Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Closed Thread

Old Dec 01 2019, 12:48 AM

Default Farmtown Without Facebook?

There used to be a way to play farmtown without having to go through facebook a long time ago by typing in the browser farmtown.com. Is there a way to access farmtown without facebook? I would love to leave facebook, but I don't want to lose my farms as I spent a lot of money on the game, plus I enjoy the game too much to quit. If not, will farmtown ever let us access it without facebook? I truly hate facebook, especially since they got rid of the lists. It was so easy having all my farmtown friends on a list to work their facilities. The wall only allows I think 2 hours.
Old Dec 01 2019, 04:34 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenserenity View Post
There used to be a way to play farmtown without having to go through facebook a long time ago by typing in the browser farmtown.com. Is there a way to access farmtown without facebook? I would love to leave facebook, but I don't want to lose my farms as I spent a lot of money on the game, plus I enjoy the game too much to quit. If not, will farmtown ever let us access it without facebook? I truly hate facebook, especially since they got rid of the lists. It was so easy having all my farmtown friends on a list to work their facilities. The wall only allows I think 2 hours.
Hi Goldenserenity,

I'm sorry but you need your Facebook account in order to access the game and your farms are tied to that account. That is the only way you will be able to do anything that requires access to your friends list.

If you prefer, you can log into Facebook then only have the game open and then just use My Requests and Show Farm Town Wall Requests so that all you are seeing are Farm Town posts. You can turn off all the Facebook notifications and messages if you don't wish to get those.

The link for accessing all your Friends lists is missing at this time, you can report that to Facebook as I don't think that they meant to remove it as they still have the instructions on how to create a friends list directing you to that.

We do have a link for you that will get you to all your friends lists without using the Facebook bookmark which is still working at the time of this post. You need to be logged into Facebook to use it.

Click on this link Facebook Friends Lists. That will then take you to all your lists. You can then bookmark that in your browser so you can use it again. If you want a bookmark to a specific list, click that link, then click on the friends list you want to use and bookmark that.

There is also Facebooks Gameroom you could try, which once you are logged on and have saved the shortcut to your desktop you can just use that to get to all your Facebook games. It is possible to save a lik to Farm Town to your desktop as well. Facebook did originally intend for it to work flawlessly with all games, however this is not always the case. It is not as flexible as using Facebook, depending on what you want to do, and some things do not display in there. You would just have to try it and see how you got on with it, to see if it is suitable for how you like to play. If you find you can't get to some information in there you would have to go back onto Facebook and access the game that way to see it. Personally I don't like it myself, but that is just my opinion.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Last edited by Tiger; Dec 01 2019 at 04:43 AM.
Old Dec 02 2019, 01:48 AM

Thank you so much for the helpful information Tiger! I greatly appreciate it.
I was afraid that we need the facebook account
Old Dec 02 2019, 01:52 AM

Forgot to mention about the lists. I received a message from facebook telling me the lists were going, and that I was going to lose my farmtown list. Well, it did disappear, but I noticed the lists came back and I was able to create another list. I used that new list for about a week, and now I can't even see access to any of the lists. I will try the link you sent me and see if I can access through it. Thanks again!
Old Jan 04 2020, 08:47 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Oct 21 2022
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Arrow Farm town limit?

Has farm town reached its limit ? Are we going to get any mo re farms?and what about new trees, flowers, crops, rivers , etc

Visit Harry's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 04 2020, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrywhitmore@comcast.net View Post
Has farm town reached its limit ? Are we going to get any mo re farms?and what about new trees, flowers, crops, rivers , etc
Hi harrywhitmore

Not sure why you are thinking that since we get new things with every release every month.

Only the developers know if they are going to add more farms, up now we are getting upgrades for the existing ones.

If you want new items for the game, please post your idea in our Suggestion section where we have ideas grouped by theme for the developers to read.

You can't start a new post there but you can post as a reply to a thread that fits with your idea.

This is the link to Suggestions:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2
Old Jan 04 2020, 09:58 AM

i have 6 and cant keep up
Old Jan 04 2020, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrddog View Post
i have 6 and cant keep up
Hi byrddog

When you posted in Help & Support, your post was moved and answered in the following link:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...70#post6335870
Old Jan 04 2020, 12:06 PM

Default 2 farms

is it ok to have 2 completley different farms? Like starting over, doing things different on the new farm. The farm I have now has 24 added farms it is just overwhelming to me and not relaxing. I still would keep my original farm too. If there is a way please let me know.
Old Jan 04 2020, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luann2009 View Post
is it ok to have 2 completley different farms? Like starting over, doing things different on the new farm. The farm I have now has 24 added farms it is just overwhelming to me and not relaxing. I still would keep my original farm too. If there is a way please let me know.

Hi Luann2009

I moved your post to General Feedback.

To have a new set of farms you have to open a new account for Facebook and it is Facebook the one allowing the new account or not.

But take in mind that if you start a new account and Facebook shuts one of those accounts down you would lose those farms and any money spent on them.

Last edited by marymarcel; Jan 04 2020 at 12:44 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, storage capacity