Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 29 2022, 07:03 PM

waiting 6 hours or more for some ingredients to get done for this etc till the end and when collect it doesn't seems to count like it might take anoter12 hours to complete it cause of the long wait to get it done even though I STARTED a day or so before the 7 days are up ... again in this situation
Old Oct 29 2022, 07:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda1955 View Post
waiting 6 hours or more for some ingredients to get done for this etc till the end and when collect it doesn't seems to count like it might take anoter12 hours to complete it cause of the long wait to get it done even though I STARTED a day or so before the 7 days are up ... again in this situation
Hi Amanda,
I am sorry, but the quests are assigned randomly, so you could just as easily get one the only takes a couple hours or one that takes a day or two to complete because of long steps. All of the steps in the quests take ezactly the amount of time listed in the facilities. Your neighbors can not speed up the times for quests by working your facilities.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 01 2022, 10:03 AM

I know quests run for 7 days, is there a way to know when/what time my 7th day ends, or do the days simply run from 12:00 am - 11:59 pm?

Last edited by GR8L8K8; Nov 01 2022 at 10:34 AM.
Old Nov 01 2022, 10:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8L8K8 View Post
I know quests run for 7 days, is there a way to know when/what time my 7th day ends?
Hi Gr8l8k8,
In the show quests it will show you days only until they get to the last day where it will say 6 days and so many hours. From that you can roughly calculate when it will expire. There isn't any way to specifically tell exactly what time.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 01 2022, 10:50 AM

Default Weird Timing Problem in Quest

So, I have quests that - for example - require an item that takes 1 hour to complete. I started the quest yesterday; once a day, I "start all" and "load all," so of course sometimes I have to wait the next day for a really long facility task to complete (like a 24-hour wine aging).

But this morning - when it had been way more than 1 to 6 hours for all facilities - I still could not start a batch. So I have quest steps I can't start, even though the facility should have available "batches" based on production time.

Also - I sort my facilities by utilization, and this morning some of them were showing 103.4% and other similar 100%+ utilization - which shouldn't be possible.

It seems like something in the production facilities is "stuck" and not allowing batches to complete? Just strange.
Old Nov 01 2022, 11:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLSiegel320 View Post
So, I have quests that - for example - require an item that takes 1 hour to complete. I started the quest yesterday; once a day, I "start all" and "load all," so of course sometimes I have to wait the next day for a really long facility task to complete (like a 24-hour wine aging).

But this morning - when it had been way more than 1 to 6 hours for all facilities - I still could not start a batch. So I have quest steps I can't start, even though the facility should have available "batches" based on production time.

Also - I sort my facilities by utilization, and this morning some of them were showing 103.4% and other similar 100%+ utilization - which shouldn't be possible.

It seems like something in the production facilities is "stuck" and not allowing batches to complete? Just strange.
Hi KLSiegel,
I have the same problem with a quest today. The additional production percentage is because of the additional amounts you can get from the Farm Pass rewards. Unfortunately we both will have to wait to start those steps until the percentage drops below the 100% to be able to start any more.
Old Nov 01 2022, 11:21 AM

Default Follow Up on Facility Behavior

See attached screenshots.

First shows the What's Pending, clearly showing that there are items done (which means batches should be able to be started).

Second shows the Things to Produce, and as you can see, there are no batches available to start for Copper Sheet (or anything else but in the shot you can only see the Copper Sheet item).
Old Nov 01 2022, 11:22 AM

Yeah, the ones showing 100%+ aren't the ones giving me grief. It's just...frustrating.
Old Nov 02 2022, 01:40 AM

can people work facilities that are on a quest farm
Old Nov 02 2022, 06:17 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda1955 View Post
can people work facilities that are on a quest farm
Hi amanda1955,

If it's only set as a Quest farm, then yes they can work them, as that only prevents you from harvesting any animal sheds on the Quest farm when using the Harvest All at the top of the Facility Manager.

It's when a farm is set as Private that some may not be able to work them. Those that don't own the trains that qualify for the mayor helping with the facility work or those that do own them but are not dispatched would not be able to.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Tags
8 quests, brown quests, completed quest, employee lifeline, friends list, gift issues, gift lifeline, lifeline, lifelines, personal quests, quest, quest manager, quest rewards, quest time, quests, quests completed, regular quests, trader lifeline