Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 12 2011, 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Arrow Neighbors, Super Neighbors, & Buddies

This thread is for reporting problems concerning neighbors. Please read the following information BEFORE posting in this thread. Thank you!

Post Release Updates May 5th, 2023 - Expanded Neighbours capacity by 33%

Please make sure that you have read the information in the Web Guide to see what differences there are, now that you are playing Farm Town on the Website!

Check Out The Game Guide:

Chapter 05 - Neighbours and Buddies Farmer Lists
Everything you need to know about Neighbours, Buddies and Farmer Lists.

Chapter 06 - Super Neighbours
Everything you need to know about Super Neighbours.

Need More Neighbors? Go here: Neighbour/Buddy Requests!

NEW!!! Going on Vacation and won't be able to play for a while?
Set your status in game as unavailable for up to 3 months. CLICK HERE

Thank you!

Important Things to Remember:

1. For two players to become neighbors with each other, BOTH players need to send out and accept neighbor requests.
  • If you want a friend as a Neighbour, YOU must send the request for them to accept.
  • If they want you as a Neighbour, THEY must send you a request for you to accept.

2. The Neighbors and Buddy Limits are based on how many digits the database can hold, it varies because not all IDs are the same length. ID's are normally 8 to 17 characters in length, so the number of neighbours/buddies you can have can vary. You should be able to have a minimum of 117 neighbours and in most cases for more than that, depending on the ID's.
You could have roughly up to 500 farming friends which will be a combination of Neighbours and Buddies.

When you reach your limit of neighbors, and you try to add another, if there is not enough room in the database to add the farmers ID you will see a brief notification that tells you
"Your Neighbour List is Full, please delete some neighbours before adding more."

When this happens, you can not add more neighbours.

What you CAN do, is see if any of your current neighbours have stopped playing. If they have you can decide whether or not to replace them with someone who is currently active in the game.

To change your neighbours, you will need to remove some before you can add more.
Look in the Farmers List My Neighbours section and see who is still active in the game their activity date will be showing, if you do not want to lose them as a connection in the game see if you have room to move them to your Buddy List instead.

You can also check your Buddy List to see if you want to change a Buddy to a Neighbour.

3. The Super Neighbors Limit is also based on Neighbours ID's. Approximately 20 Neighbors should be fine. If you try to add a super neighbour and have run out of room to add any more you will see a popup telling you that.
  • To find out how many Super Neighbours you have, click on anyone's picture in the Neighbours bar at the bottom of the game screen and click on "Order by Super-Neighbour". Then count all the ones with a red dot on their picture. You may need to scroll the Neighbours bar if you have more than a few.

• Neighbours with purple dot are the friends who have set you as their Super Neighbour.

• To find out what all the coloured dots mean see the following post in the Game Guide: https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showth...22#post6548322

4. If you want to remove someone from being your Neighbour or Buddy make sure you remove yourself as being their Neighbour and Buddy, before you remove them from your OWN Neighbour or Buddy List.

You will also need to remove them from the Facebook Friends list in your Farmers list if they are showing up there as well, after removing all the Neighbour/Buddy connections.

Remember that the Manage option on gifts/trains/ships etc that you may have sent can allow someone to add you back so make sure that you have removed them from ships logbooks, that you are not sending them train boosts or returning gifts to them.

Instructions, on how to remove Neighbour and Buddy connections are in the following link:
https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showth...10#post6548310

5. Archived Farms. Farms that have not been played in some time will become 'archived'. So if you notice a neighbors farm is empty this is likely what has happened. You will see a message telling you what the farm owner needs to do. Once that user visits the game, their farm will be reinstated.

6. Visiting/Tending Neighbors. You earn 30 XP for each neighbor whose farm you tend (watering, raking, etc) within a 24-hour period up to a limit of 100 visits. After that you will earn 1 XP. You can only tend each neighbor once a day.

This thread is for players to report problems or questions only. Any off topic posts will be removed by a moderator without notice to the user.

