Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old May 31 2017, 07:04 PM

Default New Release -- May 31st, 2017

See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on June 28nd, 12:00PM.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following new features and bug fixes: EN ESPAÑOL AQUI

1. 8 Fathers Day decorations: 1 as gift, 5 in the top of the Fathers Day category in the store and 2 at the bottom.

2. 25 new levels: Located in the Buildings, Furniture and Farm Decor categories in the store. The top level is now 850.

3. 44 x 44 Farm expansions for farms 21 to 32: 25,000,000,000 coins or 30 farm cash each.

4. Regular Seeder and Combine Harvest-Plant 18 x 18 (FC): With these regular crop tools you can work on 324 crop fields at a time.

Note: To buy these tools you *do not* need to own any of the extended mode crop tools.

5. Seeder Ex and Combine Harvest-Plant Ex 7 x 7 with extended mode support (FC): These crop tools will work all fields in a squared area the size of 7x7 fields using the new faster method of farming, only highlighting a fixed squared section of the farm.

The main benefit of these tools is for working up to 784 partially overlapped fields at once. Overlapping fields is still not officially supported but if you do it on your farms or work on other players farms that do overlap fields, these new set of tools will enable a much faster farming.

Note: To buy these tools you *do not* need to own any of the regular crop tools 18x18. However, say you are using a Combine Harvest-Plant Ex of any size, if you switch to the highlight mode and you also own the regular Combine Harvest-Plant 18 x 18, then that's the Combine that will be selected instead of the regular Combine Harvest-Plant 16 x 16.

6. Performance Optimizations:

- All tools should perform faster now, this include regular and extended mode tools, however the speed increase is much more noticeably when using the extended mode tools because there is no need to highlight all items. We were able to harvest a farm full of trees at twice the speed using the extended mode tools, however this may vary depending on the users computer.

- The game now consumes much less memory so it should experience much less frequent flash crashes due to memory constrains.

- Most farms filled with workable plants (crops, trees and flowers) will now load much faster. The less variety of plants, the faster the farm should load, however we are still experimenting with more optimizations to make farms with different types of plants load faster as well.

7. Other Improvements:

a) Added new 'Owned' and 'Not Owned' filters in the Store for the Tools category so you can quickly find the tools that you already own and the ones you are still missing
b) Some of the big crop tools when working in highlight (non extended) mode were not highlighting the targeted fields correctly, sometimes they were highlighting fields that were not in the correct squared area for the tool
c) Added tooltip when mouse over the - and + zoom icons in the game panel so it shows the currently selected zoom level (from 1 to 7)

8. Bay Laurel Bush: This bush yields Bay Leaves to be used in the Filipino Restaurant.

9. Photography Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Photography Supplies.

Studio Stool
Leaning Mirror
Photo Album
Photo Prop Hat
Reflector
Backdrop
Dust Blower
Professional Lens

10. Marina Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Marina Supplies.

Marina Bollard
Piling Cap
Kayak Rack
Piling
Fish Cleaning Station
Marina Gangway
Dock Panel
Dock Lighting Fixture

11. Filipino Restaurant (FC): Produces Filipino Food.

Chocolate Porridge
Pork Adobo
Lechon
Pancit
Kare-Kare
Fish Sinigang
Goat Caldereta
Halo-Halo

New products from other facilities: Shrimp Paste from the Smokehouse.

New primary product: Bay Leaves from the Bay Laurel Bush located in the Tree category in the store.

12. Marina (Coins): Provides Yachts and Boats Moorings and Supplies Services and can be stocked with products from the Marina Supplies Factory.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post-Release Updates - June 1st, 5:20PM

- Bugfix: When you click on the up and down arrows in the ToolBox the yellow combines are not showing up.

Note: In the case of the combines column, you may need to click on the arrows 2 times to get to the bottom or top of the tools.

Post-Release Updates - June 2nd, 2:40PM

- Bugfix: When buying items from the store and putting them in the farm, when you moved the mouse some place else in the farm, the horizontal progress bar reappeared on the top of the item just bought.
- Removed the 'Oil Pump' from the Owned and Not Owned filter in the store, it was not working properly and causing confusion.

Note: For those users asking why when using the extended mode tools we don't show the crops name under the mouse, the answer is performance. When using extended mode we do not show the highlight on each item and do not need to process them individually when you move the mouse, this is one of the main reasons the extended mode tools perform much better than the regular tools.

So we decided that the extended mode tools should prioritize performance over everything else, and for those cases, which are in the minority, that you really need to see the name of the crop to harvest just that crop, then you should use the regular tools or switch to highlight mode in your Ex tool.

Post-Release Updates - June 5th, 3:40PM

- Bugfix: Crop tools were able to work on crop fields even when the crops were hidden.

Post-Release Updates - June 5th, 11:30PM

- We had to revert back the bugfix in Point #7, Feature b) because it was causing some other negative side effects for the crop tools, final solution for this problem will be released soon.

Post-Release Updates - June 7th, 5:20PM

- Released another version of the bugfix for Point #7, Feature b).

Post-Release Updates - June 7th, 10:50PM

- Continue releasing more optimizations to speed up load time and decrease memory consumption.

Post-Release Updates - June 9th, 3:30PM

- Released the Filipino Restaurant.

Post-Release Updates - June 10th, 3:05AM

- Released 25 new levels, more info in the release post above.

Post-Release Updates - June 22nd, 1:00PM

- Released several optimizations and improvements to the game, we will detail each of them at a later time. If you notice any malfunction or a negative unexpected behavior in the game, please report it on this thread.

Post-Release Updates - June 28nd, 12:00PM

- We opened this thread because we had to release some internal changes in preparation for the release tomorrow, if you experience any bugs or unexpected behavior please post it on this thread.

Known Issues:

- None

Last edited by Raul; Jun 28 2017 at 11:33 AM.
Old May 31 2017, 07:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Thanks Raul.
I have seen one issue though it may just be me. Trying to switch out tools in short cuts a couple of the spots to place them would not stay highlighted (yellow box) in normal size screen. I had to go to full screen to get it to work.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 31 2017, 07:40 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Oct 21 2022
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Thanks again raul and staff

Visit Harry's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old May 31 2017, 07:40 PM

Lightbulb Woo-hoo the ability to search tools by "not owned".

Woo-hoo the ability to search tools by "not owned". Thank you, thank you!

Farming Since July 25, 2009 USER ID number 537090646
Old May 31 2017, 07:45 PM

woohoo!! doing trees is at *least* twice as fast! can't wait to do more harvesting just to ck it all out... thank you!
Old May 31 2017, 08:01 PM

Thanks Raul! nice surprise!!
Old May 31 2017, 08:04 PM

All My Yellow Combine Tools Disappeared from My Tools in Farm Town I have them as Individuals But Not The Combine I Cant See It At All .......
Old May 31 2017, 08:09 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Thank you!!!
Old May 31 2017, 08:09 PM

I ran memcashe cleaner as Google cleaner several times and They finally turned up TY
Old May 31 2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game, details coming in a few hours.

Please post here any issues you may find in the meantime.

Thanks

--Raul
Unable to harvest flowers!!!
Closed Thread