Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 08 2022, 06:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Please refrain from bad mouthing anyone or anything here, meaning individuals, Farm Town or Facebook. Such posts will be removed.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 08 2022, 08:52 PM

I just want to say thank you to whole Slashkey team for all the work that went into keeping Farmtown alive when the Flash player was retired, that was a massive job, you guys were amazing . . . . and this forum team is the best! This is just a glitch, hopefully we'll be back playing real soon.
Old Oct 08 2022, 10:04 PM
Account Not Linked

I read a couple posts in the announcement section where those who kept the game open when Facebook shut it down for everyone else, are still able to play. This got me wondering if Facebook is concerned about security issues through those still open portals, and are not reactivating the game until everyone still farming logs out and resets?
Old Oct 08 2022, 10:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister-T View Post
I read a couple posts in the announcement section where those who kept the game open when Facebook shut it down for everyone else, are still able to play. This got me wondering if Facebook is concerned about security issues through those still open portals, and are not reactivating the game until everyone still farming logs out and resets?
Hi Mister-T,
When they are connected to the game they are not connected to Facebook but are working from the Farm Town servers. The only way they would connect to the Facebook servers would be if they try to do anything in the Send Gifts, My Requests or My Neighbors tab which gives you the same link everyone else has and will dump them out of the game. So no it has nothing to do with delaying Facebook. Facebook has been sent the code for them to approve to complete the security changes they requested.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 08 2022, 11:37 PM

Smile Farmtown

Hi Raul ...Thanks so much for your response.I guess I will just wait around and hopeefully get the game back
Old Oct 09 2022, 05:50 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Mister-T,
When they are connected to the game they are not connected to Facebook but are working from the Farm Town servers. The only way they would connect to the Facebook servers would be if they try to do anything in the Send Gifts, My Requests or My Neighbors tab which gives you the same link everyone else has and will dump them out of the game. So no it has nothing to do with delaying Facebook. Facebook has been sent the code for them to approve to complete the security changes they requested.
Thanks for clarifying that Taz.
Old Oct 09 2022, 07:32 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Mister-T,
I was wondering if there is any way of connecting to the FT servers and play the game offline like those who never closed out the app. This would at least help us to get through this trying time.
Old Oct 09 2022, 09:04 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
I was wondering if there is any way of connecting to the FT servers and play the game offline like those who never closed out the app. This would at least help us to get through this trying time.
Hi Daveb,
I am sorry, but there isn't any way to do that.
Old Oct 09 2022, 09:06 AM

HI daveb. The way I understand it, we as players, can only open the game via FB, not direct into the server. For us to do this the FT app would have to be on a web site,or be a stand-alone app, you can imagine the cost that would be incurred to provide this. I suspect that would be the last resort.
Old Oct 09 2022, 03:17 PM
Account Not Linked

Hi Dave1949,
Farmtown runs fine as long as you do not use the three things Taz mentioned. Which are not required for the Farmtown to run correctly. Farmtown would not need to be on a web server; but a web server could be easily setup to provide a link to the the FT servers! It is clear that the game runs without Facebook and only gets involved when these three items are used. FB just links to the FT servers! FT does not run under FB!

daveb,

Tags
cannot load game, farm not loading, farm town not loading, frequent crashes, game freezes, green screen, loading issues, saving data, u00, webgl, white screen, x025, x025 error