Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Apr 13 2021, 08:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by annien View Post
Not sure if I have a problem, but it is different from yours. annie Nelson 10201833750420872

Graphics Feature Status
Canvas: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
Compositing: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
Multiple Raster Threads: Enabled
Out-of-process Rasterization: Disabled
OpenGL: Disabled
Rasterization: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
Skia Renderer: Enabled
Video Decode: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
Vulkan: Disabled
WebGL: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
WebGL2: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable

Problems Detected

Gpu compositing has been disabled, either via blocklist, about:flags or the command line. The browser will fall back to software compositing and hardware acceleration will be unavailable.
Disabled Features: gpu_compositing

Version Information
Data exported 2021-04-14T00:39:47.136Z
Chrome version Chrome/89.0.4389.114
Operating system Windows NT 10.0.19041
Software rendering list URL https://chromium.googlesource.com/ch...ring_list.json
Hi Annie,
Have you been able to get your farms to open?

Is this a laptop?
How much memory (RAM0 is in this computer?

With no hardware acceleration and only software WebGL I can see you are more than likely going to have problems particularly with heavily layered farms.

You can find the suggested specifications for playing in the first post on the first page of this thread.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 14 2021, 08:21 AM

my farm town will load then crash .I keep trying to load it .Is there anything else I should do .it is telling me that my browser will not execpt it .I use chrome .any help you can give would be great .thank you
Old Apr 14 2021, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendapelkey View Post
my farm town will load then crash .I keep trying to load it .Is there anything else I should do .it is telling me that my browser will not execpt it .I use chrome .any help you can give would be great .thank you
Hi brendapelkey

Please close and reopen your browser. Also check if your chrome browser is updated and if you have any update for windows. You can also try to restart your computer.

If non of the previous suggestions work for you, then clear your browser cache. The first time you try to load the game after the clearing it will load slower as all graphics have to be loaded again.

You can also go to the first post, first page of this thread where there are the requirements for your computer.
Old Apr 14 2021, 01:46 PM

Default Trouble with the Opera Browser

User Number 1313521560

I'm having trouble loading FarmTown on my Opera Browser.
Basically, it takes more than 3 tries to get the game to fully load. At first, I could see some progress, but now it doesn't even give me a black "starting" screen, or a gray "dead" screen; it just freezes entirely.
Sometimes rebooting the entire computer helps, but now that's not even working.
I've done all the steps detailed in your other post, but still trouble.
So I tried to load another User Number on my Google Browser, and that worked - but actually prefer to use the Opera Browser for FarmTown.
Is anyone else having trouble with Opera? What else can I try?
Thank you for all y'all do to make this game so enjoyable!!
donna

oh, and forgot to mention, when I do get it to load, it won't let me add a facility - and now, it won't let me check the "show farms" feature so I can see if those I hired actually finished the job. So basically, it loaded, but won't let me do the usual "chores" because it's frozen. Thanks for any help you can give!

Last edited by DCN-Toujours; Apr 14 2021 at 01:52 PM. Reason: forgot to mention details listed at the end...
Old Apr 14 2021, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCN-Toujours View Post
User Number 1313521560

I'm having trouble loading FarmTown on my Opera Browser.
Basically, it takes more than 3 tries to get the game to fully load. At first, I could see some progress, but now it doesn't even give me a black "starting" screen, or a gray "dead" screen; it just freezes entirely.
Sometimes rebooting the entire computer helps, but now that's not even working.
I've done all the steps detailed in your other post, but still trouble.
So I tried to load another User Number on my Google Browser, and that worked - but actually prefer to use the Opera Browser for FarmTown.
Is anyone else having trouble with Opera? What else can I try?
Thank you for all y'all do to make this game so enjoyable!!
donna
Hi DCN-Toujours

I moved your post to the HTML5 thread as you are having problems loading the game.

As Im not sure which steps you followed, I will suggest you the following.

Be sure your Opera browser is updated.

Check if you have any update for Windows. The other mods got it last night, I just got an update an hour ago.

If all is updated and you still have problems, then clear your browser cache. Close and restart. The first time you load the game after the clearing it will load slower as all graphics have to be loaded again.
Old Apr 14 2021, 02:44 PM

Default Thank You, One Issue Remains...

User # 1313521560

Thank You, MaryMarcel!!
Took all those steps & all is loading properly now, but one issue remains:
I can't seem to add facilities to an existing farm, still can't seem to add a drying facility to a farm.
Is this feature not enabled yet, or am I doing something incorrectly?
Thanks once more!
donna

Last edited by marymarcel; Apr 14 2021 at 02:45 PM. Reason: layering instructions deleted
Old Apr 14 2021, 02:52 PM

Quote:
User # 1313521560

Thank You, MaryMarcel!!
Took all those steps & all is loading properly now, but one issue remains:
I can't seem to add facilities to an existing farm, still can't seem to add a drying facility to a farm.
Is this feature not enabled yet, or am I doing something incorrectly?
Thanks once more!
donna
Hi Donna

So glad it worked for you

I deleted the instructions for layering as they are not allowed on the forum.

When you use the purple hand, there has to be at least one small clear space where you are moving an item to, the size of a pine tree. If the farm is fully worked then you have to go around till you find that little green square to set down the facility.

We are aware that not all methods used before the migration to layer those are working. I am sorry, but as I told you before, we can't help you with that as we are not permitted to allow anyone to post which ones might be working, the instructions for doing them or any other tricks that people like to do in the game.

At this time the concentration is to get all the features back. We are unable to tell you at the moment if the tricks that were working prior to the move and may not be now, will work again in the future.
Old Apr 14 2021, 04:08 PM

Default Understand & Thank You!!

Hi, MaryMarcel!!
Understand & Thank You!!
Once more, I certainly appreciate all that y'all do, & wishing you all the best!!
donna
Old Apr 14 2021, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Hi, MaryMarcel!!
Understand & Thank You!!
Once more, I certainly appreciate all that y'all do, & wishing you all the best!!
donna
Hi Donna

Thanks for your kinds words, all the team appreciate them
Old Apr 14 2021, 10:06 PM

Hi,

Today for me the game suddenlly goes fully black screen hitting esc key bring back the start area for the game with two unhappy faces. I also have been seeing webgl not supported in the browser from time to time. For these issues I have tried restarting the browser (edge Chrome) deleting the cache and cookies. restarting browser seems to persist but not always straight away.

USER ID number is: 100007079706922

If any questions or things to try feel free to contact me only to willing to help out
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl