Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Feb 21 2021, 02:42 AM

Well Tiger, the mystery deepens. I harvested my flowers and the extra ones showed up again, so I moved the extra ones to storage and the field showed flowers underneath them. I refreshed the farm and now the field shows holes where I removed the "extra" ones. I went to storage to put the flowers back but storage would only let me sell them, not use them. Strange! maybe the use feature is not available yet.
Old Feb 21 2021, 05:11 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractor Man View Post
Well Tiger, the mystery deepens. I harvested my flowers and the extra ones showed up again, so I moved the extra ones to storage and the field showed flowers underneath them. I refreshed the farm and now the field shows holes where I removed the "extra" ones. I went to storage to put the flowers back but storage would only let me sell them, not use them. Strange! maybe the use feature is not available yet.
Hi Tractor Man,

When we last spoke about this is, I asked you to refresh the farm first after harvesting, to see if the harvested flowers corrected and if they did not to come back and let us know. We could have taken a look at what was showing up to see if we were seeing the same as you or if it was just a temporary display issue.

Did you refresh the farm first, or did you just store the ones that were not harvested? It's sounding like you did the opposite, stored them, then refreshed the farm.

Once you did that did you reload the game and go back to that farm?

If this is your farm called Shire Farm then it does look like have some problems with the flowers on that farm which would prevent you placing a flower down if all you can see is an empty spot where you took the flower from to store it.

I've done some clearing for you, please reload your game then go to the farm that you are having problem with and see what's happening with the flowers there now. If there is still a problem, don't do anything to that farm, come back and let us know which farm it is so we can be sure we're looking at the correct farm and can go see what we are seeing, when we visit it, in case it's different to what you are seeing.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Feb 22 2021, 06:34 AM

Thanks, will do. The other farm with the same issue is Flower power farm, farm 43 on my game. I will harvest next time and then refresh as you say and let you know. Looks like I did not follow your instructions, sorry about that.
Old Feb 22 2021, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Thanks, will do. The other farm with the same issue is Flower power farm, farm 43 on my game. I will harvest next time and then refresh as you say and let you know. Looks like I did not follow your instructions, sorry about that.
Hi Tractor Man,

OK, thanks for coming back to let us know.

If you see this soon, can you go to Farm 43 please and see if you're seeing the same thing I am for your pink zinnias. I can see 4 of them are not at the same growth time as the rest of the flowers on that farm. At the moment those 4 are easy to spot as 4 of them are at 17.5 hours so are showing a different graphic to the ones just harvested, they are taller and showing partial pink petals.

If you can, try not to harvest those 4 flowers until all the rest of the flowers on that farm until are also ready to harvest. Then harvest them, and see if any show back up.

If they do try refreshing that farm and see if they correct or still show as ready to harvest.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Feb 22 2021, 05:09 PM

Default Flower Harvester Doesn't Work

When I click on it, it sends me to the store to buy one.
Old Feb 22 2021, 05:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by murielkf View Post
When I click on it, it sends me to the store to buy one.
Hi Murielkf,
Please put your tools in your storage. The toolbox and store will not recognize them for you to use if they are on a farm.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Feb 22 2021 at 05:34 PM.
Old Feb 23 2021, 04:02 AM

Hi Tiger,

you are correct on Farm 43, I see the flowers. Will let the others grow to harvest and see what happens when I harvest them. I just harvested the flowers on another farm and I did see some that did not harvest, I refreshed the farm and they were gone so I guess it's a bug somewhere. Of course the flowers I had sent to storage have left holes in the field so I will put them back when storage is fixed and we have the use button available, right now all you can do is sell them. Thanks for all your help with my problems.

Tractor Man
Old Feb 23 2021, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Hi Tiger,

you are correct on Farm 43, I see the flowers. Will let the others grow to harvest and see what happens when I harvest them. I just harvested the flowers on another farm and I did see some that did not harvest, I refreshed the farm and they were gone so I guess it's a bug somewhere. Of course the flowers I had sent to storage have left holes in the field so I will put them back when storage is fixed and we have the use button available, right now all you can do is sell them. Thanks for all your help with my problems.

Tractor Man
Hi Tractor Man,

Thanks for confirming that the flowers corrected on refresh.
As you have a display issue with the flowers, have you noticed any other display issues with anything else you do on your farms?

What is it that you can't get out of storage?
When you mentioned that you were unable to put flowers back out on a farm after storing them, I did test doing that and was able to do it fine. Are you not able to get anything out of storage or is it a specific item?

What I would like you to do is try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window.

Then clear your browser caches/history of your browser, that will then clear the game graphics. When you next load the game, it will load slower until it's got a fresh lot of graphics for the game. The the next loads after that should go back to normal speed for you.

See if that helps with your flowers showing ready to harvest after harvesting them, and then please also check your issue with getting an item out of storage.

If you are still not able to get something out of storage, please describe exactly what you are trying to get out of Item storage and put on which farm and at what point it does not work for you.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Feb 24 2021, 05:32 AM

Hi Tiger,

thanks again for your continuing help. I refreshed everything as you said, now we wait and see. Getting things out of storage, no problem, it was my fault not paying attention.
Before the refresh I harvested farm 43, there were big blocks of unharvested flowers left, I refreshed and they were still there so I harvested them. Perhaps next time that farm is ready to harvest I should leave it alone and let you know, I assume you can work on my farm, and see the problem for yourself. I do have the same problem with crops on one or two of my farms, small blocks of 8 or 10 do not harvest the first time, I will check though and see if they may be layered and I do not know it.

Tractor Man
Old Feb 24 2021, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Hi Tiger,

thanks again for your continuing help. I refreshed everything as you said, now we wait and see. Getting things out of storage, no problem, it was my fault not paying attention.
Before the refresh I harvested farm 43, there were big blocks of unharvested flowers left, I refreshed and they were still there so I harvested them. Perhaps next time that farm is ready to harvest I should leave it alone and let you know, I assume you can work on my farm, and see the problem for yourself. I do have the same problem with crops on one or two of my farms, small blocks of 8 or 10 do not harvest the first time, I will check though and see if they may be layered and I do not know it.

Tractor Man
Hi Tractor Man,

Glad to hear your storage issue is resolved.

No we do not go work anyone's farms, we would need to be hired to work a farm and that's not possible at the moment.

Each time you see something that doesn't harvest first time, mouseover the crop/flower that hasn't cleared and see if it's saying that it's ready to harvest or if it's showing a time until ready. It's not always easy to spot when something isn't quite ready to harvest depending on the graphic for that item at a particular stage of growth so mouse over it to get the display information for it to verify that it is fully grown. If the remaining items show ready to harvest, refresh the farm and see if they correct, if they do not, then we need to take a look at that farm before you do anything else to it.

If you are continually getting the problem of them only correcting when refreshing, then the other ways to test the issues would be if you had another computer, or perhaps try another browser to see if you get the same problems there. If you have one that communicates well with you, you could ask a super neighbor to try working that farm to see if the same thing happens to them when they work that farm. If they also see some not clearing, then you go to that farm and see if you can see what they are describing to you as not cleared and see if it's the exact same items in the same positions on that farm.

Clickable Help Links:

Tags
dead flowers, flower harvester, flowers, freezing flowers, mobile sprinkler, sprinkler, unfreezing flowers, water flowers, watering flowers