Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 01 2021, 10:53 AM

Default Html5

still trying to figure it out and very grateful for ALL the hard work it has taken thus far to do what you have done! - You must have been doing good from the beginning (09 was it?) and had a good foundation to rebuild on . . . thank you! The only thing i can contribute is this . . . the writing, the links, etc. etc. is very small and very hard for these tired old eyes to see. I wonder if these kinds of things might get a bit larger as time goes on. Once again, thank you for ALL your efforts on our behalf and the game we all love - FarmTown!
Old Jan 01 2021, 10:56 AM

Was able to access the HTML version this morning.
A few quick impressions.
Pros-
Graphics look really nice, seem crisper.
I could zoom in and out of the farms without the whole web page zooming in and out.
Farms seem to load a lot faster without the 15%....30%....50% loading stuff.
Planting seemed to work fine, will try harvesting in 4 hours.

Cons-
As mentioned by others, icons and other game graphics are a little small.
I don't see my avatar.
Old Jan 01 2021, 10:56 AM

Default storrage

hi

thanks to all for the great work
cant await all is working on the new platform

i have a question on flash my storage is 98,6 % full
on the html 5 version 100% do i get problems?

happy new year
tino

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...345&farm_ix=42
Old Jan 01 2021, 11:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by harfis01 View Post
Was able to access the HTML version this morning.
A few quick impressions.
Pros-
Graphics look really nice, seem crisper.
I could zoom in and out of the farms without the whole web page zooming in and out.
Farms seem to load a lot faster without the 15%....30%....50% loading stuff.
Planting seemed to work fine, will try harvesting in 4 hours.

Cons-
As mentioned by others, icons and other game graphics are a little small.
I don't see my avatar.
Hi harfis,
The avatar has not been added yet. That will come later.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 01 2021, 11:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffaloboy View Post
hi

thanks to all for the great work
cant await all is working on the new platform

i have a question on flash my storage is 98,6 % full
on the html 5 version 100% do i get problems?

happy new year
tino

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...345&farm_ix=42
Hi buffaloboy,
98.6 in Flash is a problem. As we do not have marklets yet in the html version you will not be able to sell through there until they are added. If you harvest any thing then you risk losing those or something else in your storage. I recommend you go to the market in Flash while it is available and sell off to lower your percentage down to at least about 80 - 85%.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 01 2021, 11:10 AM
Account Not Linked

I want to thank all of you for all the hard work you have put into the HTML5. I look forward to using it. I have but one question right now. Will the panels (farm at top, chat box, etc) remain so small? Or will there be a way to adjust it? It is a bit hard on my old eyes.
Old Jan 01 2021, 11:11 AM

I've tried out the HTML version. I am playing in Opera. Some points on it:

The graphics look great, and I love how smooth it is to enlarge or make smaller the game menu.
The right side is cut off on my screen, even in full-screen. Everything is still functional though. Like I just see a sliver of the toolbox, because 7/8ths of that box is cut off (but I can still click on that sliver to access my toolbox.) Same with my tractors for sowing, I just see a small sliver of their box.
With pop-up menu for sowing, both the top and bottompart is cut off. this also doesn't affect gameplay (like the bottom scroll arrow, I just see the topmost part of the arrow, instead of the entire arrow, but I can click on it and it will work.) Because the topmost part is cut off, I can't exist out of the sow screen if I decide not to sow anything (to get out, I have to click on a crop to sow), and then cancel by clicking on the green walking dude.
I can't travel anywhere (real estate, gas, market) When I click on that box (which is just a sliver due to the cutoff screen), nothing happens. Not sure if this feature is currently turned off.
The highlighting on crops to sow/plow/harvest is off. Like if using a 4x4, only 3 squares will highlight, although all 4 will actually plow. The issue also appears with the harvester and planter, but is more of a problem with plowing (for some reason it is more difficult to line up the squares and get them to actually plow, then it is to harvest or plant on them.)
Old Jan 01 2021, 11:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmerRhonda View Post
I've tried out the HTML version. I am playing in Opera. Some points on it:

The graphics look great, and I love how smooth it is to enlarge or make smaller the game menu.
The right side is cut off on my screen, even in full-screen. Everything is still functional though. Like I just see a sliver of the toolbox, because 7/8ths of that box is cut off (but I can still click on that sliver to access my toolbox.) Same with my tractors for sowing, I just see a small sliver of their box.
With pop-up menu for sowing, both the top and bottompart is cut off. this also doesn't affect gameplay (like the bottom scroll arrow, I just see the topmost part of the arrow, instead of the entire arrow, but I can click on it and it will work.) Because the topmost part is cut off, I can't exist out of the sow screen if I decide not to sow anything (to get out, I have to click on a crop to sow), and then cancel by clicking on the green walking dude.
I can't travel anywhere (real estate, gas, market) When I click on that box (which is just a sliver due to the cutoff screen), nothing happens. Not sure if this feature is currently turned off.
The highlighting on crops to sow/plow/harvest is off. Like if using a 4x4, only 3 squares will highlight, although all 4 will actually plow. The issue also appears with the harvester and planter, but is more of a problem with plowing (for some reason it is more difficult to line up the squares and get them to actually plow, then it is to harvest or plant on them.)
Hi Rhonda,
What do you have your zoom set at for the tab/page? It sounds like you have it set too high?
Old Jan 01 2021, 11:29 AM

when I tried the new format I got the grey screen and a pop up that said error abort298
Old Jan 01 2021, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
Thanks for this response, at least it's a reasonable possibility. I wonder if when they replace my battery (which it could stand), they will clean the dust out. Otherwise, unless the HTML5 version is viable on my iPad mini, it could be the end of Farm Town for me, which would be very sad, since otherwise my old laptop is fine for my current needs.
I keep a can of compressed air (air duster) and it does a good job of clearing the dust out of my laptop. I spray it in the vents and fan, after the computer has been shut off and cooled completely (the air from the can is pretty cold). I unplug it and take it out on the porch to do this. I don't have to do it often, maybe once a year. I can get it at department stores and as well as stores specializing in computers.

Last edited by TexasStar; Jan 01 2021 at 12:51 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl