Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 03 2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Fantasia View Post
The release states that the Cattle Car will bring Cows, Goats, Hes, Turkeys and Horses. My question is this: If our Animal sheds are filled to the maximum what will happen when the Cattle Car has completely finished dispatching?

Thank you
I have the same question. Anyone have any ideas?
Old Sep 03 2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Fantasia View Post
The release states that the Cattle Car will bring Cows, Goats, Hes, Turkeys and Horses. My question is this: If our Animal sheds are filled to the maximum what will happen when the Cattle Car has completely finished dispatching?

Thank you
This is a question I asked earlier and am still waiting for a reply. I don't know what good the cattle car will be once we have as many animals as our sheds will hold.
Old Sep 03 2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel7 View Post
Well, I guess the best solution to the whole train issue is to have friends that are going to do things the same way you are. If you aren't going to do the trains (like me), start getting more neighbors who also are not going to use trains. I don't need any of the products that come from the trains and I can't justify spending a ridiculous amount of farm cash just to work neighbors farms in a few less clicks. And since I don't actually know any of my friends on facebook personally (I use facebook ONLY for farmtown), this won't be a problem for me. Over time, I will weed out the "rich" people and start playing with the "poor" people. This is just another way to have a economic class war.....another life lesson to be learned.
Aren't you "shooting yourself in the foot" by deleting the "rich". Are you saying you don't want the people who have the trains to work your facilities? I can tell you that since this last update, having the trains has made me alot more willing to work everyones' facilities...even those who insist on having them on all 15 farms.
Old Sep 03 2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomysgma View Post
UM.........im not a genius or anything, but i think if u didnt need the animals and ur sheds are full, i would say...
dont buy the cattle car.??....simple you save 35 FC(prob 35)..jus sayin
Old Sep 03 2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen Betty Nelson View Post
I love this game

But I was wondering how can we tell [from the 'send gifts' page] which of our neighbors no longer play the game? Would be nice to know so we don't waste time sending them gifts if they no longer are playing.
I know that 'we' are supposed to un-friend everyone when we 'quit', but lots of people don't. And then there are those people, who are just 'on vacation' for a few weeks or a bit longer, so we don't want to lose them.
So what to do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi there,

Really the best way to know is just to ask your friends. You could try visiting each farm and if you get to one which is only displaying ground cover, no crops trees etc then they have not played Ft in over a month and their farm has been archived.

For gifting, some members create a friends list with current FT players in it and then use it to gift to just those players. Once you've created one, all you do is select the gift to send then click on "Facebook Friends list" tab, choose the friends list from the drop down menu, the window will reload to show you those friends, click to select them and send the gifts.

If you use that method you will have to remember to add any new friends to the list when you add more neighbours or re add friends that start playing again.
I actually use the Farmtown Farmer List and the filter it with Farmers Helping me. That would not only insure that they are playing but also just be the ones that helping you.
Old Sep 03 2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch85 View Post
Aren't you "shooting yourself in the foot" by deleting the "rich". Are you saying you don't want the people who have the trains to work your facilities? I can tell you that since this last update, having the trains has made me alot more willing to work everyones' facilities...even those who insist on having them on all 15 farms.
Here is another suggestion. Use facebook lists for those with trains and those without. Let those without trains work your farms for the first 30 minutes after posting and let those with trains come in after and clean up what's left. If you can get a group of players to do this, it would work. I'm just offering solutions to those people who can't afford the trains. That's all.

The class war remark was probably uncalled for and I apologize for that one - I meant it in a joking manner, but I guess it didn't come across that way. Forgive me.....

Last edited by Angel7; Sep 03 2012 at 01:17 PM. Reason: added something
Old Sep 03 2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel7 View Post
Here is another suggestion. Use facebook lists for those with trains and those without. Let those without trains work your farms for the first 30 minutes after posting and let those with trains come in after and clean up what's left. If you can get a group of players to do this, it would work. I'm just offering solutions to those people who can't afford the trains. That's all.

The class war remark was probably uncalled for and I apologize for that one - I meant it in a joking manner, but I guess it didn't come across that way. Forgive me.....
I might as well add my 2 cents for all it's worth....we don't INSIST on having facs on all 15...it is called designing and enjoying! Some take it all too serious and forget it is to relax and have fun with! Not for making our living!
Old Sep 03 2012, 01:53 PM

- People and new Freight Cars should be available tomorrow evening not today- posted by Raul today ...

Darn, all dressed up and no place to go. Guess I'll have to get off my bum and actually do some housework. Ewww.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5488&farm_ix=7
Old Sep 03 2012, 01:56 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomysgma View Post
We can always turn farm 16 into a ranch only farm with hundreds and hundreds running around the ranch.
Old Sep 03 2012, 02:19 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Belle View Post
We can do it, Grammy is doing it tonight, I'm headed to the store to get mine, and you can do the same and then when we eat them tonight we can think of one another and compare tomorrow,
What fun! It's a date. Bon apetite!!!
Closed Thread