Last edited by Tiger; Feb 28 2024 at 03:25 PM.
Old Jan 27 2022, 11:13 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Super Neighbor

I have a super neighbor that is not able to read my messages in farmtown nor can she work my facilities or service facilities. Her farm number is: 615379424 I can read her messages in farmtown and also work her facilities and service facilities. My fam number is: 828655084. Neither one of us has this problem with any of our other neighbors. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Old Jan 27 2022, 11:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpost7219 View Post
I have a super neighbor that is not able to read my messages in farmtown nor can she work my facilities or service facilities. Her farm number is: 615379424 I can read her messages in farmtown and also work her facilities and service facilities. My fam number is: 828655084. Neither one of us has this problem with any of our other neighbors. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Hi lpost,
I moved your post to the subject thread about neighbors and super neighbors.
First thing she needs to do is check to make sure she has not blocked you. She needs to check in both Facebook settings and in the Farm Town account tab above her farms.
Is she not seeing your facility posts or does she see them but is told she can't work them because she isn't a friend?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 07 2022, 01:56 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Facility Bug

Hi Taz: Thank you for checking into this matter. I have not blocked her is Facebook or FarmTown. She has not blocked me in Facebook or FarmTown. She can see my posts on the request wall but when she clicks on it all she gets is a blank screen and she can not read my messages in FarmTown messaging. I can read her messages in FarmTown messaging and I can work her facilities from the request wall. We appreciate any help given.
Old Feb 07 2022, 02:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpost7219 View Post
Hi Taz: Thank you for checking into this matter. I have not blocked her is Facebook or FarmTown. She has not blocked me in Facebook or FarmTown. She can see my posts on the request wall but when she clicks on it all she gets is a blank screen and she can not read my messages in FarmTown messaging. I can read her messages in FarmTown messaging and I can work her facilities from the request wall. We appreciate any help given.
Hi lpost,
Does she not see your message or does she see them but can't open them?

Please have her try clearing her memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If her farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

If that doesn't work then she needs to contact Support about this. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 09 2022, 07:25 PM

Unhappy Neighbours missing

I was trying to rearrange my neighbors and now almost ALL of them are missing. This has limited almost everything other's can do on my farm and quite a bit of what I can do. Is there a way to fix this and put my neighbors back without asking people all over again? Most of them have been my neighbors for YEARS and no longer play very often so it will be almost impossible
Old Feb 09 2022, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reecee View Post
I was trying to rearrange my neighbors and now almost ALL of them are missing. This has limited almost everything other's can do on my farm and quite a bit of what I can do. Is there a way to fix this and put my neighbors back without asking people all over again? Most of them have been my neighbors for YEARS and no longer play very often so it will be almost impossible
Hi Reecee

I moved your post to the thread about Neighbors.

Did you delete them as your neighbors? I had a look at your data and I only see 3 neighbors for you.

If they are still your facebook friends, then the only thing you can do is to click in your My Neighbors tab and click in Add as Neighbor button for the ones you deleted.
Old Feb 10 2022, 05:14 PM
Account Not Linked

I have a problem doing Super Neighbor farm town:
tools greyed out Gloves and Bull Dozers I don't know why?
Farm is selected to work on
All tools
When I go everything is grey tools stated above how do I fix that?
Old Feb 10 2022, 05:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbenz2013@yahoo.com View Post
All tools
When I go everything is grey tools stated above how do I fix that?
Hi rbenz,
You would only be able to use the freestyle hands and bulldozers on one farm that they have selected you to allow you to design.

For your own tools they have to be in your storage to be able to use them on others farms.

To use their tools they have to allow that. You can't change it.
Old Feb 10 2022, 05:47 PM
Account Not Linked

All tools

They have checked all boxes to use their tools I do not understand why I have looked on the forum for information not much on Super Neighbor information
what is there I all ready know.
I have texted Slashkey they said something about Farm Selector
if that is the advatar when you click the tool box with the red dot I still do not understand. My neighbor is red and purple dots and so is my farm
she selected all check boxes ?

Tags
archived farm, beige dot, blue dot, can't add neighbour, colored dots, coloured dots, dots, green dot, invite, neighbor, neighbor requests, neighbors, neighbour, new neighbours, purple dot, red dot, remove neighbour, super neighbor, super neighbor tools, super neighbors