats up or did these stats come from somewhere. How do you know that they are not collecting $1,000 from more than 1 out of 100, they could be collecting that from 30 or 40 out of 100, your stats is flawed because the are made up. Some prices could be lower, but it isn't up to me to tell them how to run their business, like everyone else I have the choice to either purchase the items or not purchase the items.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.