Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Oct 27 2012, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Check your options in your Avant browser to see if 3rd party cookies are allowed. This is usually what keeps the page from showing up.
All checked at the time (last update).
Nothing had been changed since I started playing this game about 3 or 4 yrs ago.
It was the pop up window that since last update has become a security issue, hence why it doesn't pop up in normal browser, although if I remove flash player from pc the window then pops up but cannot load game, hence why i now use firefox to buy cash as it is the wrong flash player for the game but gets around the security pop up window.

No other games or web sites have this issue, but then I don't buy cash ingame for any other games.

Thinking about it, the problem could have been around much longer, it is just that my FB credits got used up and you can no longer buy FB credits direct.
Old Oct 27 2012, 08:28 AM

I have been playing since around April/May 2009 I think. If you work out the cost per month over that period it is quite reasonable compared to a hell of a lot of other pastimes
Old Oct 27 2012, 08:35 AM

I use Internet Explorer. I know, a lot of people have trouble with it, I never have except for this issue that just started happening. I was updated recently, so some of the options could have been changed, but I can't seem to find anything that would affect the game. How do you check on allowing 3rd party cookies?
Old Oct 27 2012, 01:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arial61 View Post
I use Internet Explorer. I know, a lot of people have trouble with it, I never have except for this issue that just started happening. I was updated recently, so some of the options could have been changed, but I can't seem to find anything that would affect the game. How do you check on allowing 3rd party cookies?
For IE it is in the Tools/Internet Options/ Privacy tab. You can either allow by site in which case you need to add Facebook.com and Trialpay.com as allowed. Or you can click the Advanced button and change to allow all 3rd party cookies. I recommend the first way as that still limits all the other sites that want to track you.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 27 2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenchhhie View Post
At the end of the day, my total FC investment has been in excess of $8,160 FC.
WoW wenchhhie. What a wonderfully organized and focused post. I've often wondered about the financial impact of the choices I make while playing my favorite game. This is exactly why I too examine very closely each tool, facility, land upgrade and decoration before I buy. I have no regrets in regard to the FC I have purchased and I would gladly do it again to support the game.

Compared to the expense of my husband's video game habit, FT is actually cheap.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5488&farm_ix=7
Old Oct 29 2012, 01:35 PM

Taz, I did what you suggested, but it still is not working. Sorry to be such a pest about it. I had also plundered this weekend and found that 3rd party cookies are allowed. *sigh*
Old Oct 29 2012, 02:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Taz, I did what you suggested, but it still is not working. Sorry to be such a pest about it. I had also plundered this weekend and found that 3rd party cookies are allowed. *sigh*
Under Tools look for pop up blocker then pop up blocker settings and click on that. Make sure that facebook.com and Trialpay.com are allowed in that too.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 29 2012, 02:36 PM

Yikes! That did not work either. I don't guess I should be restarting my computer after these changes - or should I?
Old Oct 29 2012, 02:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Yikes! That did not work either. I don't guess I should be restarting my computer after these changes - or should I?
Not the computer but you should restart your browser.
Old Oct 29 2012, 03:01 PM

Yea, I knew that. Still not working.