Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 30 2015, 12:03 PM

Suddenly, my green hand is unable to move a facility on top of crops... Really has made life miserable. If I can find a certain place along the edge I can move them outside the farm, but other than that I can't move anything. Can't move ponds or seacoasts inside the farm, either....

I have restarted the game, restarted the browser, and cleared memcache. Any other suggestions?

This feature was working a couple days ago, or whenever the last time I used it...

Thanks...
Old Oct 30 2015, 12:23 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK... View Post
Suddenly, my green hand is unable to move a facility on top of crops... Really has made life miserable. If I can find a certain place along the edge I can move them outside the farm, but other than that I can't move anything. Can't move ponds or seacoasts inside the farm, either....

I have restarted the game, restarted the browser, and cleared memcache. Any other suggestions?

This feature was working a couple days ago, or whenever the last time I used it...

Thanks...
Hi PK,

I don't do what you describe as a rule, but gave it a go to test it for you. I had no problems moving my waters on or off the farms and with the facility all i had to do was wait for the footprint to turn green before it would let me set it down. Perhaps this is a temporary problem.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Oct 30 2015, 01:06 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK... View Post
I have the same problem. It worked until this morning, and now it's no longer possible. In fact I had no problems on Chromium (and only slowness on Chrome) until now. I suspect it's because of either a) the flash problem with hidden items becoming unhidden even when unchecked (which only started today for me) or b) the removal of the red squares when hiding trees etc (which is new from today), or c) a combination of the above.

The red squares - they disappear anyway if you hide and reload, and they are extremely useful, e.g. when planting small trees behind bigger ones - then you know where not to plant. Now you have to guess and hope your aim is good.

If this red square issue prevents placing trees and flowers and facilities on top of crops, it will drive a lot of people away from the game ... and so the devs should consider reversing that change.

I'm having problems aiming the smaller tools (which I use for harvesting small numbers of fields on my quest farm) - the 1x2 harvest tool harvests trees as well, so now I either need to wait till this is all fixed before doing quests properly, or moving all my trees to the upper end of the farm (which I have done tonight.)
Old Oct 30 2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralVirologist View Post
I have the same problem. It worked until this morning, and now it's no longer possible. In fact I had no problems on Chromium (and only slowness on Chrome) until now. I suspect it's because of either a) the flash problem with hidden items becoming unhidden even when unchecked (which only started today for me) or b) the removal of the red squares when hiding trees etc (which is new from today), or c) a combination of the above.

The red squares - they disappear anyway if you hide and reload, and they are extremely useful, e.g. when planting small trees behind bigger ones - then you know where not to plant. Now you have to guess and hope your aim is good.

If this red square issue prevents placing trees and flowers and facilities on top of crops, it will drive a lot of people away from the game ... and so the devs should consider reversing that change.
It DOES appear that the "Red Square Fix" is the culprit of this nasty problem. My problems also only started today, and I strongly agree with RuralVirologist that the Devs roll this fix back and find another way to attack the major problem.

I can handle things not staying hidden, but the new issues related to the red squares is a real deal breaker. I also concur that this will drive people away faster than anything else that has happened to date.

I am hanging in by the skin of my teeth....
Old Oct 30 2015, 03:40 PM

Default Ditto!

Please, please undo whatever you did last night. I liked my red squares - they were very helpful. In fact now I LOVED my red squares. What was the point in removing them?

Last edited by Snookie Sue; Oct 30 2015 at 03:49 PM.
Old Oct 30 2015, 12:46 PM

About this...
"When hiding things we removed the red lines marking the spot of the hidden items, they were slowing down the game significantly when dragging and farming in a farm with lot of red lines."

If its possible to get the red lines back for flowers and trees when hidde in the future, it would make me happy! Because when I plant lots of flowers and trees at the same time its easy to slip a spot, and the red lines then helps me view where I forgot.

Understand speed comes first, but please consider if possible in the future.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...6759&farm_ix=3
Old Nov 03 2015, 10:36 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamePondarosa View Post
About this...
"When hiding things we removed the red lines marking the spot of the hidden items, they were slowing down the game significantly when dragging and farming in a farm with lot of red lines."

If its possible to get the red lines back for flowers and trees when hidde in the future, it would make me happy! Because when I plant lots of flowers and trees at the same time its easy to slip a spot, and the red lines then helps me view where I forgot.

Understand speed comes first, but please consider if possible in the future.
I too have taken advantage of the red lines when planting trees and flowers - they've been a huge help. Maybe in the future it could be a preference whether to show or hide the red lines; that way they can be hidden for speed, but when we want to take advantage of them, we can choose to sacrifice the speed.

PS - the "grass with guidelines" option does not serve the same purpose, since it does not show where you've actually planted trees or flowers. The red lines help us know if we've missed a spot, or gotten things out of alignment (for those of us who are fussy about such things!). Thanks.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Last edited by earlgray; Nov 03 2015 at 10:42 AM.
Old Nov 03 2015, 10:59 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
I too have taken advantage of the red lines when planting trees and flowers - they've been a huge help. Maybe in the future it could be a preference whether to show or hide the red lines; that way they can be hidden for speed, but when we want to take advantage of them, we can choose to sacrifice the speed.

PS - the "grass with guidelines" option does not serve the same purpose, since it does not show where you've actually planted trees or flowers. The red lines help us know if we've missed a spot, or gotten things out of alignment (for those of us who are fussy about such things!). Thanks.
I agree with you, those lines are the ones that let me know if I missed a spot between trees and flowers, but even with the red lines the game is working perfectly this morning... Thanks Raul & company, like I always say you guys rock... now about the new release..... hint, hint, hint...

Time to close this thread?
Old Oct 30 2015, 01:11 PM

Just to add ... I suspect the devs made the options available to tick for hiding certain items so that if flowers were planted behind small trees, people could get to them ... or plant them there. I think many, if not most, have realised that this allows trees/facilities etc to be planted where crops are if the crops are hidden. I don't know if this is contrary to the "no stacking/layering" policy, or if that applies only to crops. Either way, at least for me and some others, that has effectively ended. And that is what will drive people (customers) away.

Having redone my quest farm, I can live with it ... and really don't want to leave, and this isn't going to make me leave. I'll be planting long term crops for a while, and then if there is no fix, redesign my farms so one farm has only flowers, another only trees (I'm not into the nice-looking decoration thing - I always ended up squeezing in a few fields between mansions to get that extra crop!)

Addition/edit: I notice now that I cannot easily load the farms of those with many facilities on the farm used to advertise work. E.g. one with 75 facilities - it hangs at 6% saying that it's loading facilities. I used to be able to avoid that by hiding all the facilities before I went around helping.

Last edited by RuralVirologist; Oct 30 2015 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Addition of bottom paragraph.
Old Oct 30 2015, 01:24 PM

another bug.... when you use the combine for harvesting plowing and seeding ... you do not get your xp or coins... I thought it was with the super neighbour only but it is on my own farm as well....

so frustrating maybe you can freeze the crops so we don't lose them as well. it's so much slower since last night....

also saying already done.....

Please fix
Closed Thread