Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jun 30 2023, 10:34 AM

Default Posting Work for Neighbors

Hello, when I am using the web based Farmtown I cannot find my neighbors from the Facebook version, and not post work for them. Please advise what I need to do. Thank you ~ Astrid
Old Jun 30 2023, 10:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrid1st View Post
Hello, when I am using the web based Farmtown I cannot find my neighbors from the Facebook version, and not post work for them. Please advise what I need to do. Thank you ~ Astrid
Hi Astrid,
I moved your post to the thread about facilities. You post for facility work in the website the same way you posted in the Facebook version. The difference is you do not get the Facebook pop up to post there or to a selected group of neighbors.
In the website you click on Whats Pending, then click on Produce Faster (for regular facilities. You then get the first pop up that you normally have. When you click the green check for that you will see a text show that says Request Sent. You are done. Then repeat for Service facilities in one of those. Your requests show on the Show Facility Wall Requests for all of your neighbors and Buddies.

You can not post to specific individuals through the website. Instead it posts to all of your neighbors and buddies.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 30 2023, 07:19 PM

Thank you very much Taz. I now did what you suggested but a neighbor tells me she cannot see my work I posted. Is there a way you can check if it worked? Thanks again ~ Astrid
Old Jun 30 2023, 07:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrid1st View Post
Thank you very much Taz. I now did what you suggested but a neighbor tells me she cannot see my work I posted. Is there a way you can check if it worked? Thanks again ~ Astrid
Hi astrid,
Your neighbor would have to look in the My Requests/Show Facility Work Requests section to see the posts. They will not show on their Facebook newsfeed or on your Facebook profile page if you are posting from the website.
How long between you posting and their checking? If they have a lot of neighbors then they may not see it if their list doesn't go back far enough. The list will only show up to 150 posts.

I am sorry but there isn't any way we can check this for you as we do not see data for facility posts.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 30 2023, 07:38 PM

Thank you for the explanation. I do not know how many neighbors she has and will check with her. I will also tell her to look under "My Requests". I appreciate your quick reply/help very much ~ Astrid
Old Jul 05 2023, 01:47 AM

So FT is coming to an end on the 24th July as you cannot post facilities from the new website. It will certainly give me much more time.
Old Jul 05 2023, 04:43 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneycs View Post
So FT is coming to an end on the 24th July as you cannot post facilities from the new website. It will certainly give me much more time.
Hi rodneycs,

I have moved your post to the thread about posting facilities.

You can post facilities using the website, the only differences are:
  • When you click on Produce Faster or Get Clients and you see the popup and you click on the green check mark, you don't get a Facebook posting box. Instead you will see a brief notification that says the request was sent. That's all you need to do to post them.

Your facility request then shows on the Website Facility Wall Requests page where those that have you as their neighbour or as their buddy on the Website will be able to see them to be able to work them.
    You will not be able to see your own posts on that wall.

• In the same respect you will also be able to use the Website Facility Requests to see any facility posts from the Neighbours or Buddies you have on your own Farmers lists.

At the top of that wall is also a link you can click on to include or hide posts from Farmers that have you as a Neighbour or Buddy but are not your Neighbours or Buddies which can help can check who you still need to add as a Neighbour or Buddy on the Website.

When you work their facilities click on and open the tool box bottom left of the screen and see if either the blue or green silhouette is dimmed. If one of those is dimmed then you already have that farmer on one of your lists.

If you need them there are more details on using the Visitor toolbox to add neighbours or buddies in the game guide about the Farmer Lists. Here's the link to that specific post:
    http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...10#post6548310

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jul 06 2023, 01:31 PM

One of my daily Farm pass goals for today is to work 25 Buddhist Supplies factories...
Most of my neighbors and buddies don't have these religious factories ..
Please change these types of goals.. I have worked EVERY person's factories for several pages on the farm wall and not even 1 out 25 have been met..

Thanks for your help

Connecting to town mainframe (Chat Server: C20
Farm Server: w23) .
on Windows 11
Primary Browser: Google Chrome
MY USER ID number is: 1383108606
Old Jul 06 2023, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsickinger View Post
One of my daily Farm pass goals for today is to work 25 Buddhist Supplies factories...
Most of my neighbors and buddies don't have these religious factories ..
Please change these types of goals.. I have worked EVERY person's factories for several pages on the farm wall and not even 1 out 25 have been met..

Thanks for your help
Hi sdsickinger

I moved your post from Suggestions to Facilites and Facility Manager thread in Help & Support to be able to answer you.

The problem is that you have a check mark for Skip Religious Facilities in your preferences, the wrench.
That is why you cant work the Buddhist supplies factory when working your friends facilities.

Please click in your preferences and uncheck Skip Religious Facililies option and then click in the green check mark to save changes.

Then try to work your friends facilities again.
Old Jul 06 2023, 02:10 PM

Thanks marymarcel

Connecting to town mainframe (Chat Server: C20
Farm Server: w23) .
on Windows 11
Primary Browser: Google Chrome
MY USER ID number is: 1383108606

Tags
belt, can't post from facility, cash out, display issues, duplicate facility, facilities, facility manager, facility wall requests, find facility on farm, fuel problems, fuel usage, funeral facilities, ingredient planner, levels, load all, non-workable facs, production facility, religious facilities, service facilities, service facility, store all, what's in stock, what's pending