Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #121  
Old Dec 02 2023, 08:11 PM
NewfarmerBrown NewfarmerBrown is offline
Account Not Linked
 
Join Date: Jan 15 2021
Posts: 1
Default


NCC:
Even though we are fairly new, my wife and I love the NCC contests. Please do not change a thing. We try every week. It is very entertaining. Sometimes you place sometimes you don't, but we still enjoy it. Great Job!
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old Dec 14 2023, 06:28 AM
Irish355 Irish355 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 13 2010
Posts: 21
Default

I give up playing NCC and disabled it in my preferences and I won't be buying any more facilities. Each week in my group are eight people that start out with only two facilities out of four. I don't see them purchasing any during the time period. Yet each week they are placing 1, 2 and 3. I have eight facilites and place 10. I work everyone's facilities and out of those that place, only two work mine. Looks like these issues have been happening since 2010 according to the posts, yet nothing has changed. I'm done.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old Dec 14 2023, 08:25 AM
marymarcel's Avatar
marymarcel marymarcel is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 30 2009
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 14,869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish355 View Post
I give up playing NCC and disabled it in my preferences and I won't be buying any more facilities. Each week in my group are eight people that start out with only two facilities out of four. I don't see them purchasing any during the time period. Yet each week they are placing 1, 2 and 3. I have eight facilites and place 10. I work everyone's facilities and out of those that place, only two work mine. Looks like these issues have been happening since 2010 according to the posts, yet nothing has changed. I'm done.
Hi Irish

If your neighbors do not work your facilities then you can't refill them and get more points for your NCC.


Maybe you should talk to your neighbors to see why they are not working your facilities/services and you know you can always add more neighbors and/or delete the ones you consider that are not helping you.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old Feb 08 2024, 10:49 AM
RozeeS RozeeS is offline
Account Not Linked
 
Join Date: Feb 14 2010
Posts: 73
Default

The NCC competition is very unfair. It doesn't take into account of the person who has entered and their facilities. It relies too much on their neigbhours who have entered.

I have decided not to bother with the next NCC. When I posted on here sometime back that I hadn't won in years, I suddenly won the next NCC. I haven't won again since.

I used to win years ago and I mean many years ago. When I added people to help with other things in the game around 2012/13 I haven't won since.

When you enter the game weekly and and find the person at the number 1 in competeing teams spot is over twice the points than you need it it pointless. I feel there should be a better way to make the NCC more fair. I think most people who win this weekly contest are those that have loads of FC facilities or just enough good neighbours to help them. I know most of my neighbours come in the tops 3.

Even with 6 facilities last week I can,t even make 5th place even posting as much as I can and my neighbours woking them. I help my neighbours as much as I can with their facilities but seems to count for nothing.

I have no idea how this contest is calculated but it needs rethinking! It makes me very despondant playing this game for this aspect even to the point I want to quit playing!
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old Feb 10 2024, 10:55 AM
JohnAlbertini JohnAlbertini is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 08 2010
Posts: 573
Default

I thought we were supposed to be in the NCC with like competitors but for the last 4-5 weeks in a row I've had SEVERAL competitors each week with multiple Farm Cash facilities when I have had none. Again this week TWO with EACH FC facility. CAN'T compete with them!
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old Feb 10 2024, 11:43 AM
Taz D's Avatar
Taz D Taz D is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Location: Ace, Tx
Posts: 20,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
I thought we were supposed to be in the NCC with like competitors but for the last 4-5 weeks in a row I've had SEVERAL competitors each week with multiple Farm Cash facilities when I have had none. Again this week TWO with EACH FC facility. CAN'T compete with them!
Hi John,
You do not see what facilities your competitors have. That does not show in the contest manager.
The only ones you can see who have how many and what facilities are your neighbors in your chain. Those are not the ones you are competing against.


Each contest has to be 10 competitors. The number of players who have the lower amount of facilities that you have is very limited. So the game has to try to match you with the closest ones to you.
__________________
Taz
Dubh Glais Estates
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Feb 10 2024 at 12:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old Feb 27 2024, 03:25 PM
KoalaBear777's Avatar
KoalaBear777 KoalaBear777 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 18 2019
Posts: 60
Angry Stop pitting neighbors against each other!

I know for a FACT that you DO pit us against our neighbors when you assign the neighborhood teams. I've had to STOP working my neighbors facilities after they are "assigned" precisely because if I work theirs I am working against myself. I see who was in what neighborhood when the places are announced at the end of the contest and find out I was working against myself to help them win.
Your assignment of neighborhoods for purposes of the rankings needs to be REWORKED to exclude people who are neighbors of each other. I'm sick and tired of it.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old Feb 27 2024, 03:35 PM
Taz D's Avatar
Taz D Taz D is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Location: Ace, Tx
Posts: 20,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaBear777 View Post
I know for a FACT that you DO pit us against our neighbors when you assign the neighborhood teams. I've had to STOP working my neighbors facilities after they are "assigned" precisely because if I work theirs I am working against myself. I see who was in what neighborhood when the places are announced at the end of the contest and find out I was working against myself to help them win.
Your assignment of neighborhoods for purposes of the rankings needs to be REWORKED to exclude people who are neighbors of each other. I'm sick and tired of it.
Hi KoalaBear,
No one is assigning the groups of competitors. It is done by the program and assigns the 10 closest matched players. Your neighbors are only assigned as your competitor if there are not enough others available to fill the 10 places. There has to be 10 competitors in each contest group, so sometimes you may get a neighbor as a competitor. There isn't any way to totally exclude neighbors if there are not enough others to fill all the positions, but neighbors are a last choice to fill those.

By not working their facilities you are not only not helping them but you are not helping yourself either.
__________________
Taz
Dubh Glais Estates
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old Feb 28 2024, 12:38 AM
KoalaBear777's Avatar
KoalaBear777 KoalaBear777 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 18 2019
Posts: 60
Default

>>"It is done by the program and assigns the 10 closest matched players".
That's your answer for everything isn't it? The program did it. How about the programmers add some code to exclude neighbors from the matches it chooses?


>>"...sometimes you may get a neighbor as a competitor"
SOMETIMES? How about EVERY time and not just one but MANY.

I am tired of working against myself. If you can't fix it, then you're not really programming anything are you?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 AM.