Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 20 2010, 12:53 AM
Account Not Linked

On the issue of new levels and cost of upgrading. The bottom line is no matter what the devs do not everyone is going to be satisfied. As the saying goes you can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time (that's a pale paraphrasing of it on my part). My personal opinion, for what it's worth, is that they've struck a pretty good balance overall.

The XP gaps between levels increase gradually as you work your way up from lower to higher levels. Of course a gap of 20-25k is going to seem huge to someone who hasn't been playing long, but by the time you face that challenge (between levels 115-135) chances are you'll have at least 5 farms, 15-20 facilities and the means to earn 20-25k of XPs within a few days. The same principle applies to the cost of the farm upgrades. 100million to a newer player would seem exorbitant, but put in the hard yards and you'll eventually reach a stage where it is very achievable (and rewarding when you do achieve it).

My personal hats off to the devs on producing a challenging, yet ultimately rewarding gaming experience
Old Sep 20 2010, 01:18 AM

I am wondering where I post a problem upgrading my sixth farm??? It shows on my facebook wall that I upgraded it and it took the coins and I got the exp but my farm size is the same?? help please...thanks
Old Sep 20 2010, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debc75 View Post
I am wondering where I post a problem upgrading my sixth farm??? It shows on my facebook wall that I upgraded it and it took the coins and I got the exp but my farm size is the same?? help please...thanks
Hi, try clearing your memory cache, closing your browser and then reload browser and game.
Old Sep 20 2010, 01:59 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Thanks for the explanation, Tony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
Hi Sue, you can put it in storage and take it out and use it. The only limitation with this is you have to have an empty spot on the farm to put it. If you use either of the move methods you do not need an empty spot to place the spreader.

I find it easier to leave it in the one spot, but to each their own...
Old Sep 20 2010, 04:33 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueW170 View Post
Glad you posted this, Sunny. I've been having trouble dragging my farms, too and thought it might be because I upgraded my system from 32 bit to 64 bit. That didn't affect anything else, though, so I was thinking it might be something in the FT upgrades.
No real problem since it DOES drag eventually.
Finally I have a problem with the game that is not unique to me LOL i have tried everything to fix this..... emptied cache and temp files from my pc....deleted slashKey.com folder, removed and reinstalled Flash from their site... rebooted my pc... I defragged a few days before the updates came out.......The game is loading much better after doing all this... but I normally do all of this when we get updates... just seems to help ..... it don't happen all the time just a majority... also when i go to one of my other farms it will load that farm two times.. again not all the time.........seems i can drag the farm better If I am using the harvester rather than plowing... though when i harvested for a couple of neighbors yesterday the dragging constantly would flash at me and I was not able to drag it at all......also when i got to full screen mode several times when i went back to normal view I couldn't type in the chat box...... all this has only started since the updates came out.. not a problem prior to that....... hoping it will settle down in a couple of days...

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 20 2010, 07:41 AM
Account Not Linked

I can't load my Paper Mill. I have hundreds of Pine Log Piles in Storage but it tells me I don't have enough to start producing.
Is anyone else having this problem? I love all the upgrades. Keep up the good work.
Old Sep 20 2010, 07:59 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogartty View Post
I can't load my Paper Mill. I have hundreds of Pine Log Piles in Storage but it tells me I don't have enough to start producing.
Is anyone else having this problem? I love all the upgrades. Keep up the good work.
The log piles do not have to go to the lumber mill first, they go straight from chopping to the paper mill. Did you maybe put them through the lumber mill first?
Old Sep 20 2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
it just means your avatar wont interfere with whatever it is you're doing, even tho you still see it

Aha! I was thinking you had to click on the avatar and make it disappear. Thanks Rob.
Old Sep 20 2010, 08:08 AM

Thanks zillions Dev's this is fantastic. At last my farm cash is building up, now I am in a quandary what to spend it on.
This gets better and better
xxxxx
Old Sep 20 2010, 08:23 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double T Dude Ranch View Post
The log piles do not have to go to the lumber mill first, they go straight from chopping to the paper mill. Did you maybe put them through the lumber mill first?

That's exactly what I was doing. Thanks a million Double T. Feel stoopid now .
Closed Thread