Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jan 26 2010, 10:22 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetime Borrego View Post
ELLS, your top post sounds like a lawyer puked all over it, I got bored of reading it, good luck getting your message across
She isn't trying to get a message across. This is a place where other members can talk about Hiring and Hiring Practices.
Old Jan 26 2010, 10:47 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
ELLS, your top post sounds like a lawyer puked all over it, I got bored of reading it, good luck getting your message across
It's obvious that you didn't read it, even if you hadn't stated "I got bored of reading it", because if you'd actually bothered to read it you'd notice how unnecessary your comment is.
Old Jan 27 2010, 12:33 AM

Quote:
1) shouldn't that be "reads" like rather than "sounds" like ?

2) Forgive me if I'm wrong but I suspect there is a little hostility in your posts - If you have a grievance why not just air it ?
Old Jan 27 2010, 12:38 AM

yeah tthat post was a little odd and unfitting. Ells statements made perfect sence to me

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...3214&farm_ix=Y
Old Jan 27 2010, 07:56 AM

i agree with what people are saying, it is a game so keep it respectful as we don't know who is on the other end. it is a diverse game of all ages, cultures etc and we don't want to role model bad behaviour for the younger players or show players from other countries that we are not respectful.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...g&ref=unk:fsig
Old Jan 27 2010, 08:20 AM

Default Hiring Fun

I've been having some fun, with the hiring process. I now present an employment 'test'. I begin by announcing that I've got crops ready for harvesting, then plots to plow:

Greetings, Farmers. I have 2 farms; I need two employees for harvesting and plowing.

Then, I remind players that they have a very useful 'tool' available to them:

But I present an employment test. Those who do not wish to participate, please click my avatar, and select 'ignore'.

I then remind the marketplace of the 'reward' for participating:

First two correct answers will be offered the employment, both harvesting and plowing

Then, I present my 'test'. The test varies, and is based on the crop that is ready. For example, overnight I usually plant squash. My 'squash' test is a riddle:

Test: Riddle: Which FarmTown crop would be best, for killing a cockroach?

When the crop is grapes and wheat, the question is based on wine and bread, taken from the Fitzgerald translation of the Rubiayat of Omar Khayyam:

Test: Fill in the blanks: "A _ _ _ of _ _ _ _, a _ _ _ _ of _ _ _ _ _, and thou beside me, singing in the wilderness; and wilderness is paradise, now ..."

If the crop is only grapes, the 'test' is simple math -

The test: My farms yield 525 dry quarts of grapes. There are 105 dry quarts in every barrel. Each barrel yields 2 gallons of wine. How many gallons will my farms yield?

Sometimes, with grapes, the test is on American Literature:

Test: Who is the author of 'The Cask of the Amontillado'?

If the pomegranate trees are ready to pick, the test question is based on Greek Mythology:

Test: What fruit did Persephone consume, when she was being held captive by Hades in his Underworld Kingdom?

I've had great fun with some of the answers. When I get any 'irritated' players complaining that they did not 'come here to be in school', I just gently remind them that this is a game, and the developers of the game provided them with a wonderful tool, called the IGNORE button - and I recommend they employ that tool, posthaste! lol!

The hired hands are always thanked, when they arrive on the farm, for their participation in the employment test, and the usual result of the test is to stimulate a conversation with fellow FT players. I've met some very interesting people, via the 'test' and this game.

I wonder, does anyone else have any interesting ways to hire employees?
Old Jan 27 2010, 08:30 AM

hows that fun id have just walked and thought ok ill just be polite and wait for hiring if im hiring I announce I have work and hire the firtst one to say yes please pg

If you make one person smile then that person makes one person smile soon the world will be smiling

ive posted because of my obsessive compulsive posting disorder or OCPD

The blacksmiths arms
Old Jan 27 2010, 08:37 AM

"different strokes for different folks"

Not something I would enjoy but it sounds like you are finding people who do.
Old Jan 27 2010, 09:37 AM

My only concern about that is when I go into the MP to look for workers I want people who are paying attention to what I'm asking for and what I'm offering. They can't do that playing games. If I see someone doing it, I leave and find another market.
Old Jan 27 2010, 09:39 AM

No offense, but shouldnt this thread be moved to the hiring practices sticky thingy at the top? I thought talking bout hiring was considered taboo now

Personally, I like hiring the ladies

Riverview plantation