Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old May 04 2023, 05:53 PM

Default May 3rd & 4th Messages

Quote:
Post Release Updates - May 3rd, 1:00PM

- Bugfix: At 8:50AM today we introduced a new bug with a similar consequence to the bug introduced 6 days ago, a significant % of users lost most of their preferences in the game, a fix was released about an hour ago.

Post Release Updates - May 4th, 12:30PM

- Hide duplicated facility posts in 'My Request' tab 'Facility Wall Requests' section.
In regards to "a significant % of users lost most of their preferences in the game, a fix was released about an hour ago."

The "fix" is not fixed. I spent the entire afternoon, yesterday, resetting all of my preferences in my facilities and today, the majority of them have reverted to the default setting ... rechecking almost all items I unchecked yesterday. The ones that stayed the way I set them yesterday are the non-workable facilities.

Yes, I cleared the browser cache as well as the SK Memcache as well as the FB Memcache and I have checked the game on both sites, the new one and FB and the problem is still there on both sites.

Regarding the next statement about hiding the duplicates ... Thank you! I LOVE that new feature.
Old May 04 2023, 05:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmerette GiGi View Post
In regards to "a significant % of users lost most of their preferences in the game, a fix was released about an hour ago."

The "fix" is not fixed. I spent the entire afternoon, yesterday, resetting all of my preferences in my facilities and today, the majority of them have reverted to the default setting ... rechecking almost all items I unchecked yesterday. The ones that stayed the way I set them yesterday are the non-workable facilities.

Yes, I cleared the browser cache as well as the SK Memcache as well as the FB Memcache and I have checked the game on both sites, the new one and FB and the problem is still there on both sites.

Regarding the next statement about hiding the duplicates ... Thank you! I LOVE that new feature.
Hi Farmette GiGi,
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen, reset some of your shortcuts and reload again. See if they stay then.

For clearing from Slashkey:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached

For clearing from Facebook:
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 04 2023, 08:32 PM

[quote=Taz D;6545542]Hi DeniseDJ,
That was fixed yesterday. Did you reset them yesterday

Today, I found them reset. I came here to complain. Later on I noticed everything was the way it should be again. I am really not sure what happened. Maybe I loaded a cached copy? Don't know, but everything is fine now. Thank you.

Denise

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p..._id=1450953003

clear memcache http://l1.slashkey.com/facebook/farm...lear_memcached

I have as many neighbors and buddies as I am allowed

USER ID number is: 1450953003
Old May 04 2023, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Farmette GiGi,
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen, reset some of your shortcuts and reload again. See if they stay then.

For clearing from Slashkey:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached

For clearing from Facebook:
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Thanks for your response. I have done just that, multiple times, to no avail. Several of my friends are having the same problem. I'll give it one more try tomorrow. Again, thank you.
Old May 04 2023, 11:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmerette GiGi View Post
Thanks for your response. I have done just that, multiple times, to no avail. Several of my friends are having the same problem. I'll give it one more try tomorrow. Again, thank you.
Hi Farmette GiGi,
It will not reset the previous settings unfortunately but should stop it from changing back to the defaults after you have changed anything.

If you run the memcache, reload your farms, then change one or two shortcuts, then reload again to make sure it doesn't remove those and it still resets to defaults tomorrow let us know and we will send your ID to the developers to check on it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 05 2023, 05:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Raul has added the following:
Post Release Updates - May 5th, 5:50PM

- Expanded Neighbours capacity by 33%. The Buddies capacity is now 3 times as much as before. You should be able to have about 500 neighbours and buddies combined.
Old May 05 2023, 07:11 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the updates, Raul and entire team and forum team. Keep up the good work
Old May 05 2023, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Raul has added the following:

Post Release Updates - May 4th, 12:30PM

- If you keep your browser open or you have enabled the 'Continue where you left off' option in your browser, you will remain logged in to the website for up to a week, so when you reload the game during this period you won't have to enter email and password. If you use the Farmtown website in a public computer, just remember to click the Logout button at the top right when you are done playing.

- Hide duplicated facility posts in 'My Request' tab 'Facility Wall Requests' section.
Thank you, thank you, and thank you again for hiding duplicate posts on the FarmTown Facilities wall. It has long been a thorn in my side because many farmers post so often that others drop off the bottom of the list and, with the website game, there is no other way to work them when they disappear. You guys are absolutely awesome!!
Old May 06 2023, 01:24 AM

Default New add to neighbours option

3. When visiting a farmer, using the new 'Add to Neighbours' icon in the farm owner toolbox at the bottom left.

When I just tried to use this option with two people I need to either make buddies or neighbours, In their toolboxes there was a new icon (greyed out) about Manage Trains but nothing about ' add as neighbour ' ? Am I missing something and looking in the wrong place ?
Old May 06 2023, 06:49 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraelwart View Post
3. When visiting a farmer, using the new 'Add to Neighbours' icon in the farm owner toolbox at the bottom left.

When I just tried to use this option with two people I need to either make buddies or neighbours, In their toolboxes there was a new icon (greyed out) about Manage Trains but nothing about ' add as neighbour ' ? Am I missing something and looking in the wrong place ?
Hi barbaraelwart,

Adding a Neighbour via the toolbox when you visit someone farms isn't one of the options currently enabled. It may be added in the future.

In that same toolbox the greyed out Train icon is only enabled when you are a super neighbour and have train management permission for that farmer. That one isn't new.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Closed Thread