Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Dec 23 2016, 11:20 AM

Question Cargo Ships

Quick question.

Can a cargo ship be dispatched without having all of their containers filled? Let's say you are running out of time and know you won't have time to fill the other containers. Can I send it out? Or what if you know you only have time to do half of the containers and then when it returns to port you'll do the other half and keep that as your pattern. Will it work OK? Are their disadvantages to do this? Penalties?
Old Dec 23 2016, 11:56 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcgowan View Post
Quick question.

Can a cargo ship be dispatched without having all of their containers filled? Let's say you are running out of time and know you won't have time to fill the other containers. Can I send it out? Or what if you know you only have time to do half of the containers and then when it returns to port you'll do the other half and keep that as your pattern. Will it work OK? Are their disadvantages to do this? Penalties?
Hi imcgowan

Yes you can Disptch the Cargo Ship without filling all of the containers.
It will only return to port once it has visited all 30 of the neighbours on its' itinerary or 7 days have passed.
Have a look at what each container brings (same on all ships) and decide which products you need most of.
We can only send one ship per day, which works out well with having 7 ships, so you can fill different containers on different ships, or prioritise the same containers.
For example I am short on lakes so I know I will be sending fish container out most days but may not send the animal products container every day as, for the moment, I have a surplus of those products.
comment trouver votre farmlink how to find your farmlink
memcache where's my post gone quoi de neuf
Support (si on ne peut pas résoudre un problème ici)
Old Dec 23 2016, 12:15 PM

Smile Cargo Ships

Thank you so much for your reply. Now I understand the reasoning for buying more than one ship with the same products. So you get to use each ship with not needing to fill them all but to use the ship as you see fit. I like it and I'm glad I bought a new farm to put the ships on since there isn't room on any of my existing farms.

I don't know what holiday you celebrate but whatever it is I wish you the happiest.

Isabella
Old Dec 23 2016, 12:30 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcgowan View Post
Thank you so much for your reply. Now I understand the reasoning for buying more than one ship with the same products. So you get to use each ship with not needing to fill them all but to use the ship as you see fit. I like it and I'm glad I bought a new farm to put the ships on since there isn't room on any of my existing farms.

I don't know what holiday you celebrate but whatever it is I wish you the happiest.

Isabella
You're very welcome Isabella and many thanks - wishing you likewise
comment trouver votre farmlink how to find your farmlink
memcache where's my post gone quoi de neuf
Support (si on ne peut pas résoudre un problème ici)

Tags
cargo ships, container, cranes, dispatch ship, logbook, pink port, port deleted, red skip port, replace port, reuse itinerary, ship rewards, ship's logbook, ships, skip port