Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old May 17 2014, 03:49 AM

Default New Release -- May 16th, 2014

See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at June 11th, 4:00AM EST.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. Mothers Day (3 weeks ago) and Memorial Day Items.

2. 6 Farm Covers: Savannah, Meadow Flowers, Mulch, Slightly Rocky Grass, Rocky Grass and "Rocky and Moss Ground".

3. 11 New Trees:

Non-Producing Trees: Savannah Tree, Fan Palm Tree, Queen Palm Tree, Rainforest Tree, Ceiba Kapok Tree, Brazil nut Tree and Sausage Tree

Producing Trees: Acai Tree, Elderberry Tree, Lychee Tree and Chicle Tree. Non of the trees have any use now in the facilities but some of them will have in the future.

4. 3 New Flags: Israel, Uruguay and Panama.

5. Farm 22: See prices below:

12x12 - 1000000000 coins or 40 FarmCash (New Farm)
14x14 - 1500000000 coins or 20 FarmCash
16x16 - 2000000000 coins or 20 FarmCash
18x18 - 2500000000 coins or 20 FarmCash
20x20 - 3000000000 coins or 20 FarmCash
22x22 - 3500000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
24x24 - 4000000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
26x26 - 4500000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
28x28 - 5000000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
30x30 - 5500000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
32x32 - 6000000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
34x34 - 6500000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
36x36 - 7000000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
38x38 - 7500000000 coins or 30 FarmCash

6. Dan 7 for Flowers: As mentioned in previous releases, you will have to be at level 200 or higher to have the option to reach Dan 7. Dans 1 to 6 are accessible at level 100.

7. Log Truck with Chainsaw 12 x 12: If you own the Log Truck with Chainsaw 12 x 8 you now have the option to buy this new tool to chop up to 144 trees at once.

8. New 'Non ingredients (for me)' filter: This filter has been added to the Storage and Market windows and should help, for example, if you want to sell products that are ingredients to some other products but you don't own the facilities where they are produced.

9. 'Show FarmTown Wall Requests' in the My Requests Tab: When you hit this link we will ask facebook about the posts made by your friends from inside Farmtown asking for help, this may work better and should show more post compared to the link that was before but we are still not sure how much better it will be until people try it.

10. Multiplanter 4 x 4: This is a new tool that will allow you to plant up to 16 trees or flowers at the same time, using 6 different layout or patterns.

Moderator addition: Please note, the multiplanter only works for new trees and flowers in the store, does NOT work for trees and flowers you have in storage. The storage support will likely be added on the next release.

11. General Improvements and bug fixes:

a) Players can start completing quests at level 20 instead of level 30
b) When the Manure Spreader is put into a shortcut spot, it now correctly display the tooltip info when mouseover
c) If your browser has a Zoom scale > 100%, the game UI should scale as well and display correctly
d) Improvements to a tool used by moderators
e) We did some research on why some users using Chrome were not able to click on the top icons when in Full Screen mode. It turns out this is a known issue with the pepperflash plug in. If you disable the pepperflash plug in at: chrome://plugins/ and just enable the standard NPAPI plugin this issue should get fixed, however the NSAPI plugin may have other disadvantages that you should consider before doing this change.

12. Bike Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Bike Supplies.

Bottle Holder
Bike Seat
Horn
Tire
Bike Steel Frame
Bike Bamboo Frame
Pedal
Bike Helmet

New Products in other facilities: Kevlar Fiber in the Semi-Trailer Truck. Kevlar Cord in the Textile Mill. Foam Sheets in the Petrochemical Plant.

13. Farm Buildings Factory (Coins): Produces Farm Buildings and Houses.

Horse Stall
Bird House
Cat House
Dog House
Chicken Coop
Tool Shed
Green House
Rabbit Hutch

New Products in other facilities: Felt Roll in the Textile Mill. Pile of Asphalt Shingles in the Construction Materials Factory.

14. Bike World (FC): Provides Bike Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Bike Supplies Factory.

15. Farm Depot (Coins): Provides Farm Buildings and Houses Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Farm Buildings Factory.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - May 17th, 1:40PM EST

- We disabled the 'Non-Ingredients (for me)' filter in the market window until we fix the issues. The filter is still enabled in the storage window so we can get feedback and help troubleshoot the problem.

Post Release Updates - May 20th, 12:30PM EST

- You can now restore any Farm Cover on a farm without having to refresh the game
- The 'Non-Ingredients (for me)' is enabled again in the Market window, please report any issues you may have. We were able to reproduce and fix most of the issues, but there were some, for example when the Inks were appearing on the list, that we were not able to reproduce.
- We are evaluating the possibility of the multiplanter to work with items from your storage, most likely this will be added in the next release if we find a simple way to do it

Post Release Updates - May 21th, 6:00PM EST

- Improvements to the 'Show FarmTown Wall Requests' link in the 'My Requests' tab:

a) If you click the link and you haven't grant the required permission to the Farmtown app to search your posts, you will be able to grant the permission every time you click on the link
b) We are now showing the most recent 100 posts, seems to be working now but this may be changed by facebook at anytime
c) We are showing the custom message, if any, entered by the user when posting, like the farms with available work
d) App description text removed, it was repetitive and not adding any value
e) We have added the age of the post, so you know how recent it is. Posts are always in chrono order.
f) We are now showing a link instead of a button to perform actions on that post. This allow you to open the link on the same tab or on a new tab. Also, once you click on a link your browser will change the link color to indicate 'visited', this way you will know which one you have visited already.
g) Removed the 'quest farm cash post' from the list
h) Better layout so we can fit more rows in the same space

- POW FLag added to the Memorial category in the Store, this flag cost only 1500 coins
- The mistmatch on the irrigation remaining time when using the Time Manager and the Sprinkler Tooltip in the toolbox is now fixed

Post Release Updates - June 7th, 12:20AM EST

- We just released a fix to recover lost animals for most users automatically. It was a time consuming and complicated process and although there could be some instances where the recovery will fail, we think it will work for most users.

Post Release Updates - June 11th, 4:00AM EST

- 2 new Fathers Day signs as Gifts and 2 new Fathers Day animals in the Store
- Fixed bug that caused xLink errors in the Quest Manager
- The Neighbour Bar Online Status (the green dot) is now accurate like before
- FarmTown photos removed from the Farmtown Wall Request in the My Request Tab

Last edited by Raul; Jun 11 2014 at 03:40 AM.
Old May 17 2014, 03:59 AM

Nice one!
Old May 17 2014, 04:01 AM
Account Not Linked

If either the kevlar or felt roll use Polyester Fiber this French Farmers screams will be heard wherever the devs are doing their much appreciated hard work.
Thanks in advance for whatever the update brings.
Old May 17 2014, 04:02 AM

Thanks for the update. I see there is a multi planter.
Old May 17 2014, 04:02 AM

Thank you!!!
Old May 17 2014, 04:05 AM

Havent looked at the details yet - but thank-you in advance - but I KNEW this would be released as soon as I posted my Facilities :O

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old May 17 2014, 04:09 AM

woohoo happy birthday gift to me.. ty ty Raul and devs. team \m/
Old May 17 2014, 04:19 AM

Thank you for the new upgrade, you're hard work and creativity is amazing month after month. Again thank you.
Old May 17 2014, 04:22 AM

new trees in the store is as follows 1. fan palm tree 2. queen palm tree 3.savannah tree 4. brazil nut tree 5. ceiba kapok tree 6.rainforest tree 7. chicle tree 8. lychee tree 9. elderberry tree 10. acai tree 11. sausage tree will post more as i find it.
Old May 17 2014, 04:26 AM

yay just bought farm 22