Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Apr 17 2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker grrrrrl View Post
OK here's my 2 cents worth regarding the quests. First of all, I love them. But if I don't have the facility needed to complete the quest, I either buy it, or skip the quest.

So..... My current, ongoing quest is to load 20X Eau de Toilette into a service facility. It doesn't say *which* service facility, it just says to load it into a service facility. I went to the forum Game Guide to see which service facility it was, and it told me the Beauty Salon. OK, makes sense.....

I didn't have the Beauty Salon, but I did have enough Farm Cash, so I bought it. No huge deal.... I placed it on my farm, and waited for all the other steps to complete, so that I can load the Eau de Toilette.

So imagine my dismay, when the time comes to load the Eau de Toilette, it is telling me to load it into the mini mall. Sigh......... If I had known at the beginning, exactly *which* service facility I needed, I may have chosen to just ignore this quest, and wait until tomorrow's quest.

Just for fun, I loaded it into the Beauty Salon, but.... no go.

So now I have to decide... do I get the Mini Mall, or just let the quest die out. GRRRR...

Perhaps, when we are mousing over the steps in a quest, it could tell us exactly which facilities we need to complete said quest. I am kinda bummed, as I actually took the time to read the Game Guide, and it said Beauty Salon for the Eau de Toilette.

I doubt I will buy the Mini Mall just for one quest, as I don't have the other facilities to support it.

I feel slightly hosed.
I'm pretty sure that you can work right up the very last load stage of the quest, then mouse over it and it will then show you which particular facility/service it requires you to use. You still, at that stage, can go and buy it.

Old Apr 17 2012, 10:49 PM

Default **** Shoot

To Quest or not to Quest, that is the question. I have most of the facilities and it's hard to keep up, because new ones are introduced continually. I have completed maybe 30 plus Quests, and was impelled to purchase new facilities to finish maybe 3 or 4 times. A couple were available for coins! Don't know how I missed them, but I did, and noticed that some facilities that formerly require cash are available for coins.

I like the Quests; they afford me the opportunity to make coins easier than all the farming - just try keeping 14 farms going. I play daily just to store goods and harvest common facilities.

The Billionaire
Old Apr 17 2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntanned View Post
To Quest or not to Quest, that is the question. I have most of the facilities and it's hard to keep up, because new ones are introduced continually. I have completed maybe 30 plus Quests, and was impelled to purchase new facilities to finish maybe 3 or 4 times. A couple were available for coins! Don't know how I missed them, but I did, and noticed that some facilities that formerly require cash are available for coins.

I like the Quests; they afford me the opportunity to make coins easier than all the farming - just try keeping 14 farms going. I play daily just to store goods and harvest common facilities.

The Billionaire
All of the facilities that require farm cash to buy them are still exactly as they always were. The devs would not change any of them to coin because it would not be fair to all the farmers who have paid farm cash for them already.

Old Apr 18 2012, 07:24 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
I'm pretty sure that you can work right up the very last load stage of the quest, then mouse over it and it will then show you which particular facility/service it requires you to use. You still, at that stage, can go and buy it.

Yeah, I was able to mouse over it only after I completed all the other steps. I was hoping to be able to mouse over it in the beginning, and have it tell what facilities are needed. Sigh..........

Last edited by rocker grrrrrl; Apr 18 2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old Apr 18 2012, 07:48 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

ROCKER GRRRRRL & HELENJS22: I accepted a quest yesterday and before I did any thing on it, I CLICKED inside the box of the last step and it showed me what facility I needed to produce the product and then at the top of the screen in blue it says show me what facility to load this product into and I clicked on that. It happens that I need the music factory and music conservatory, both of which I don't own & don't want so I didn't even start the quest. Remember to CLICK inside the box, not just mouse over it. Hope this helps.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 18 2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTreeFarm View Post
ROCKER GRRRRRL & HELENJS22: I accepted a quest yesterday and before I did any thing on it, I CLICKED inside the box of the last step and it showed me what facility I needed to produce the product and then at the top of the screen in blue it says show me what facility to load this product into and I clicked on that. It happens that I need the music factory and music conservatory, both of which I don't own & don't want so I didn't even start the quest. Remember to CLICK inside the box, not just mouse over it. Hope this helps.
Hi, yes this does work, just keep in mind that that if the last step is a service facility it doesn't say which service facility you specifically require, some products go into more than one service facility.
Old Apr 18 2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTreeFarm View Post
It does work to do this, but not always does it give you the correct one to use. Being a musical one, there may have been just one choice, but for many products there is more than one choice, and the process you describe only shows you one.

Old Apr 19 2012, 01:27 AM
Account Not Linked

Unhappy Quest pay out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post

General Feedback on Quests

This thread is for all feedback on the Quests.

Please note that if you have a Help question there is an Official thread in Help & Support.. this is a link to the thread .... http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468066

We will endeavor to allow a bit more latitude in this section than in the other sections of the forum, however, please bear in mind we must stave off chaos.

Debates are allowed but posts which go beyond simple debates and fall into attacks against another member or out right name calling, or take a thread completely off track, will be removed.
Has anyone actually had a pay out on these Quests? I haven't.
Old Apr 19 2012, 01:32 AM
Account Not Linked

If you are referring to FC,then no.They said they MIGHT in the future give FC as a reward for completing quest.For now,we only earn coins.
Old Apr 19 2012, 08:25 AM

Default Keep getting the same quest

I keep getting the quest to load the candle lantern. I've had it 3 times now, I think. Can't do this quest and it's really annoying to have to wait 8 days for it to expire. Would be great if we could speed up the process by doing at least some of the steps.