Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jan 18 2021, 03:26 PM

I've been clearing my browser cache (it's automatically done for me) & using FT Memcache on a regular basis. I've had no problems at all. I've seen a lot of people arguing over the use of the FT Memcache & clearing cache now with HTML5. Some say you shouldn't use the memcache any more, some say you shouldn't clear cache. Hope you can explain what's right/what's not right, so people will understand. Thanks so much!
Old Jan 18 2021, 03:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbLH View Post
I've been clearing my browser cache (it's automatically done for me) & using FT Memcache on a regular basis. I've had no problems at all. I've seen a lot of people arguing over the use of the FT Memcache & clearing cache now with HTML5. Some say you shouldn't use the memcache any more, some say you shouldn't clear cache. Hope you can explain what's right/what's not right, so people will understand. Thanks so much!
Hi BarbLH,
Clearing the memcache clears the data on the server and does nothing on your computer, so it does still work for that.
Clearing your browser cache does remove all the graphics for the game. When you open your farms again then it has to download all the graphics again which can slow up the loading and can be several minutes depending on the internet. I would not do that every day unless it is necessary.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 18 2021, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi BarbLH,
Clearing the memcache clears the data on the server and does nothing on your computer, so it does still work for that.
Clearing your browser cache does remove all the graphics for the game. When you open your farms again then it has to download all the graphics again which can slow up the loading and can be several minutes depending on the internet. I would not do that every day unless it is necessary.
Thanks, Taz, much appreciated!
Old Jan 18 2021, 04:14 PM

Default Loading issues

User ID 1294046705
black
checkpoint-B-000- Initialized
Session ID: 181710

Does not load
Old Jan 18 2021, 04:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by connj56 View Post
User ID 1294046705
black
checkpoint-B-000- Initialized
Session ID: 181710

Does not load
Hi Connj,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the HTML version. The developers are looking for solutions, so please be patient. You do not need to post this information again unless it changes.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 18 2021, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi John,
I moved your post to the thread about the migration since you are able to play. Please in the future post here instead of the HTML thread.

We don't know how much of the layer will be available in this version yet, so yes there may be some problems with it. I don't think clearing the memcache is going to solve this for you. Right now we have to wait and see what is avaialbe later.
I take it this is related to why I have had to click multiple times with the extended flower picking tool in a single position on some farms to have them all done as well? I would have asked earlier but was assuming it may be unique to my farms.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Jan 18 2021, 05:47 PM

Default catlady971

I am just wondering what kind of time that the whole game works right. My gift box is full but I can't store it yet. I'm not doing any crops right now--just waiting. I had a reply about she used her IPad I don't own one. I know everybody does but I have a 17 year old to put clothes on. Anyway--I was just asking. I wish everybody a wonderful week!!!
Old Jan 18 2021, 05:56 PM

Regarding flowers staying watered I think I worked out what is happening. The watering level is not being calculated properly (perhaps because the water level bar is not fully functional yet) and is showing fully watered until the watering expires, then it goes directly to unwatered. The watering can/sprinkler is being controlled by the displayed level of water (100% or 0%) and you cannot water again until it goes to 0%.
Old Jan 18 2021, 05:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady971 View Post
I am just wondering what kind of time that the whole game works right. My gift box is full but I can't store it yet. I'm not doing any crops right now--just waiting. I had a reply about she used her IPad I don't own one. I know everybody does but I have a 17 year old to put clothes on. Anyway--I was just asking. I wish everybody a wonderful week!!!
Hi Catlady,
I have moved your post to the subject thread about the migration as you are able to play. Please read the first post of this thread to see what is available currently and for any future updates. The developers do not give us a time line on when the other functions will be added.
Old Jan 18 2021, 07:10 PM

This is so boring, hate not able to do anything, I think this new system should of been completed before letting the old one end, just saying, taking way too long to get everything back up. :'(
Closed Thread